Boys and Girls Clubs didn't actually start out as a club for boys and girls. In fact, it used to be for boys only! The first Boys Club sprang up in Connecticut, after a group of women noticed how young boys from needy families would hang out on the steets after school cuz they didn't have anywhere else to go. So the club was created to provide them with a safe place to play. The idea spread across the country and more clubs were formed. In response to a growing need, the Boys Clubs began to serve girls and changed its name to Boys & Girls Clubs of America in 1984. There are now similiar organizations in Canada, Australia, Germany and many other countries around the world.
Boys & Girls Clubs - After-School Programs
From arts and sports to career exploration and leadership skills, Boys and Girls Clubs offer a variety of programs that are both safe and fun. The clubs also offer camps and outdoor adventure programs during holidays and summer vacations! Since 3-6PM is the time of day when children are usually unsupervised, Boys & Girls Clubs run their programs after school, and on weeknights and weekends.
Boys & Girls Clubs - Did U Know?
Boys & Girls Clubs of America has about 3,700 clubs and serves more than 4.4 million youth.
47% of club members come from single-parent households, and 66% are from minority families.
If you're willing to face the consequences, then yes. I know a lot of people say violence is never the answer, but in truth it sometimes is. If you really want somebody to leave you alone, then fight. If you win, it shows that you're dominant over that person and hopefully he/she will leave you alone.
Honestly, I think it's better to get your feelings out sooner rather than later- maybe ask him why he's being mean to you... Though, don't say it in such a way that annoys boys... If you know what I mean.
Hello. Just call me Carrots if you don't know me already. :p
Anyway, I'm hoping I'll be able to make a little forum post on making friends and making sure the friendships last. ^-^
I hope this helps.
Making friends can be dauntless, especially if you moved schools or to a different place which is simply far away from your old friends. I mean, it's fine to keep in contact with your old friends ##-####, text, letters etc), but you do have to consider it'll be better if you can make more friends at your new location- seriously, it'll help!
How to make friends//
• Get talking with people- join in people's conversations; try to be a little more social- it'll be easier to make friends if you're social around people.
• Have a look around- are there any clubs or events that catch your interest- maybe a drama class or art club? If you join these type of things, you're more likely to meet people who have similar interests to you. :3
• Do act yourself. That means not to be so loud that people take you in the wrong way- but don't be too quiet either- otherwise people won't notice you!
• Pay attention to people when they're speaking- they'll appreciate it if you just listen to what they say and you can have your say too!
• Hang out with one or two people that you already know- who knows, you might be introduced to their friends too.
• Do make an effort! c:
[posting more tomorrow- I'm sorry that this is absolutely terrible]