Scrapbooking is a great way to preserve photos and mementos while expressing your creativity - and it's a lot easier than you think! Kidzworld walks you through the basics supplies and techniques of this picture-perfect craft.
C'mon Get ScrappyThe supplies you use to build your scrapbook are only limited by your imagination, but we've got a few ideas to get you started. Don't forget that a scrapbook is only as good as its content - so keep collecting cool pics, ticket stubs, valentines and anything else of sentimental value.
Five Steps to Success
1. Crop your pictures into fun shapes to show off the subject at its best. Use your creativity!
2. Mat your pictures on colored paper. Glue your picture on whatever paper you like. For an interesting look, try double-matting the picture by gluing a second, slightly larger, piece of paper to the back of the first one so it creates a cool frame effect.
3. Complete the story you're trying to tell on the page - or album - by journaling or adding brochures, postcards, ticket stubs or anything else you can think of.
4. Glue your mounted pictures onto the page. Make sure to lay everything out first - so you can play around with the look before it's all glued in.
5. Decorate the page with whatever you'd like. Add stickers, headlines, sketches, small beads or anything else you can think of. But remember, don't use anything too bulky or the album won't close!