Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish It, I Can't Keep My Opinions to Myself

Dish-It serves up advice about troubled friendships.
Advice About Friends

Dear Dish-It is here to talk about 2 things we all have troubles with: our opinions and arguments. These can be dicey, so let's read on.


Dear Dish-It,

I keep getting into arguments at school and now they're getting a bit more serious. Lots of people are my mates, but I just can't seem to keep my own opinion to myself. What should I do?
beauty1566


Dear beauty1566,

First, having an opinion means you're human. We've all got opinions, cuz we all 'think', and compare, and judge. So sounds like you think a lot, and that's a good thing. But did you know that our opinions tell the world a lot about us! They tell people we're mean, or nice, or cool, or, or, or..... Scary, huh? And it's defending our opinions that gets us into arguments!


So, now that we know you're human (jk), what do your opinions tell your mates about you? Or, what do your opinions tell 'you' about 'you'?


You say your arguments are gettin' more 'serious'. Does that mean 'mean', or more thoughtful?


And, you may have lots of mates at school now, but if your opinions are mean, and you keep dishin' them out, you won't be left with any friends by vacation time.


So what should you do? Simple - like your granny says, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."


So, ya gotta burnin' question? Need some love directions? Thinkin' 'bout stuff like depression, sex,how ya feel 'bout YOURSELF (that's called "self-esteem"), boyfriends, girlfriends, losin' old friends, bullyin' or peer pressure, but too scared to ask the parents? Don't be scared to .


Related Stories:
>
>

readers voted!

Comments

Disney_

Disney_ wrote:

Ppl luh lookin for drama c': you probs didn't do anything wrong
commented: Thu Aug 14, 2014

-ItsMona-

-ItsMona- wrote:

It's normal. Everyone does it sometimes..
commented: Thu Aug 14, 2014

MonasYou

MonasYou wrote:

I do that sometimes xD. It's normal.
commented: Thu Jul 17, 2014

there are 20 more comments

Please login or register to add comments

share with your friends


Twitter Facebook Myspace Digg


like this article?
Sign up now to get more just like!

latest videos

F1086988674453

Ever Trash-Talked a Friend?

  • No way! I would never talk about my friends behind their back.
  • Once or twice, but I try not to make a habit of it.
  • Sure, who hasn't?
  • It's usually my friends who talk trash about me.

related stories

Cinderella asks: "i have a boyfriend and his name is daniel. My best friend likes him and im afra...
worried asks: "If my boyfriend is acting weird because my mom don't like him and he knows it, wha...
I got into trouble at school and my mom said I can't go out with my boyfriend. Should I date him ...

Dear Dish-It in the forums

hugebear
hugebear posted in Style:
what color should i pick? Whatever floats your boat is what colours you should pick :)
reply about 19 hours
CherrytheSkylyn
CherrytheSkylyn posted in Style:
Huh. You learn something new everyday.
reply about 19 hours
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen posted in Style:
"CherrytheSkylyn" wrote:Why do people even get pedicures? People generally don't pay any attention to your feet, and on top of that your shoes usually cover up your toes in public. But if you must know, I think a light pink color will make for a nice accent. Because pedicures are often health related, not just for looks. It's like getting braces or something. Sometimes it's purely cosmetic, but it also improves the health of your mouth if you have problems. Except this is feet.
reply about 21 hours
InternetOwl
"sierra145" wrote: my mom beats me because she doesnt get along with my dad and then takes me to the docters and tells them i fell down the stairs or in winter i fell on ice i need help.... :bigfrown If this is true, you really need to tell someone, like child services.
reply 1 day
Missywaterdog
"sierra145" wrote:my mom beats me because she doesnt get along with my dad and then takes me to the docters and tells them i fell down the stairs or in winter i fell on ice i need help.... :bigfrown I think you need some serious help. like counselor or police.... :bigfrown :confused
reply 1 day

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...