Shaun Alexander Biography
Can running back, Shaun Alexander, lead the Seattle Seahawks to a Super Bowl victory? Find out more about the NFL MVP right here.
Shaun Alexander Biography - Kentucky Kid
Shaun Alexander was born in Florence, Kentucky and played football at Boone County High School, where he set records for rushing yards and touchdowns. After high school, Alexander accepted a college football scholarship to the University of Alabama, where he played four seasons and set a team record by rushing for 3,565 yards. Following his stellar career at Alabama, the speedy Alexander was drafted in the first round of the NFL draft by the Seattle Seahawks.
Shaun Alexander Biography - Seahawks Superstar
Shaun Alexander made an impact with the Seahawks almost immediately. He played in all 16 games with the 'Hawks in his rookie year and led the NFL with 14 touchdowns in his second season. Alexander's rise to super-stardom continued in 2004, when he scored 20 touchdowns and finished a yard shy of winning the NFL rushing title. Behind a strong offensive line, Alexander has become one of the most dangerous running backs in the NFL and helped turn the Seahawks into one of the best teams in football. In 2005, Alexander rewrote the NFL record book by scoring 28 touchdowns and led the Seahawks to the best record in the NFC. Alexander was also named the NFL's Most Valuable Player in '05 and helped the Seahawks advance to the Super Bowl for the first time.
Shaun Alexander Bio - Did You Know?
- Shaun Alexander set an NFL record on September 29, 2002 by scoring five touchdowns in the first half against the Minnesota Vikings.
- Alexander earned a degree in Marketing while playing football at the University of Alabama.
- Shaun Alexander and his wife, Valerie, have two daughters, Heaven and Trinity.
- NFL's Best Wide Receivers
- Offensive Linemen: Big Men, Big Job
- NFL Quiz
- More Football Stories, Bios and Quizzes