Lemony Snicket Biography
Birthdate: February 28, 1970
Birthplace: San Francisco, California
Lemony Snicket has crept into the souls of millions of children around the world with his Series of Unfortunate Events. The latest and last book of the series was released on Friday, October 13, 2006 and culminated one of the most depressing stories in history. Read on to find out more about the man behind the name.
Lemony Snicket - AKA Daniel Handler
Lemony Snicket is the name that author Daniel Handler took on to write his Series of Unfortunate Events. Daniel often appears at press junkets as Lemony Snicket's handler or as Lemony Snicket himself, so it gets kind of confusing where Daniel's personality ends and Lemony's begins...
Lemony Snicket - Struggle to the Top
Before Daniel took on his Lemony Snicket pseudonym he was writing books under his given name. You might think that someone as talented as Lemony Snicket would never have trouble getting his work published, but before the Series of Unfortunate Events came along, Daniel Handler's first novel was rejected 37 times by publishers! Many thought that his material was "too dark" for teens.
Lemony Snicket - A Series of Unfortunate Events
Back in 1999, a tale too frightening was unleashed on the world. The Bad Beginning was the first of thirteen books published in the Series of Unfortunate events, with The End being released on Friday the 13th. For those of you who have yet to have the displeasure of reading these books, the series centers around three orphans, Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire, who are dealt tragedy after tragedy. Despite their miserable existence, the orphans keep on trucking to The End. The first three books, (The Bad Beginning, The Reptile Room and The Wide Window) were made into a feature film in December 2004.
Lemony Snicket - Did U Know?
- Lemony Snicket is the author and narrarator of A Series of Unfortunate Events but his connection to the Baudelaire orphans remains a mystery until The End.
- Daniel Handler, AKA Lemony Snicket, is a professional accordion player.
- Lemony Snicket often refers to a woman named Beatrice in the Series of Unfortunate Events - her true identity is revealed in the final book, The End.
- Lemony Snicket attended boarding school.
- Lemony Snicket has two siblings.
Lemony Snicket Says...
"It was darker than a pitch-black panther, covered in tar, eating licorice at the very bottom of the deepest part of the Black sea."
- The Bad Beginning Book Review
- Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Biography
- The End Book Review
- A Series of Unfortunate Events DVD Review
- More Book Reviews!