Universal Studios Hollywood Theme Park
Summer has finally arrived and that means you and your family will probably be looking for things to occupy all your free time. Why not do something that everyone will enjoy like visiting LA's Universal Studios Hollywood theme park? Get the goods on this huge amusement park!
Universal Studios Hollywood - Go Behind the Scenes
Universal Studios Hollywood is the original Universal theme park - which has spawned two more parks, Universal Studios Orlando and Universal Studios Japan. Universal Studios has always offered tours of their production stages, starting up a train ride tour of their movie sets back in 1964. This eventually evolved into the theme park you know today - which officially opened in 1985 with its King Kong ride.
Universal Studios Hollywood - Coolest Rides
- The Fast and the Furious: Extreme Close-Up - This new attraction brings you up-close-and-personal with the coolest cars from The Fast and the Furious franchise. Find out how the crazy street-racing stunts were preformed in the movies and get ready to be dazzled by big crashes and explosions! The attraction is accompanied by a great hip hop beat to really get you in the groove.
- Revenge of the Mummy: The Ride - This Universal Studios Hollywood attraction is based around one of the world's fastest roller coasters in the world. This ride is not for the faint at heart. You'll be thrown head-on into the dark, skin-crawling world of ancient Egypt and there's no way your heart won't be beating a million miles a minute!
- Earthquake Special Effects - There aren't too many people who have experienced an earthquake that rates 8.3 on the Richter scale and lived to tell about it. With the Earthquake simulator at Universal Studios Hollywood, you get the chance to see exactly what kind of damage a natural disaster like that would cause, without actually having to risk bodily harm!
Universal Studios Hollywood - Fun Facts
- Universal Studios Hollywood is the world's largest movie studio and theme park.
- Universal Studios Hollywood is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- The theme park is also home to more than 24 restaurants, 19 movie screens and tons of crazy rides.
- The Studio Tour at Universal Studios Hollywood has taken more than 125 million people behind the scenes of some of the most action-packed movies in history!
- Looking for a way to keep cool while at Universal Studios Hollywood? Why not take a spin through Nickelodeon's Blast Zone - a waterpark where you can chill with your fave cartoon characters like SpongeBob, the Rugrats and many more!