Kw-logo-smaller

Music

Alternative Rock
Looking for music that isn’t mainstream? Chat about songs and artists you won’t find on most Top 40 charts.

What's your opinion on the "Punk Goes..." series?

Posted By:
AquaGGR
AquaGGR
StarStarStarStar
What do you think of the somewhat incorrectly-named "Punk Goes..." compilation series?  

Personally, I don't like 'em.  I listened to the new "Punk Goes '90s: Volume 2" that came out, and it is just plain awful.  Especially Falling In Reverse's cover of "Gangsta's Paradise", which was nearly unlistenable and a disgrace to the original.

The only ones that I enjoyed were the "Punk Goes Metal" and the "Punk Goes '80s" ones.  They actually got bands that I liked for them, like Relient K, RX Bandits, The Aquabats, and Sugarcult.  Also, "Punk Goes Metal" was actually punk rock.

I sell propane and propane accessories

Posted By:
-Skyfall-
-Skyfall-
StarStarStarStar
Well, I don't like One Direction anymore (That much)
And I have an obsession with post-hardcore bands, like my favorite Pierce The Veil ♥
I love punk goes pop, like Just The Way You Are ~ Pierce The Veil, and F you ~ Sleeping with sirens xx c:
They make pop sound so much better, because it sucks tbh!

I'm Zoe, and I love Pierce The Veil ❄
♥ Vic, Jaime, Tony, and Mike ♥

Vic Fuentes x ♥

hehe cx

Cuties x

I love these two guys xD

Darling you

Haha, love you ~ Skyfall x

Posted By:
Iamwhoiam016 Lock
Iamwhoiam016
StarStarStarStar

"-Skyfall-" wrote:

Well, I don't like One Direction anymore (That much)

And I have an obsession with post-hardcore bands, like my favorite Pierce The Veil ♥

I love punk goes pop, like Just The Way You Are ~ Pierce The Veil, and F you ~ Sleeping with sirens xx c:

They make pop sound so much better, because it sucks tbh!
I agree smile

Check yes Juliet Are you with me? Rain is falling down on the sidewalk I won't go until you come outside Check yes Juliet Kill the limbo I'll keep tossing rocks at your window There's no turning back for us tonight
[ChorusGrin Lace up your shoes Ayo ayo Here's how we do Run baby run Don't ever look back They'll tear us apart if you give them

Posted By:
Clueless23
Clueless23
StarStarStarStar
...That some songs are unique in their own ways and what matters is what the lyrics convey.

Touche on the Falling in Reverse part though... *shudders*

Please do ignore my ability to creep people out. I'm just awesome that way.

Posted By:
Jolly-Rancher206
Jolly-Rancher206
StarStarStarStarStar
I haven't listened to all the records, but I'm not a big fan based on what I've listened to so far. I think Punk Goes Acoustic 2 is pretty bad. "Bruised" by Jack's Manneuqin and "Who I Am Hates Who I've Been" by Relient K are the only songs I can listen to. 

Posted By:
TheAverageJC
TheAverageJC
StarStarStarStarStar
The Pop Goes Punk series are terrible. Most of the bands that get featured in the series aren't very original or good to begin with so that's already a disaster and none of the bands there are Punk unless your interpretation of Punk is extremely loose. 
The creativity concerning the covers aren't unique and they're about as original as the original songs they cover. 
Yup. 

All We Love We Leave Behind

Posted By:
AquaGGR
AquaGGR
StarStarStarStar
I noticed that these compilations have really bad production values, it's like Kids Bop sound quality.

I sell propane and propane accessories

Posted By:
isthisreallife
isthisreallife
StarStarStarStar
I personally love the Punk Goes series.
No, their covers aren't always better than the original song was, but they aren't all that  bad in my opinion........

^-^

Posted By:
Standupandscream
Standupandscream
StarStar
I don't like that punk goes bit because they aren't punk but i still like the genre that they are but all the punk goes are just plain awful, leave the songs alone or at least don't make an entire album of bad covers. Especially the bands that scream alot when they do covers of pop songs it just doesnt sound right. Although i do really love the Tonight Alive cover of Little Lion Man.

bewbies :3

Posted By:
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen
StarStarStarStarStar
I like some of them, but for the most part they're kind of mediocre. 

Name

Signature

I Support Equal Rights

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Hour-of-code-tumb

Millions of Students will be doing an Hour of Code with Tynker December 8th-14th...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

latest forum posts

YEARBOOK QUOTE

ThE WoRd GaMe

Its a never ending game!

How many friends do u have here?

latest videos