Kw-halloween-logo-small

Music

Dance and Electronic
Chat about dance and electronic music. From techno and house to dance and dub-step, find it all here.

What's Synthop?

Posted By:
3xodus
3xodus
Star
Synthop is a sub genre of electronic music. It's a combination of popular music and electronic music. Except, the singer is replaced by a synthesizer, and there are no lyrics. As an example, search for Path to Nowhere by Anvil. It's one of the best songs I've ever heard before.
So, this discussion is about a genre of music that is not very well known anymore. Whether you like it or not, that is your decision. 
Smile Nose,
eXOdus 

What's Synthop?

Posted By:
TheAverageJC
TheAverageJC
StarStarStarStarStar
I've been wanting to gt into Synthpop for a while now. Any recommendations for someone new to the genre?

All We Love We Leave Behind

What's Synthop?

Posted By:
not_raph
not_raph
StarStarStarStar
>the singer is replaced by a synthesizer

lmao

do you know who Brigitte is?

oh, and I suppose Duran Duran isn't synthpop anymore.

I am a timeless chorus.
Join your voice with mine,
and sing victory everlasting.

What's Synthop?

Posted By:
3xodus
3xodus
Star
The artists I listen to the most are Anvil and Elwood. They make some of the best synthpop, and my favorite synthpop songs are Path to Nowhere and The Love Trap, both by Anvil. Elwood's best song in my opinion is Dead Lock. It's a super happy song, but it still sounds awesome. Anvil and Elwood were tracker musicians (they used a multitracker, or just tracker, called FastTracker II).  Their music is in the  FT II eXtended Module format (XM). You need VLC media player or xm play to play their songs, unless you search for them on YouTube. 

What's Synthop?

Posted By:
3xodus
3xodus
Star
@ Not_raph: I'm talking about demoscene synthpop, the music that demo groups would use in their demos. To be more specific, I am talking mostly about synthpop artists that use the module format, a type of sequenced music. That means almost completely done on the computer. I don't like all synthpop, I mainly like tracker musicians'. This is because I am a tracker musician.

What's Synthop?

Posted By:
3xodus
3xodus
Star

"not_raph" wrote:

lmao

"not_raph" wrote:

lmao

You can help me by listing more artists and not making rude or sarcastic comments. And by learning more about the history of computer sequenced electronic music, which dates all the way back to the late 1980s with arcade games and eventually Ultimate Soundtracker on the Commodore Amiga. That legacy still exists...

The report button is within reach...
For What, you ponder?
"Ha, Ha, lmao."
You just used an inappropriate chat speak.

Did you even listen to the song I suggested?

What's Synthop?

Posted By:
not_raph
not_raph
StarStarStarStar
I'm not in the mood to discuss genre semantics, but track musicians and demosceners shouldn't really fall into the classification of "synthpop" simply because they exclusively use synthesizers, track modules and sequencers in ther music.

They could be producing gabber, chiptunes, electroclash or even hardcore techno.

edit:

And jesus Tapdanciing Christ, you're one huge crybaby. Why don't you go back in your closet and cry some more, you baby?

I am a timeless chorus.
Join your voice with mine,
and sing victory everlasting.

What's Synthop?

Posted By:
3xodus
3xodus
Star

"not_raph" wrote:

I'm not in the mood to discuss genre semantics, but track musicians and demosceners shouldn't really fall into the classification of "synthpop" simply because they exclusively use synthesizers, track modules and sequencers in ther music.

They could be producing gabber, chiptunes, electroclash or even hardcore techno.

edit:

And jesus Tapdanciing Christ, you're one huge crybaby. Why don't you go back in your closet and cry some more, you baby?

Somebody needs to be the crybaby in this situation. When dealing with full blown atomic jerks, the best thing to do is to just deal with the insults. It saves you from being a counter jerk and embarassing yourself, and instead, the jerk is the one throwing their pride out the window. No morally correct person would insult a person twice after the person asked you to stop. Wait... I can't tell, are you immoral, or amoral?

Now please stop ruining my discussion. I know I wasn't clear in the beginning, but you didn't have to make a fool of yourself. Now run along child. 
I can be a crybaby if I fluffing please!

You misunderstood me again, btw. I know that synthpop is its own genre of music, and that trackers can make any genre of music that they feel like. I am talking about the synthpop songs that trackers do make. I am a tracker and I make chip tune songs, so I already knew what you just told me.

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

How Would You Describe You Personality Wit...

ThE WoRd GaMe

Pixeled has returned. But not forever???

Its a never ending game!

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

Give me the color of ur Shirt now:)

latest videos