Hello Kitty Profile
Hello Kitty first appeared on Japanese kids' stationery in the '70s, but she's pawed her way to fame among Hollywood celebs with a line that includes everything from pajamas to bubble gum! Get the goods on everyone's favorite kitten, Hello Kitty!
Hello Kitty - The Man Behind the Cat
Sanrio is a Japanese company that's famous for its cute and adorable cartoon characters like Cinnamoroll and Keroppi - but Hello Kitty is the most popular and successful. She was created by designer Ikuko Shimizu in 1974, and named after one of Alice's cats in the book, Through the Looking Glass, by Lewis Carroll. Since British culture was popular with Japanese girls at the time of Hello Kitty's creation, she was made into an English cat!
Hello Kitty - Fun Facts
- Hello Kitty's full name is Kitty White.
- Hello Kitty is in the third grade, but she was introduced to the world on November 1, 1974 - that makes her 30 years old!
- Hello Kitty lives in London, England.
- Hello Kitty is as tall as five apples and weighs as much as three apples.
- Hello Kitty has a twin sister, Mimmy, who is also her best friend. You can tell them apart cuz they wear ribbons on different ears.
- Hello Kitty wants to be a poet or pianist when she grows up.
- Hello Kitty's hobbies include listening to music, traveling, reading, eating yummy cookies and making new friends - as Hello Kitty says, you can never have too many friends!
Hello Kitty - The Kitty Collection
The cartoon character first appeared on wallets and stationery, but has clawed her way up to the top of the fashion world. From jewelry and purses to clothing and boy-short underwear, Hello Kitty has come a long way from her retro beginnings. And now, the cute cat can be found on cell phones! Gwen Stefani and Outkast's Big Boi were the first to scoop up the special edition Hello Kitty phone. Check it out at the Sanrio store!
Hello Kitty - Kitty Sightings
Hello Kitty isn't just popular with tweens, but also with celebs! Stars like Scarlett Johansson, Jessica Alba, Christina Aguilera and Destiny's Child are into the Kitty craze. But Mariah Carey may be Hello Kitty's biggest fan - she owns the hair dryer, the toaster and the boom box!
- Take a look at all the Hello Kitty merchandise at the official Sanrio website!
- Travel - Welcome to Japan
- Check Out Stuff by Hilary Duff
- Celebrity Fashion Lines - Gwen Stefani and Eve
- More Fashion and Beauty!