How to Gain Weight the Healthy Way
Trying to get bigger? We have some eating and exercising tips that will help you gain weight the healthy way!
Gaining Weight - Exercises
To build muscle mass you have to do the right exersises. Weight training is good because it uses resistance which builds muscle mass. Make sure to consult your coaches, PE teacher or a doctor before using weights - they can be dangerous and harmful to your health if you don't use them properly or if you're too young. A good substitute for lifting weights is doing push-ups and chin-ups. While running and cardio are designed to lose weight, you still shouldn't cut it out of your exercise routine while you try to gain weight.
Gaining Weight - Nutrition
We all saw the movie Supersize Me, so if you're thinking of putting on the pounds with Big Macs and fries, forget about it! Cut out foods that are fried, like fries, chicken nuggets and fish sticks. Choose healthy alternatives like baked chicken, fish and potatoes. Here are a few quick nutrition tips for bulking up.
- Add healthy calories to your breakfast with an extra slice of whole grained toast with peanut butter.
- Eat lotsprotein such as fish, low fat meat and chicken.
- Don't forget to have three servings of vegetables every day. Green vegetables add vitamins, and potatoes and corn add calories.
- Make sure to drink healthy beverages like water, milk and fruit juices. Stay away from high sugar sodas - they add bad calories and no nutrition.
Gaining Weight - Routine
The trick is to increase the portions of your meals with some of the foods mentioned above. It's also a good idea to eat a lot of protein, 30 minutes after a workout. Once again, this will help build muscle mass. If you eat a lot of healthy food and mix it in with weight training or resistance-based exercises, you will gain good weight!
- Weight Training Tips
- Nutrition - Facts About Fat
- Quiz the Coach - I'm Sore After P.E. Class
- More Sports and Fitness Advice