Kw-halloween-logo-small

Kidzworld Help

Feedback & Suggestions
Have suggestions to make Kidzworld a better place? Got feedback? Let us know. Kidzworld loves to hear from you!

Bad Ad

Posted By:
nascarawesome
nascarawesome
StarStarStarStarStar
It seems to me that an ad is running KW that could be causing issues for everyone. The ad is specifically targeting kids by with the Private Messaging picture with a little (1) by it. When you click it, it directs to an off-site link saying you have to download something to see your private messages, which I know is a lie. It feels like it could someone putting a virus inside that program and infecting computers. Tell me if I am wrong mods or jr. mods.

Hello. I am Zack. What do you want to know about me? I'm just a regular old user who isn't quite active anymore. If you see this either I am on a visit or back for good.

Bad Ad

Posted By:
Nimsajeay
Nimsajeay
StarStarStarStarStar
Sounds legit.  To quote every mod, admin, or jr. mod that will ever post on here, "Comment Jordan."  Annoying, but I don't want this thread to get locked. as it's a good warning.

All new users please search "Saveyou's unhelpful guide to KW", it will teach you all about what to expect. It should've gotten stickied, if you ask me.

This sentence of my sig is dedicated to Tyco (tycotickles/tycolovesyou), James (HeyThereI'mJames), and the other James (NachozRule) May they always be apart of KW.

Bad Ad

Posted By:
James
James
Admin
StarStarStarStarStar

"nascarawesome" wrote:

It seems to me that an ad is running KW that could be causing issues for everyone. The ad is specifically targeting kids by with the Private Messaging picture with a little (1) by it. When you click it, it directs to an off-site link saying you have to download something to see your private messages, which I know is a lie. It feels like it could someone putting a virus inside that program and infecting computers. Tell me if I am wrong mods or jr. mods.

This is not a KW ad, it sounds like you have a virus or a bad cookie attached to you browser.

Make sure you clear your browser data and cookies and make sure your anti virus is up to date and running.  

Bad Ad

Posted By:
Bloody Wings Lock
Bloody Wings
StarStarStarStar
ads which are shown here are based on countries  or the content u searched in your browser recently and there are some ads like play here they are totally for kids for playing games if u by any chance see strange ads like u have won etc then u might have installed a plugin in your browser check it in your settings and disable the plugin.
i hope it helps

Bad Ad

Posted By:
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen
StarStarStarStarStar
I used to get that ad too. On my phone especially when I first got it (so obviously it wasn't a virus.)
Currently I just see a lego ad, Scotland ad, and an animation and gaming school ad.

Name

Signature

I Support Equal Rights

Bad Ad

Posted By:
Boysrock50
Boysrock50
StarStarStarStarStar
Its not a virus, viruses are on your computer, not internet and cookies store data, you can't get a bad cookie.
Its an advert on the internet.

If your on a computer all you need is AdBlock, an add-on that blocks ads on your browser. 

Unfortunately apple products like iPad, iPhone, etc can't get adblock but they generally filter most ads, not all!

Arctic Monkeys!!

GTA V IS EPIC!

EVERYBODY DO THE FLOP!!

Surely waiting for a waiter to bring your food makes you the waiter?? O.O

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."

"As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it."

"Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?"

Gtr

Fun times in the forums

Bad Ad

Posted By:
mustachepuppy
mustachepuppy
StarStarStarStar

"Boysrock50" wrote:

Its not a virus, viruses are on your computer, not internet and cookies store data, you can't get a bad cookie.

If your on a computer all you need is AdBlock, an add-on that blocks ads on your browser. 

Unfortunately apple products like iPad, iPhone, etc can't get adblock but they generally filter most ads, not all!
its an ad that leads to a virus.  People set up fake ads to download stuff, then it leads to very bad viruses which screw up your whole computer, so don't click them!!  I know this becuz my stepmom works at staples, and deals with this stuff a lot.  she fixed my laptop.

Be the different one in life. Remember, normal is boring! Enjoy being the odd one out!

Bad Ad

Posted By:
Boysrock50
Boysrock50
StarStarStarStarStar

"mustachepuppy" wrote:

"Boysrock50" wrote:

its an ad that leads to a virus.  People set up fake ads to download stuff, then it leads to very bad viruses which screw up your whole computer, so don't click them!!  I know this becuz my stepmom works at staples, and deals with this stuff a lot.  she fixed my laptop.
yeah I know, of course it will give you a virus (unless u have anti-virus) I was saying that the actual thing isn't a virus so no need to worry, just get AdBlock to block ads.

Arctic Monkeys!!

GTA V IS EPIC!

EVERYBODY DO THE FLOP!!

Surely waiting for a waiter to bring your food makes you the waiter?? O.O

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."

"As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it."

"Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?"

Gtr

Fun times in the forums

Bad Ad

Posted By:
-BlueSkies-
-BlueSkies-
StarStarStarStar
I used to get a notification thing that said i had an unread private message.
It never really took me to a different website though Frustrated

Bad Ad

Posted By:
mustachepuppy
mustachepuppy
StarStarStarStar

"Boysrock50" wrote:

"mustachepuppy" wrote:

"Boysrock50" wrote:

yeah I know, of course it will give you a virus (unless u have anti-virus) I was saying that the actual thing isn't a virus so no need to worry, just get AdBlock to block ads.
    I know u were saying that I was saying the download type give the worse, and most r fake, so don't download it, unless you know for sure its real

Be the different one in life. Remember, normal is boring! Enjoy being the odd one out!

← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

The Box Pt.2

chicken vs.beef

chicken vs.beef

Should women have higher societal roles?

What Are You Listening To Right Now - 2014

chicken vs.beef

latest videos