Abigail Breslin Biography
Birthdate: April 14, 1996
Birthplace: New York, New York
New York Roots
Abigail Kathleen Breslin was born to a computer programmer dad and a stay-at-home mom in New York City. She has two older brothers, Ryan and Spencer. Spencer, who is also an actor, was discovered in a playground when he was three, and paved the way for his little sister's acting career. Abigail began making commercials when she was three and was cast as Mel Gibson's daughter in the movie Signs when she was only five.
Little Miss Oscar
After Signs, the offers came pouring in for Abby, and she went on to star in Raising Helen with Kate Hudson and The Princess Diaries 2 with Anne Hathaway. She also kept herself busy with TV appearances on Law and Order, NCIS, and The Ghost Whisperer. Her real break came when she landed the role of Olive in the film Little Miss Sunshine. The movie won two Academy Awards and Abigail was nominated for Best Supporting Actress. While she lost to Jennifer Hudson, Abigail had made her mark on Hollywood.
Box Office Gold
Abigail Breslin has been hard at work since her Sunshine success. She starred in The Santa Clause 3 with her brother Spencer, starred alongside Catherine Zeta-Jones in No Reservations, was in Definitely, Maybe with Ryan Reynolds and Rachel Weisz, and found time to film Nim's Island with Jodie Foster. Her latest flick is Kitt Kittridge: American Girl (based on the American Doll line) and she's filming My Sister's Keeper, which is due out in 2009.
Did U Know?
- Abigail used to thumb-wrestle with co-star Joaquin Phoenix between takes on the set of Signs.
- Abigail Breslin is a frequent guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
- Abigail took a stuffed monkey as her "date" to the Oscars.
- Abigail Breslin was named after former First Lady Abigail Adams.
- Abagail Breslin's brother Spencer has starred in movies like The Cat in the Hat, Santa Clause 2 & 3 and The Shaggy Dog.
Abigail Breslin Says...
"When we were at Sundance, everyone stood up and started clapping when the movie was over and I got really scared because I thought we were evacuating or something."
- Girls to Watch in 2007
- The Santa Clause 3 Movie Review
- Signs Movie Review
- More Celebrity Biographies!