Endurance TV Show Facts
Endurance - An Overview
Each season of Endurance starts off in a new location with 20 new, teen competitors - think Survivor with a twist. Instead of competing alone, pairs are arranged (one boy, one girl) and they battle it out as a team. In the end, both members of the winning team, wins the grand prize (this year it's a trip to Hawaii). How are the winners determined? Well, each episode the pairs will compete in different challenges. Whoever wins the challenge, also wins a pyramid piece. There are a total of 13 pyramid pieces and the first team to win them all becomes the ultimate Endurance players.
Endurance - The Pyramid Pieces
- Friendship - This pyramid piece symbolizes the importance of getting to know your fellow competitors because their friendship will often be the key to making it to the end.
- Teamwork - Obviously if you can't work with your teammate, things are going to be a long uphill battle to winning.
- Ingenuity - This pyramid piece will go to the team who uses clever thinking and imagination to solve problems fast and efficiently.
- Trust - Without trust, a team can fall apart. So it's not only important to trust your partner, but to also trust in yourself to endure through this game.
- Knowledge - This pyramid piece doesn't necessarily go to the team with the highest IQ, but to the team that learns from its experiences and uses that knowledge to their advantage.
- Heart - Passion will take you a long way in life and in the game of Endurance. If you have the heart to go after what you want, you have what it takes to succeed.
- Strength - If you've watched the show, you know that it takes some serious physical and mental strength to get through the rigorous demands of the game.
- Perseverance - This piece will go to the team that doesn't give up - even if they are always lagging behind.
- Luck - Even the most prepared team sometimes will win a competition just out of sheer luck and that's where this pyramid piece comes in.
- Leadership - Even in a game where everyone is out for themselves, some players are just natural leaders. The competitor(s) that display good leadership skills will score this piece.
- Discipline - It's hard to stay focused in a game that takes so much out of you, but the team that is disciplined enough to do this deserves this piece.
- Courage - We're all afraid of something, but the team that has the courage to overcome their fears will move that one step closer to the end.
- Commitment - You may not get you ideal partner at the beginning of the game, but giving them your full dedication will guarantee you some success.
Endurance - Fun Facts
- JD Roth is both the host of Endurance, as well as the producer of the show.
- Two contestants on Endurance: High Sierras were voted on the show by viewers.
- You can catch Endurance: High Sierras on NBC every Saturday. Check you local listings for exact times.
- Max Deleo and Jenna Jimenez, the first pair to be kicked of season one of Endurance, returned to the show in season two to win it all!
- On Endurance: Hawaii, two of the originally disqualified players, Tom Maden and Vanetta Smith, were brought back for a second shot. They came in 5th place.
- JD Roth Interview
- Enduring the Endurance Setting
- The Best and Worst of Survivor
- More Cool TV Show Facts!