Kw-halloween-logo-small

Make Your Own Flipbook

Flipbooks are more formally known as kineographs.
Flipbook
When making flipbooks, it's best to start with simple animations and work up to more complex ones.
Stickman
Make Your Own Flipbook - Reviewed by Kidzworld on Dec 27, 2006
( Rating: 1 Star Rating)

If you think that art projects always require a ton of supplies, you're wrong. Check out how to make your own tiny movie - with little or no cost.

If you think that getting in touch with your crafty self has to involve a huge investment in sparkles, glue and sequins - think again! Some of the coolest art is the simplest. Here's a project that will release your inner artist with minimal fuss.

What You Need:

  • Pad of paper
  • Tape
  • Markers

Step by Step

1. Reinforce the top of your pad of paper with tape so the pages won't fall out with frequent flipping.
2. Decide what you want to draw and keep it simple so it's easier to animate. Draw your first picture on the last page of the booklet.
3. To make a picture look like it's moving, you have to make it move a little each time on each page. For example, if you want to draw a stick man walking across the page, start with the figure standing legs together. In the next frame, move one leg forward a little. Keep moving the legs slowly back and forth - and the figure forwards.
4. Flip the book from back to front and - tada!- you're an animator!

  • If this craft is too low-tech for you - or if you're, like, allergic to paper - make your own online flipbook at www.benettonplay.com.

1 I think this is really entertaining.
Kidz Submit by: KAYKAYWAY
Age: 11

Related Stories:
>
>

readers voted!

Comments

ivorie

ivorie wrote:

cool
commented: Sat Jul 12, 2014

alberttong

alberttong wrote:

well, thanks for your nice sharing, I'm using such one simple yet powerful XFlip flipbo...
commented: Thu Dec 05, 2013

there are 2 more comments

Please login or register to add comments


like this article?
Sign up now to get more just like!

latest videos

F1155748104859

What's Your Fave Kind of Animation?

  • Flipbooks.
  • Computer animation
  • Clay animation.
  • Standard animation.

related stories

Random in the forums

shae508
shae508 posted in General:
OOOOOoooohhhh You had toooo.. -starts music- IM ONLY HUMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
reply less than a minute
Dragongirl134
Dragongirl134 posted in Food:
noodles, celery, and juice
reply 6 minutes
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Debating:
"-Karpov-" wrote: "WhiteIrishRose" wrote:  I mean think about it once we where all just clumps of sells, and now we are walking talking, and breathing. That's not a miracle, it's the result of natural processes that have been understood in great detail for some time now. Dude it's totally miracles. You really think SCIENCE can turn CELLS into PEOPLE???
reply 35 minutes
amazing_tiger
amazing_tiger posted in Debating:
"egyptiscool" wrote: "amazing_tiger" wrote: I know I can understand yours... I'm not completely afraid of it but I absolutely hate it except it's not because i find it gross i's just because i feel empathy for the person throwing up and i hate doing it myself it's uncomfortable  Yeah I am the same, but I hate the look of it and so do I it is so uncomfortable... I was like that last night... I ate something yesterday that me feel unwell...
reply 42 minutes
egyptiscool
egyptiscool posted in Debating:
"amazing_tiger" wrote:I know I can understand yours... I'm not completely afraid of it but I absolutely hate itexcept it's not because i find it gross i's just because i feel empathy for the person throwing up and i hate doing it myself it's uncomfortable 
reply 44 minutes

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...