x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends ff8c072dd79a91c1300f032d674241a8d64367100ffb1f25fa3f9bec4a05319f
Kidzworld Logo

Kids Arts Projects and Photo Tips

Courtesy of Klutz

Fabulous Flowers by Klutz

The authors at Klutz, like Anne Akers Johnson, are always coming up with cool ideas for craft books. This time, it’s all about making “Fabulous Flower... read more
Songs to Sing

How to Write Songs

So you want to learn how to write a song and make it big on youtube, or maybe just serenade your secret crush… or what about writing a song you can ra... read more
Mia MY Friendship Jackets

Mia MY Friendship Jackets

What do you get when you combine fashion, friendship and artwork - Mia MY Friendship Jackets! These cool fashions can be fully personalized and let yo... read more
Magic Tricks

Mastering Magic: How to Hocus Pocus

Ever dream of making people disappear, floating through the air and reading your friends' minds? Magicians fascinate us using the art of illusion. If ... read more
Raise Your Voices! National Student Banner Contest

These Kids Are Winners!

Some pretty savvy students in Canada recently won a creative contest called the Coast-to-Coast Classroom Contest. We really wanted to share their amaz... read more
Klutz

Klutz: Fashion Origami :: Review

When most people think of origami, they think of little animals and shapes. Leave it to Klutz to take care of that! With Fashion Origami, you can fold... read more
Painted Art

The Different Types of Paint

There are three main types of paints: Watercolor, Acrylics, and Oils. These paints all have different methods and have different techniques for you to... read more
Klutz: My Style Studio

Klutz: My Style Studio Review

Here’s one book you won’t regret buying. My Style Studio from Klutz lets you design and trace your very own fashions – the perfect practice for all as... read more
Homemade Valentine's Gifts

Homemade Valentine's Day Gifts

Valentine’s Day is a great time to show your loved one how you feel, but what do you do if you're broke? Don't worry, Kidzworld's got you covered with... read more
Feb 02, 2017 | 66 comments

Jacquard Tie-Dye & Fabric Art

Jacquard has created a bunch of cool ways to do tie-dye and fabric art, including some really juicy fabric markers and dye kits every color of the rai... read more

Paperoni Deluxe Studio Toy Review

Paper and fun rolled into one! That’s the motto for a new craft from Spin Master. The Paperoni Deluxe Studio offers kids who love to do arts and craft... read more

Disney Pixar’s UP: Retro Posters

Prepping for the release of the DVD/Blu-Ray version of Disney Pixar’s UP movie on November 10, 2009, eight cool new retro posters have been created. C... read more

Juicy Jack O’Lanterns: The Best Pumpkin-Carving Designs For 2009

Pumpkin carving is fun for any Halloween lover. But if you’re thinking of going with basic triangle eyes and snagged teeth – challenge yourself with s... read more

Dear Dish-It: How Should I Decorate My Locker This Year? :: Discuss It!

Decorating your school locker is a great way to express yourself. Choosing colours, themes and patterns shows what you like and how you express your c... read more

Humongous Book Of Cartooning Review

The Humongous Book Of Cartooning by Christopher Hart is full of all the tips and techniques you need to create eye-catching cartoons of just about eve... read more

posts from the General forums

jordand08
jordand08 posted in Say Anything:
Please stay on topic, if you have any more concerns you can comment either myself or kirsten. 
reply about 3 hours
jordand08
jordand08 posted in Say Anything:
"AlphaT" wrote: "jordand08" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote:Oh wow, a genuine trigger warning. Did the memes teach you nothing? First off, an actual warning. Take no action based on what you've read here without first consulting a mental health professional. Now, I have a lot of experience in mental illness. I have ADHD(Pre-DSMV), an anxiety disorder, and I've tested significant for bipolar (Pre-DSMV). My best advise is to find a therapist that you personally connect with. It's not about being comfortable, because a good therapist will challenge your thoughts, but you need to be able to accept those challenges. And to do that, you'll need a therapist that you mesh with. Aside from that, good medication can go a long way to helping you live with your mental issues. However, this isn't true for everyone, and it should be handled by a medical professional.  I'm sorry I found your comment rude. This post is not just about mental illnesses, and mental health is a universal thing that requires you to take care of yourself because you can't always see professionals because their isn't always easy access to them. Which is all clearly stated in the post. If you say something again on this post that's rude it will be reported I'm not sure what you mean by "rude". I mean, you found what I said to be rude, but you gave no reason why. If I don't know how to accommodate for your standards of rudeness, I feel like I'm doomed to repeat my trespass.  So, how exactly was I being rude? Your very first sentence. Yes its suppose  to be saracastic, but not everything has to be answered with as a joke, because some people take offense to it.
reply about 3 hours
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Say Anything:
"jordand08" wrote:"AlphaT" wrote:Oh wow, a genuine trigger warning. Did the memes teach you nothing? First off, an actual warning. Take no action based on what you've read here without first consulting a mental health professional. Now, I have a lot of experience in mental illness. I have ADHD(Pre-DSMV), an anxiety disorder, and I've tested significant for bipolar (Pre-DSMV). My best advise is to find a therapist that you personally connect with. It's not about being comfortable, because a good therapist will challenge your thoughts, but you need to be able to accept those challenges. And to do that, you'll need a therapist that you mesh with. Aside from that, good medication can go a long way to helping you live with your mental issues. However, this isn't true for everyone, and it should be handled by a medical professional.  I'm sorry I found your comment rude. This post is not just about mental illnesses, and mental health is a universal thing that requires you to take care of yourself because you can't always see professionals because their isn't always easy access to them. Which is all clearly stated in the post. If you say something again on this post that's rude it will be reported I'm not sure what you mean by "rude". I mean, you found what I said to be rude, but you gave no reason why. If I don't know how to accommodate for your standards of rudeness, I feel like I'm doomed to repeat my trespass.  So, how exactly was I being rude? 
reply about 3 hours
Kirsteeeeen
thanks for posting this Kristen. I think that it is a tough subject to talk about with other people and honestly I think it's good to talk about it in a moderate amount. Now that more pepole are being diagnosed with learning differences or some sort of other mental health disorder, I think that talking about it and informing people will only make it easier for people to feel less awkward or the odd man out. That's how I found about that I am not the only person in the room who has ADD. I'm more willing to come out and talk to people and discribe what I have to go through on a daily basis to raise awareness. School will always be hard for me so I look at my strengths to help push me forward in life.  Thank you for sharing! First of all I'd like to say I admire your bravery and I hope that things continue to improve. :) I agree, talking about it in a moderate amount is useful, as is reminding ourselves that mental health starts anybody, and that coping strategies and learning to love yourself are important no matter what, inside AND outside of a situation that would require therapy. It's also definitely helpful to know you're not the only one. And that there are so many successful people who have battled the same battles and still came out on top. Again, thank you. :)
reply about 3 hours
F1117143994843

Do You Have A Digital Camera?

  • Yes.
  • No.
  • I don't but my parents do.
  • No - I just have one of those old ones that uses film.

Latest Videos

Play Online Games