Kw-logo-smaller

Sports

Baseball
If you love baseball or softball, then this is the place for you! Chat about your favorite team or let everyone know what position you play, if it's about baseball or softball this is the place for you.

A-Rod Needs To Shut Up And Play [I'm a Yankee Fan Though)

Posted By:
Bigbroncofan
Bigbroncofan
StarStarStarStarStar
Truer words were never spoken.

Rodriguez is talking himself out of New York, talking himself out of adulation, talking himself into a corner from which he will never escape, even if he hits 800 home runs.

I almost felt sorry for him last October after the Yankees were eliminated and manager Joe Torre humiliated him by batting him eighth in the final game against the Tigers.

No more. Never again.

A-Rod should be the anti-Bonds, the darling of baseball fans everywhere. But it''s not going to happen as long as he remains his soap-opera self, creating drama when there is none.

Once and for all, he needs to shut up and play.

What do you think?

What's up. o.o

Posted By:
WorldWideRisingStar Lock
WorldWideRisingStar
StarStarStarStarStar
i''m not very educated on the subject, [okay, not educated one bit) so can you tell me what is going on?

Posted By:
Bigbroncofan
Bigbroncofan
StarStarStarStarStar
It''s a do-or-die situation," Rodriguez said. "Either New York is going to kick me out of New York this year, say, ''I''ve had enough of this guy, get him the heck out of here,'' ... Or New York is going to say, "Hey, we won a world championship, you had a big year, you were a part of it and we want you back.''"

What is this, an American Idol phone-in? The choice is Rodriguez''s and Rodriguez''s alone.

No other player is insecure enough to utter such nonsense. No other player would even hint that the public''s reaction would influence his choice of teams.

Rodriguez quickly recognized the folly of his words, attempting to backtrack when speaking with Yankees beat reporters Tuesday night.

But his explanation bordered on absurd.

"You heard some of those questionsx that was an absolute dogfight for 15 minutes," Rodriguez said. "I was just basically doing the best I can. There were some pretty crazy questions. Fifteen minutes felt like an hour, being under the gun there."

What's up. o.o

Posted By:
WorldWideRisingStar Lock
WorldWideRisingStar
StarStarStarStarStar
Well, those interviews can be quite presured and tense for people, expesicaly people who don''t have any interview training or experiance. Written interviews are much easier, you can think about what you say before you say it.

Posted By:
Bigbroncofan
Bigbroncofan
StarStarStarStarStar
Well, too often he sounds dumb and stupid. A-Rod generally is available to the media. He understands the risks of his cooperation. "If you say the truth, you're a jerk," he once told me. "If you're political, you're a phony." Yet he shows none of the media savvy exhibited by his teammate, Derek Jeter, who is accommodating but as dull as Dic.k Cheney.

He needs to shut up already.

His game should do the talking.

His talking is obscuring his game.

What's up. o.o

Posted By:
WorldWideRisingStar Lock
WorldWideRisingStar
StarStarStarStarStar
You met him?

Posted By:
Bigbroncofan
Bigbroncofan
StarStarStarStarStar
A-Rod?

Yes.

What's up. o.o

Posted By:
WorldWideRisingStar Lock
WorldWideRisingStar
StarStarStarStarStar
So he is generally well-self-sustained with the media? Hmm, it seems like he is a little too friendly with the media.

Posted By:
Bigbroncofan
Bigbroncofan
StarStarStarStarStar
But A-Rod can''t stay on message. If he were a politician, he would be a handler''s worst nightmare. Surely he gets advicex from his wifex from his agent, Scott Borasx maybe even from teammates. But he''s a back-page quote waiting to happen.

A-Rod offended Derek Jeter in a 2001 article in Esquire magazine, permanently damaging their friendship. He boasted about his 6 a.m. workouts and referred to his former Rangers teammates as "24 kids" after getting traded to the Yankees in ''04.

What's up. o.o

Posted By:
WorldWideRisingStar Lock
WorldWideRisingStar
StarStarStarStarStar
Are you sure you are nine?

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Hour-of-code-tumb

Millions of Students will be doing an Hour of Code with Tynker December 8th-14th...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

latest forum posts

How Many Of Your Friends Are Online?

What/How are you feeling right now?

What/How are you feeling right now?

How Many Of Your Friends Are Online?

Help for Newibe's

new people

latest videos