Inspector Gadget Show Facts
He has springs in his feet and a phone in his thumb but he still needs his niece to help him save the day. Get your Go-Go Gadget trivia here!
Back in the 1980s - when the earth's crust was newly formed - there was an unlikely hero who rescued Metro City every week with unfailing regularity. That man's name was Inspector Gadget and, to a generation of kids, he was a god. Find out why!
Inspector Gadget - Main Characters
- Inspector Gadget - A klutzy detective with a seemingly limitless collection of gadgets. He always manages to save the day (or at least get the credit) despite his blunders, thanks to a little (okay, A LOT) of help from his sidekicks Penny and Brain.
- Penny - Gadget's niece and the real brains of the operation. She and her "computer book" (this was before the days of PalmPilots) were usually responsible for foiling MAD's schemes.
- Brain - Penny's dog. Known for being the original Master of Disguise, Brain helps Penny to save Inspector Gadget - and therefore Metro City. He can speak to humans but it's sometimes impossible to understand what Brain is saying through his thick "dog" accent
- Chief Quimby - Gadget's boss. Gives Gadget his mission at the beginning of every episode and congratulates him after he succeeds.
- Doctor Claw - The main villain and leader of MAD, an association of evil-doers. His face is never shown.
- Mad Cat - Dr. Claw's cat. He can't speak or do much of anything except laugh along with Doctor Claw when their evil plans succeed.
Inspector Gadget - Fun Facts
- Inspector Gadget was mentioned a few times on The Super Mario Bros. Show and one episode even featured a guest appearance by a live-action version of Gadget.
- In the piolot episode, Inspector Gadget had a mustache.
- In an episode that takes place in an insane asylum, the inmates are modeled after the show's animators.
Inspector Gadget - Quotes
- "I'll get you next time, Gadget. Next time!" - Doctor Claw
- "You never know what might happen with Uncle Gadget." - Penny
- "Bartender, a milk... on the rocks." - Inspector Gadget
Inspector Gadget: The Original Series - DVD Review
If you loved the Inspector Gadget movie, you'll dig the old school cartoon. The four-DVD boxed set includes the first 22 episodes of the show, as well as special features like original art, fan art and interviews. Wowsers! Be warned, though - the theme song will be stuck in your head for weeks.
Inspector Gadget DVD Rating: