Teairra Mari Interview
Teairra Mari may only be 17 years old, but she's already been crowned the Princess of the Roc. With an upcoming album, a couple of hot tracks already hitting the airways and Jay-Z by her side, this is one Detroit native you'll be hearing a lot about in the future. Check out my interview with Teairra Mari!
Sindy: Hey Teairra! How's it going?
- Teairra Mari: Great, great, great!
Sindy: Congrats on your new album!
- Teairra Mari: Thank you!
Sindy: How come you named the album, Roc-A-Fella Records Presents... Teairra Mari?
- Teairra Mari: Because it's true! And it's self-titled - you can't go wrong with that! Roc-A-Fella Records presents me!
Sindy: Ok cool. So why do you describe your album as "a girl's dictionary?"
- Teairra Mari: You know, it's like when you stumble on a word and you look it up in the dictionary, but with this album, it's guys trying to figure their girl out - they can listen to the album.
Sindy: I really like your latest single, No Daddy. I think it's a totally hot track, but it's got a serious message behind it about growing up without a father... is this album an autobiography?
- Teairra Mari: Yes, it really, really, really is. It's me, my life.
Sindy: So what's your fave track?
- Teairra Mari: That one! I love the whole album, but that's my favorite.
Sindy: How did you become crowned as the "Princess of the Roc?"
- Teairra Mari: Jay-Z came up with it. It's nice! I mean, coming from him, anything is nice!
Sindy: You have a really cool name. How did you get it, and what does it mean?
- Teairra Mari: Well, my mother named me Teairra. Mari is just a name that's been passed down from generations.
Sindy: So how'd you get discovered?
- Teairra Mari: I started with this local production company in Detroit, we put together a demo, LA Reid got it and he signed me.
Sindy: Have you always wanted to sing?
- Teairra Mari: Yes, my whole life. It's always been second nature.
Sindy: What was your first ever live performance?
- Teairra Mari: In school, at a talent show. I was in the fifth grade. I sang No, No, No by Destiny's Child.
Click here to read more of my interview with Teairra Mari!
- Rihanna Interview
- Bow Wow Interview
- Chris Brown Interview
- More Interviews From Your Fave Musical Artists!