Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Should Old Poets Be Remembered and Acknowledged?

Posted By:
poetrychick
poetrychick
StarStar
Okay so this is the new generation of poets! People post new things and things get more sorrowful as the world does, Saying that we grow with poetry.

Should old poets ( William Shakespeare, Edmund Vance Cooke... etc?) be forgotten?

When someone dies....

....A new life begins

Posted By:
-Zachary- Lock
-Zachary-
StarStarStarStar
No (to your question in the post). It's important to remember our history and draw from it to create a brighter tomorrow, and writing is essential for doing that. 

“Mutual caring relationships require kindness and patience, tolerance, optimism, joy in the other's achievements, confidence in oneself, and the ability to give without undue thought of gain.”

Posted By:
iamalive
iamalive
StarStarStarStarStar
No. They don't really DO anything to this world, y'know? It's people like scientists who should be remembered and acknowledged, because they discover amazing things, and educate us all. Poets...eh they just write a few stanzas of rhyming words

Posted By:
-Zachary- Lock
-Zachary-
StarStarStarStar

"iamalive" wrote:

No. They don't really DO anything to this world, y'know? It's people like scientists who should be remembered and acknowledged, because they discover amazing things, and educate us all. Poets...eh they just write a few stanzas of rhyming words

They're not mutually exclusive

and poetry has very little to do with rhyming. 

“Mutual caring relationships require kindness and patience, tolerance, optimism, joy in the other's achievements, confidence in oneself, and the ability to give without undue thought of gain.”

Posted By:
iamalive
iamalive
StarStarStarStarStar
Yes, I know. It's just that a lot of poems do rhyme.

Posted By:
Super-Girl16
Super-Girl16
StarStarStarStarStar
Definitel, old poets should be remembered.  After all, they were the ones who brought up the real enchantment of poetry. The new generation ones are just adding on.

Window snap.

Let the storm rage on.♥

Posted By:
pewdiepierocks
pewdiepierocks
Star
Of course old poets should be remembered! They were the people who built the world of poetry. Poetry is life!

Derp

Posted By:
prppydawg294
prppydawg294
StarStarStarStarStar

"iamalive" wrote:

Dude. Just.... dude. I'm a poet! Anyways, I think that old poets should be remembered. They deserve it.

"I love how I see a zombie coming towards me and it doesn't faze me too much, but I see a flash of light and freak out."
~Simon from The Yogscast

¡ʇɐɥʇ ǝʞıן uʍop ǝpısdn ʎuunɟ ʞooן no⅄ ¡ɥɐ

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

_thumb_100x100

We have all played the famous game Sudoku, now play it online with this Classic ...

latest forum posts

Justin Bieber or Justin Timberlake?

Rate The Profile Pic Above You.

Justin Bieber or Justin Timberlake?

How Long Were You On KW Today?