How to Tie a Scarf
Essential winter accessory
Scarves can be tied a ton of different ways!"
Scarves - A Winter Must-Have
Aside from keeping your neck warm, scarves brighten up the cold and dreary months by adding a splash of color to your outfit. The best scarves are colorful with a fun pattern like stripes, zig zags or polka dots, and have fringed tassels or pom-poms on the ends! Whether your grandmother knitted it or you bought one at the mall, make sure your scarf is long and skinny; otherwise it'll look silly when you tie it around your neck!
Scarves - Tie It This and That Way
The easiest way to wear a scarf is to drape it around your neck and flip one end around. You can also wrap it loosely around your neck a few times, or fold it in half and pull one end through. If you want to tie it, you can make a single knot or tie it into a loose necktie. There are more elaborate ways to tie a scarf, but we'll leave that to older peeps like your granny or the school librarian.
Scarves - Where to Buy 'Em
Scarves - Did U Know?
- Students in England wear academic scarves with distinctive colors that identify which university they go to.
- The world's longest scarf ever knitted by a single person measured 3,520 feet (1,073 meters).
- The world's longest scarf ever knitted by a team (there were 2,000 peeps) measured 33.74 miles (54.3 km)!
- Look Cool While Keepin' Warm!
- Stylish Tips on Layering
- Get Knitting With Klutz
- More How-Tos on Style Street!