Back left
Back right
Posted 5 months ago

Posted By:

Default girl

Hi! I'm a 16 year old black female in a prep boarding school. So I've been bullied about having dark, milk chocolate skin for years, and it wasn't until I left to my boarding high school when I escaped all of this. However, I've never had anyone to tell me I'm pretty, so when I get any attention from a guy, it's pretty significant. So, now back to the present. I like a guy who's being extremely complicated. So at first, I thought he liked me. A bunch of us were hanging out one night, and he would always redirect conversations to me, stand up for me if one of my friends was making fun of me (like jokingly making fun of me), he randomly came up to me twice asking for a hug, the second time picking me up and spinning me around. When we had to leave, my friend (who happens to like him too) asked him for a hug and he was like "sorry, not really a hugger," then literally comes over and hugs me that second. I know it's small, but guys don't usually treat me like this, so I was stunned. 
So we talked (on Snapchat) for some time (like 2 weeks), then all of a sudden he started ignoring me. Like I would say hey to him, and he would quickly say "hi, I'm in a rush," then go talk to some friends. I found out like a few days ago that he knew I liked him at that time, but I still just wanted to be friends because I genuinely like him as a person. I was really hurt because what I was bullied for in elementary and middle school seemed true: no one would like me because I'm black and have dark skin. So for my benefit, I stopped talking to him and trying.
Fast forward to a little less than a week ago, he snapchats me out of the blue saying, "hey, I haven't seen you today". Mind you, he was just about to start a relationship with a girl I know, but she realized she lost feelings and dumped him. So keeping this in mind, I simply say back, "yeah I've been busy." He responds "oh ok, lol" and I leave him on read. He then STILL responds about two hours later (though I left him on read) with a funny selfie. Since then, we've been snapping back and forth again, and even in public he'll compliment my lipstick or tell me he loves me (jokingly) or he hates me (jokingly), and this past weekend when my friends were making fun of me again he put his arm around me and lets me rest his head on his shoulder, and rests his on top of mine. My friends kept looking at me with faces the whole time, and every time he left for a split second my friends would tell me he's flirting and how to flirt back. When he comes back, I then tried to convince him to come to the homecoming dance, and he said he'd rather be antisocial. He playfully let me pull him a little while towards the dance, then pulled away and said he really doesn't do dances and left. He snapchats me later saying "you only wanted me to stay so that you could dance with me." I responded, "? wow you got a lot of confidence, don't you?" and he said "haha im joking, or am I" then i said, "what are you implying" and he goes "dude im just joking, or am i" and it just kept going. I never admitted that I wanted to dance with him though.
We're friends again, but I don't know if I should like him again. I don't know if he's only being flirty, and not showing actual signs of interest or wanting to progress anything, or if he's just being weird about it. I just want to be careful and not get myself hurt. What do you think?

News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity