Kw-logo-smaller

Kidzworld Help

Feedback & Suggestions
Have suggestions to make Kidzworld a better place? Got feedback? Let us know. Kidzworld loves to hear from you!

Chat Moderation

Posted By:
Numbuhs
Numbuhs
Star
This isn't much of a suggestion and more of feedback.
When signing up to the website, the user is promised a 'Free Moderated Chat,' and while this statement rings true in the sense of common swear words, people experiencing the chat can often come across other sorts of inappropriate language.

While I'm not trying to insist the job isn't done on this website, it seems that, at times, the moderation is not present. Whether they be busy with another section of the website, or offline entirely; the chat is then empty of any sort of law.
This presents an immediate problem, as if the word isn't immediately illegal on the site, people will use it to their advantage.

Considering this website is for children under the ages of 17, the chat contains rather graphic content that I definitely would not want in a chat for KidzWorld.
In my opinion, the chat needs to be moderated better, and if I were to give feedback on the site as a whole, that would be one of the major flaws.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Chat Moderation

Posted By:
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen
StarStarStarStarStar
I have to agree, there have been times on chat that I've just left because there's no real moderation being done and the chat gets out of hand while no one's there.
It's a great feature and the moderators do an amazing job while they're on, but when they're not it all goes crazy, at no fault of their own. It's the parents of the kids, not teaching them how to be civil online. Frustrated

Name

Signature

Chat Moderation

Posted By:
Nimsajeay
Nimsajeay
StarStarStarStarStar
I definitely agree.  And I've seen quite a few swear words in chat that have not been blocked, as well as so many kids trying to date.  And honestly, I would not recommend this site right now to a nine year-old.  There are some features on here that appear to be for kids, but really, the content is not always the best for young viewers.  Don't they also put on this site somewhere (I forget where but I've read it somewhere on here) that it's a fully moderated chat, and that this place is for 9-14?  

All new users please search "Saveyou's unhelpful guide to KW", it will teach you all about what to expect. It should've gotten stickied, if you ask me.

This sentence of my sig is dedicated to Tyco (tycotickles/tycolovesyou), James (HeyThereI'mJames), and the other James (NachozRule) May they always be apart of KW.

Chat Moderation

Posted By:
Numbuhs
Numbuhs
Star

"Nimsajeay" wrote:

I definitely agree.  And I've seen quite a few swear words in chat that have not been blocked, as well as so many kids trying to date.

You bring up and interesting point about many kids trying to 'date' each other in the chat-room. While I know that this is just often kids trying to seem cool; it seems as if a lot of users are using fake images and fake profiles.
Now while I know that you can never know exactly who you are talking to online, it seems as if a simple solution is to eliminate this possibility of dating in the chat-room and any part of the site; to eliminate the chance of any predators, and I do use that term seriously.

Chat Moderation

Posted By:
Nimsajeay
Nimsajeay
StarStarStarStarStar

"Numbuhs" wrote:

"Nimsajeay" wrote:

I definitely agree.  And I've seen quite a few swear words in chat that have not been blocked, as well as so many kids trying to date.

You bring up and interesting point about many kids trying to 'date' each other in the chat-room. While I know that this is just often kids trying to seem cool; it seems as if a lot of users are using fake images and fake profiles.
Now while I know that you can never know exactly who you are talking to online, it seems as if a simple solution is to eliminate this possibility of dating in the chat-room and any part of the site; to eliminate the chance of any predators, and I do use that term seriously.

1.  There's no way of eliminating all predators.  2.  There's always going to be fake images and fake profiles. 

All new users please search "Saveyou's unhelpful guide to KW", it will teach you all about what to expect. It should've gotten stickied, if you ask me.

This sentence of my sig is dedicated to Tyco (tycotickles/tycolovesyou), James (HeyThereI'mJames), and the other James (NachozRule) May they always be apart of KW.

Chat Moderation

Posted By:
Numbuhs
Numbuhs
Star

"Nimsajeay" wrote:

1.  There's no way of eliminating all predators.  2.  There's always going to be fake images and fake profiles. 

But by eliminating dating in a chat-room, should not include dating is a good start.
I guess it is all included in what the first post mentioned, in that the chat-room in it's current state is not being moderated as well as it should.

Chat Moderation

Posted By:
Jordan
Jordan
Admin
StarStarStarStar
Thank you for your feedback.  Even though you cannot always see a human chat moderator in chat, it is still be moderated 24/7.  If you see words getting past the filter please bring this to my attention.  Kids always come up with a new way to spell a swear word, so it is our job to update the filter and warn or penalize the user who is abusing the rules. Also giving me the user names help me track down, how and why it got past the filter.

I am always around to help in any way I can. So please comment me directly will all moderation and filter issues/questions. Or any other questions you might have.

I'm Jordan, the Manager at KW! Please let me know if you ever need help or have any questions.

Chat Moderation

Posted By:
brunostar
brunostar
StarStarStarStarStar
chat has a filter, so instead of chat closing at night, it can stay open 24-7.. before they added the filter it would close at the same time every night, because the mods can't be online 24-7, as they say no the filter isn`t "perfect" nothing is perfect, they're working on it trying to make the site better, and yes there is a lot of online dating, but they really can't fully stop it..they try there best to.. i know they do, when the mods are offline they really can't do anything about it.. the filter can't do that part.. and they try to block off all inappropriate things but users find ways around it, which other users need to be reporting that to the admins so they can work on fixing it.. and also in comment's they added the filter so users didn't have to wait up to 6 hours for the mods to approve or reject their comments because they do have other things to do on the site.... o: 

Devil TongueHangoverFrustrated NoseWink GrinCool GrinEnragedHurtAngel Wink

DevilShoutBlushWink GrinCool TongueEmbarrassedGrinClown

Chat Moderation

Posted By:
Jordan
Jordan
Admin
StarStarStarStar

Another thing I should add - is that users are being profiled on the back end which you can't see.  So all of those kids trying to online date, for example, are being tallied on the back end which add up and they will then get warned, frozen, or banned accordingly.

So just because you don't see something blocked does not mean it isn't being handled. 

With that being said, please still bring un-blocked words to my attention so I can deal with them.

I'm Jordan, the Manager at KW! Please let me know if you ever need help or have any questions.

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Girl Names That Mean Sorrow or Darkness

We the Kidz

The Related Game!

the not impossible

What song is stuck in your head?

What song is stuck in your head?

latest videos