Kw-logo-smaller

Kidzworld Help

Feedback & Suggestions
Have suggestions to make Kidzworld a better place? Got feedback? Let us know. Kidzworld loves to hear from you!

Filter Is Over-Sensitive

Posted By:
xXxD4r7hP4ndaxXx
xXxD4r7hP4ndaxXx
StarStarStar
I understand the necessity of the filter and I agree with it. I would prefer to not be exposed to foul language and conduct. However, both in the chat and in the forums it is far too sensitive.
I just finished typing a long forum post in the homework help on long-division. After I hit post I was given a message that many of my words, none of which were profane, suggestive, or otherwise, would be censored. The words were mostly math problems and the word 'approach' (for some reason) as well as the phrase 'and do'

I'm not sure what the purpose of filtering these words is, in fact it seems to be entirely harmful rather than good as now someone is hardly able to understand the answer to a question they have asked.

I run into the same problem in chat. Every time I get 'frozen' I read the rules to see whether I have violated them somehow. I don't believe that I ever have. The only explanation is that the chat filter (which usually in these cases isn't even filtering words so I have little warning of this happening) is taking my messages to be spam and the flood detection freezes me. This is never the case.

I'm not sure how to be more specific so I apologize if it seems that I am complaining rather than being constructive but this is very frustrating, especially to someone following the rules and trying to help people out here.

Filter Is Over-Sensitive

Posted By:
Gingerkissx
Gingerkissx
StarStarStarStarStar
If you find a word that is not supposed to be filtered, tell an admin (their profiles are filter-free) and they will make sure it does not get filtered again. Because there are so many words, they can't know all the words that are going to be filtered. The filter is getting better each day because users help find words that shouldn't be filtered.

Ginger|Melissa

Filter Is Over-Sensitive

Posted By:
xXxD4r7hP4ndaxXx
xXxD4r7hP4ndaxXx
StarStarStar

"Gingerkissx" wrote:

If you find a word that is not supposed to be filtered, tell an admin (their profiles are filter-free) and they will make sure it does not get filtered again. Because there are so many words, they can't know all the words that are going to be filtered. The filter is getting better each day because users help find words that shouldn't be filtered.

I can dig it but, I don't know who the admins are and it seems to be an issue with the parameters of the filter (I don't presume to know exactly how it works but I can guess) so, I figured the feedback area would be the best place to discuss it.

Filter Is Over-Sensitive

Posted By:
;Silghtly Unbroken;
;Silghtly Unbroken;
StarStarStarStarStar
James, Allen,Jordan. Those are the admins of KW.

I'm not perfect but i'm me. and if you don't like it go suck on a pinecone. K bye!skyscraper! . Join the Tech Challenge!

Filter Is Over-Sensitive

Posted By:
HangLoose Lock
HangLoose
Star
you cant even send smiley faces plus it filters things that aren't even harmful like its too strict. you cant even have a regular conversation because typical words are blocked out . this one guy cant even say his name cause its in the block list like cmon 

Filter Is Over-Sensitive

Posted By:
Lollipop@03
Lollipop@03
StarStarStarStar
I hate fliter because I try t say something and it would not let me because it was spelt WRONG!

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I am cute,
And so are you!!!!

This poem is for valentines day...if you lost a girlfriend or boyfriend on valentines day this poem is for you!!!!!

Filter Is Over-Sensitive

Posted By:
GawjussGracieex
GawjussGracieex
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
Hey, if you find a word that is blocked but isn't inappropriate, please contact one of our admins so that they can sort it out for you. Their usernames are Jordan, James and Allen. If you're typing maths, it usually will get blocked because the filter will think that you are trying to give out your phone number. 

Junior Mod
Ask me if you have any questions or need any help.

Filter Is Over-Sensitive

Posted By:
xXxD4r7hP4ndaxXx
xXxD4r7hP4ndaxXx
StarStarStar

"GawjussGracieex" wrote:

Hey, if you find a word that is blocked but isn't inappropriate, please contact one of our admins so that they can sort it out for you. Their usernames are Jordan, James and Allen. If you're typing maths, it usually will get blocked because the filter will think that you are trying to give out your ##### ######. 

So lame. Is there a way around that?

Filter Is Over-Sensitive

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez
StarStarStarStarStar

"xXxD4r7hP4ndaxXx" wrote:

I understand the necessity of the filter and I agree with it. I would prefer to not be exposed to foul language and conduct. However, both in the chat and in the forums it is far too sensitive.

I just finished typing a long forum post in the homework help on long-division. After I hit post I was given a message that many of my words, none of which were profane, suggestive, or otherwise, would be censored. The words were mostly math problems and the word 'approach' (for some reason) as well as the phrase 'and do'

I'm not sure what the purpose of filtering these words is, in fact it seems to be entirely harmful rather than good as now someone is hardly able to understand the answer to a question they have asked.

I run into the same problem in chat. Every time I get 'frozen' I read the rules to see whether I have violated them somehow. I don't believe that I ever have. The only explanation is that the chat filter (which usually in these cases isn't even filtering words so I have little warning of this happening) is taking my messages to be spam and the flood detection freezes me. This is never the case.

I'm not sure how to be more specific so I apologize if it seems that I am complaining rather than being constructive but this is very frustrating, especially to someone following the rules and trying to help people out here.

A lot of the time, long strings of numbers will get filtered out because they think people are giving out personal information. So it's hard to talk about math on here usually. 

Filter Is Over-Sensitive

Posted By:
GawjussGracieex
GawjussGracieex
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar

"xXxD4r7hP4ndaxXx" wrote:

"GawjussGracieex" wrote:

Hey, if you find a word that is blocked but isn't inappropriate, please contact one of our admins so that they can sort it out for you. Their usernames are Jordan, James and Allen. If you're typing maths, it usually will get blocked because the filter will think that you are trying to give out your ##### ######. 

So lame. Is there a way around that?

The only way I've ever seen is using O's instead of 0's, it sometimes can help.

Junior Mod
Ask me if you have any questions or need any help.

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Big_icon_(5)

Tic Tac Toe is back!

latest forum posts

We the Kidz

Profile Pic not showing

Cyber Bullying Tips and Truths

The Anatomy of a Breakup, Is it Worth the ...

SpongeBob or Victorious?

Chat

latest videos