Sports Venues - American Airlines Center
Without question, the American Airline Center sets the standard for modern arenas. We take a trip to the lone star state and check it out!
American Airlines Center - History
The American Airlines Center opened in 2001 and became the home for the Dallas Mavericks of the NBA and the NHL's Dallas Stars. In its five years of existence, it has hosted a number of concerts, wrestling events and college basketball games as well. The American Airlines Center co-hosted the 2006 NBA Finals, as the Mavericks faced off against the Miami Heat. In January 2007, the 55th annual NHL All-Star Game was played in the arena as well.
American Airlines Center - First Class
Owners of the American Airlines Center spared no expense when it came down to building this magnificent structure. It has won a number of awards including the "Top Dog Venue of the Year" by Tour Guide Magazine. Its signature arches and artwork throughout the arena make the American Airlines Center a first class venue. All the jumbotrons in the American Airlines Center are of HD quality. The arena is also all electronically configured. With the touch of a button, the arena will reconfigure its seating in a short period from concert seating to hockey seating.
American Airlines Center - Fit for Kings
The Mavericks' locker rooms and facilities could be easily confused with Buckingham Palace. When owner Marc Cuban took over the team, he made sure his players were treated like royalty. Each locker stall has its own flat screen TV, DVD player, Playstation, stereo system and even a shower. The players' lounge has a pool table, swimming pool and movie theater. And 30 feet below the main level of the arena, the players have their own private basketball court so they can get up some shots before the game.
American Airlines Center - Fun Facts
- American Airlines Center seats 20,000 for basketball games and 18,532 for hockey games.
- American Airlines Center has 142 luxury suites.
- American Airlines Center cost an astronomical $435 million to build.
- American Airlines Center may be the only arena to teach a class. Basketball 101 for Women is a two-hour course and dinner that is offered at the arena.
- You can order unique food such as smoked turkey legs and a catfish basket at the American Airlines Center!
- The AT&T Plaza is adjacent to the arena and is filled with shopping, restaurants and a plaza for outdoor concerts.
- Sports Venues - Chase Field
- Sports Venues - Madison Square Garden
- Dirk Nowitzki Biography
- More Sports Facts and Trivia!