Kw-logo-smaller

Kidzworld Help

Feedback & Suggestions
Have suggestions to make Kidzworld a better place? Got feedback? Let us know. Kidzworld loves to hear from you!

Change Forums Rule 12 & Teen Only Board

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez
StarStarStarStarStar
For those that aren't aware, Rule 12 says:

"Rule ###
##### and #######. As a safe kid and teen site we do not allow the discussion of ##### and #######.#

I definitely understand why this rule was put in place and agree that there should be a rule similar to it, however, I do not think that this rule is doing what it is designed to do right now (make Kidzworld a safe kids and teen site).#

##### and ####### are a very real problem in high schools and middle schools all over.  Prohibiting discussion of the subject also prohibits healthy and dissuading discussion. I really don't think most posts will be condoning the use of ##### or #######, I think most are going to be kids around 14-16 who are just getting into high school and are going to be facing peer pressure and want to discuss it with other teens of their age. The few posts I have seen about this fit this category pretty well with the exception of one being middle school, and unfortunately all of these were locked before anybody could provide more in-depth advice than ###### are bad".  I feel as though there might be kids out there who are going to make worse decisions than they would have had their threads been permitted to continue and someone explain the dangers more thoroughly, which is why I propose that the rule be changed to only prohibit posts specifically condoning the use of ##### or #######.#

However, this does also tie into my other idea which I know has been brought up before of a teen only board. A teen board would be a good idea because there are a lot of situations in teenage life that just aren't appropriate for people under the age of 13 or 14 but are completely appropriate for the people who they are relevant to. The topic of ##### and ####### is just one good example. The other function of the teen board is to provide a more specific audience. If I'm going to be making a thread regarding getting a driving permit, or about what movie I should take a date to I highly doubt the most helpful advice is going to come from a kid that's 11. I would rather know that anybody who might reply might have some personal experience with the same kind of situation I would be in. I think that an age minimum of 14 would be reasonable for this kind of board, and I can't imagine that it would be too difficult to implement. 

Thanks for reading. 

Posted By:
GawjussGracieex
GawjussGracieex
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
I understand your point of view and I definitely agree with it, I'm sure it would be fine as long as the Junior Mods would lock the negative forums about drugs and alcohol which may appear to promote or encourage it, if the topic is about people discouraging drugs and alcohol then it would seem fine to me.

If any readers didn't quite catch what was said due to the filter, this topic is about the discussion of drugs and alcohol and whether it should be allowed or not. smile

Junior Mod
Ask me if you have any questions or need any help.

Posted By:
hugebear
hugebear
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
I agree with Teh_Skittlez and Gracie if the topic is discouraging the taking of drugs and alcohol    then it has to be the good thing.

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy

hugebearkeep calm and hug ted

Posted By:
brunostar
brunostar
StarStarStarStarStar
that would be awesome : D

Devil TongueHangoverFrustrated NoseWink GrinCool GrinEnragedHurtAngel Wink

SPOILER
CLICK IT
I KNOW YOU WANT TO
JUST CLICK IT BEFORE I STAB YOU WITH A SPOON
DevilShoutBlushWink GrinCool TongueEmbarrassedGrinClown

Posted By:
HeyThereImJames_1559767 Lock
HeyThereImJames_1559767
StarStarStarStarStar
Agreed. It won't be too hard for the Jr Mods to moderate anyway and the 13+ forums wouldn't bother me, 10 year olds would probably sign up as a teen to get in anyway. XD

Posted By:
BTatiB
BTatiB
StarStar
 Love Hello I think you should make a fourm that everyone should access

Nice Smurf smile))

Posted By:
Baby260
Baby260
StarStarStarStarStar
Amazing(:

Posted By:
brunostar
brunostar
StarStarStarStarStar

"HeyThereImJames" wrote:

Agreed. It won't be too hard for the Jr Mods to moderate anyway and the 13+ forums wouldn't bother me, 10 year olds would probably sign up as a teen to get in anyway. XD
they should make it 12+ Tongue Out

Devil TongueHangoverFrustrated NoseWink GrinCool GrinEnragedHurtAngel Wink

SPOILER
CLICK IT
I KNOW YOU WANT TO
JUST CLICK IT BEFORE I STAB YOU WITH A SPOON
DevilShoutBlushWink GrinCool TongueEmbarrassedGrinClown

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez
StarStarStarStarStar
bump 

Posted By:
RawrSkittles=)
RawrSkittles=)
StarStarStarStarStar

"GawjussGracieex" wrote:

I understand your point of view and I definitely agree with it, I'm sure it would be fine as long as the Junior Mods would lock the negative forums about ##### and ####### which may appear to promote or encourage it, if the topic is about people discouraging ##### and ####### then it would seem fine to me.

If any readers didn't quite catch what was said due to the filter, this topic is about the discussion of ##### and ####### and whether it should be allowed or not. smile

← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Last one to say cupcake wins!

let me live

name an animal that starts with a c

LIPSTICK or EYE SHADOW!!!???

latest videos