Kw-logo-holiday

Comments

Overview of World War II

As Holocaust Memorial Day approaches, get the fact on WWII - the devastating war that killed more people than any other war in history. Back to Article

TheMusicGirl
TheMusicGirl wrote:
2014-05-01 19:42:00 -0700

We read Night by Elie Wiesel in class and it's so sad.

SOPHlE
SOPHlE wrote:
2014-05-01 17:10:59 -0700

My great grandpa was in the military, by the way.

SOPHlE
SOPHlE wrote:
2014-05-01 17:10:14 -0700

World War lll might be about to happen. The west thretened the new Russia sanctions, at the same time Kiev threatened 'world war three'. Kiev incriminated Moscow of being the trigger for a third world war. There were tanks patriotically waving Russian flags five miles from the Ukraine border, on film.

CaptSurge
CaptSurge wrote:
2014-05-01 17:00:53 -0700

WWII was the biggest war anyone fought, but we might be on out way to WORLD WAR THREE, Russia is getting closer to hostility, North Korea is testing nuclear missiles, Taliban and al-queda still in Iraq and afganisthan.

CaptSurge
CaptSurge wrote:
2014-05-01 16:57:55 -0700

In WWI the British were one of the only allied powers who could fight, and a lot of the deaths were from the influenza death. BUT you guys did make the tank, the lozenge shaped tanks -sighs happily- but yeah England lost a lot of men in that war, considerable more than WWII I think.

Mrawsomegamer
Mrawsomegamer wrote:
2013-09-11 08:01:28 -0700

In theory, WW1 was the most devastating conflict, for us British. An estimated 100million people's lives were taken. That's like 3/4 of the population of Britain. But only 1/3 of Germany. On Christmas, they all stopped fighting for a day and played a game of football (Not American Football.) It's a shame really that the War didn't end there! Frown Nose

TrackIsMyLife
TrackIsMyLife wrote:
2013-07-04 07:33:01 -0700

my great grand father was a medic for the soldiers.

-ZeroHero-
-ZeroHero- wrote:
2013-05-26 09:05:04 -0700

August 9 is my birthday that bombing its written on my book c: My Grandpa was killed on WWII

shemizcool
shemizcool wrote:
2013-03-08 15:40:34 -0800

history with war II IN NAZI HETALIA BAD. AMERICAN GOOD

loveandjoy11
loveandjoy11 wrote:
2012-09-16 21:01:26 -0700

My grandpaw faugt in it but I never got to meet him he did not die in the war but he died befor I ever met him.

Hoax
Hoax wrote:
2012-08-19 03:26:48 -0700

I've been studying WWll since I was 8 because it is the most important thing that has come to humans yet, and it has effected so much, infact if WWll didn't happen then the U.S. wouldn't be what it is today we could still be suffering from depression

Smirk14
Smirk14 wrote:
2012-08-15 07:50:24 -0700

>.> First thing that comes to my mind while reading this? Hetalia. Second? The poor people who lost their lives.

-TheSadnessWillNeverEnd.
-TheSadnessWillNeverEnd. wrote:
2012-08-14 23:52:27 -0700

Cried while learning about this in class last year T.T

padme amadala
padme amadala wrote:
2012-04-25 13:43:05 -0700

omg u r so right those jews did not do anything
why did this happen to them! Frown Nose Sad

ParadiseHeart
ParadiseHeart wrote:
2012-04-21 10:29:54 -0700

I remember this, we are studying it in our class,
very tragic! Frustrated

countrygrl042600
countrygrl042600 wrote:
2012-04-21 10:26:16 -0700

i luv learning about it my great grandfather was in it too but whren i as 5 he died Frown

Mr.Historian
Mr.Historian wrote:
2012-04-21 10:10:02 -0700

i love learning about it...it was a terrible war but wwii wasnt were the most Americans died that was the Civil War about 625,000 americans died there but in general wwii did have more casualties

Lottie_Rocks
Lottie_Rocks wrote:
2012-04-21 10:06:36 -0700

*Frown

Lottie_Rocks
Lottie_Rocks wrote:
2012-04-21 10:06:28 -0700

I love learning about WWII!! My Great Grandfather faught in it, He died recently. Frown

brightgirl 13
brightgirl 13 wrote:
2012-04-21 10:04:17 -0700

I hate learning about the jewsish houlocaust its so sad

What Were the Allies Also Known As?

• The Isolationists.
  • The Big Three.
  • The Peace Keepers.
  • The League of Nations.

World War I started after a Serbian nationalist assassinated the Archduke of Austria. Learn the h...
Micro_veterans_micro
Whether you call it Remembrance Day or Veterans Day, it's all about one thing: remembering those ...

Random in the forums

shae508
Twisted visions. Dirty lies. No one knows the truth. That lies deep inside. The pain you hide. All day and night. It burns you. Hurts you.  Slowly, Killing you. You hide it best you can. Smile and say it's okay. But really. It's another lie. Another smudge. Inside your mind. You smile though. Keeping hope. But every day. Second by second. It goes away. And at night. There is only despair. Tearing out your hair. You scream at yourself. Why?! Why are you this way?! But when morning comes. You will wash away. All the tears. And all the pain. The lies are dirty. But the truth is dirtier.
reply 1 minute
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Debating:
"Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "Aleisha14" wrote: No your not understanding my point, this is a response to a reply i got, i believe in the death penalty being brought to Scotland as people pay taxes which increase so we can keep killers in our country, wouldn't it be better to give them the same fate as they forced onto an innocent person. In my opinion the death penalty should be brought to my country  Studies show that it costs more to execute prisoners than it does to imprison them for life. It does not save money to kill prisoners, but even if it did, are we really going to reduce the value of a human life to that level? Something we cut to save tax money?  If you want to sink to the level of the killer, sure, or we could take the high road and lead by example by not killing people.   The fraughtness....
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"Aleisha14" wrote:No your not understanding my point, this is a response to a reply i got, i believe in the death penalty being brought to Scotland as people pay taxes which increase so we can keep killers in our country, wouldn't it be better to give them the same fate as they forced onto an innocent person.In my opinion the death penalty should be brought to my country  Studies show that it costs more to execute prisoners than it does to imprison them for life. It does not save money to kill prisoners, but even if it did, are we really going to reduce the value of a human life to that level? Something we cut to save tax money?  If you want to sink to the level of the killer, sure, or we could take the high road and lead by example by not killing people.
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Debating:
"Aleisha14" wrote: No your not understanding my point, this is a response to a reply i got, i believe in the death penalty being brought to Scotland as people pay taxes which increase so we can keep killers in our country, wouldn't it be better to give them the same fate as they forced onto an innocent person. In my opinion the death penalty should be brought to my country  What makes a murderer any more deserving of death on the basis of taxes...than anyone else in prison? I mean your point is fraught with worse problems, but I'm hoping this can be the most relatable.
reply about 1 hour