Kw-logo-smaller

Kidzworld Help

Feedback & Suggestions
Have suggestions to make Kidzworld a better place? Got feedback? Let us know. Kidzworld loves to hear from you!

A legit suggestion...

Posted By:
GoofyGooberROCK Lock
GoofyGooberROCK
StarStarStarStar
I think that when the filter blocks out your word, it should be different, for example if you swore, then lets say it could be *****, but if you've been on one of those counting threads, but it thought it was giving your númbër out, it should be different, like ###########, just so when you're actually innocent, it doesn't look like you just cursed out the whole thread.. ;-;

Edit: the funny thing is, the filter blocked me just then, and it would look like I was cursing, yet i wasn't doing anything wrong...

i think i was a junior mod once you know

BYE EVERYONE. Big Grin

A legit suggestion...

Posted By:
TearsInTheRain Lock
TearsInTheRain
StarStarStarStar
?

Giving your ###### out is against the rules in order to protect kids' privacy, so any long string of numbers will hit it, which isn't really bad a thing. Ideally, all things that get filtered are things that ought to be filtered, there's then no reason why they should look different. Naturally, the filter is imperfect and everyone knows that and everyone has experienced their words hitting the filter unjustly and their friend's words hitting the filter, so I don't think anyone really thinks they're getting cursed at when there's a word suddenly filtered in the middle of a sentence.

You can also tell when someone is swearing based upon the rest of their writing to see if they actually are cursing at you. The word you used accented letters in in your post, for example, had it been filtered, would obviously not be taken as an insult given what you were previously discussing. 

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...

A legit suggestion...

Posted By:
Nimsajeay
Nimsajeay
StarStarStarStarStar
Good idea!  

All new users please search "Saveyou's unhelpful guide to KW", it will teach you all about what to expect. It should've gotten stickied, if you ask me.

This sentence of my sig is dedicated to Tyco (tycotickles/tycolovesyou), James (HeyThereI'mJames), and the other James (NachozRule) May they always be apart of KW.

A legit suggestion...

Posted By:
GoofyGooberROCK Lock
GoofyGooberROCK
StarStarStarStar
yes but i think you should be a sign of which rule the filter thought you broke.
because there is no reason for swearing on KW, but however I see many counting threads in the forum games sections, and people put big númbërs together, yet they have no intention to swear, it looks like they did, but if it shows they broke the "giving out númbër" rule, everyone in that thread will understand at least.
Kinda hard to explain but I hope you get what I mean.. Smile Nose

BYE EVERYONE. Big Grin

A legit suggestion...

Posted By:
GoofyGooberROCK Lock
GoofyGooberROCK
StarStarStarStar
because someone could reply with a long string of nûmbërs together, and someone could actually be cursing, it's good to know the difference.

BYE EVERYONE. Big Grin

A legit suggestion...

Posted By:
TearsInTheRain Lock
TearsInTheRain
StarStarStarStar

"GoofyGooberROCK" wrote:

because someone could reply with a long string of nûmbërs together, and someone could actually be cursing, it's good to know the difference.

Like I said, you can tell when someone is cursing at you, and when someone is replying with a long string of nûmbërs. If the thread is "post huge nûmbërs!", the thread will be that. If I ask you for your ####-phone nûmbër, even though it's against the rules, you'll reply with that. If I say "you're a ....." I'm probably not going to be calling you a bunch of numbers because we're not robots talking in binary. 

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...

A legit suggestion...

Posted By:
-Kat-
-Kat-
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
i like this idea, it'd be easier to understand, because # is the symbol for a number anyway, and most people use *** when they're swearing. :3 sooo yeah 

kat ; s i x t e e n ; england
junior mod: comment me if you need anything, i'm happy to help!

A legit suggestion...

Posted By:
GoofyGooberROCK Lock
GoofyGooberROCK
StarStarStarStar

"TearsInTheRain" wrote:

"GoofyGooberROCK" wrote:

Like I said, you can tell when someone is cursing at you, and when someone is replying with a long string of nûmbërs. If the thread is "post huge nûmbërs!", the thread will be that. If I ask you for your ####-phone nûmbër, even though it's against the rules, you'll reply with that. If I say "you're a ....." I'm probably not going to be calling you a bunch of numbers because we're not robots talking in binary. 

lol, you do get a few random people that like to just post swear words on any kind of thread, Tongue Out

i'm not saying it's completely necessary, but it would be useful. Smile Nose

BYE EVERYONE. Big Grin

A legit suggestion...

Posted By:
brunostar
brunostar
StarStarStarStarStar
i agree XD

Devil TongueHangoverFrustrated NoseWink GrinCool GrinEnragedHurtAngel Wink

DevilShoutBlushWink GrinCool TongueEmbarrassedGrinClown

A legit suggestion...

Posted By:
hugebear
hugebear
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
I agrees and I does love this suggestion and it would be awesome if the filter could do this smile xD

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy

hugebearkeep calm and hug ted

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Big_icon_(5)

Tic Tac Toe is back!

latest forum posts

How do you Talk to a boy?

That little Devil!!!

Kidzworld Radio is Here

That little Devil!!!

latest videos