Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Does anybody else think that posting images of yourself on message boards is dangerous?

Posted By:
saveyou
saveyou
Member since:
December, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 1284
I haven't been here for more than 2 hours, And I've noticed kids post pictures of themselves. Does anybody else in this world think that this is dangerous?



Quotes!
SPOILER


Does anybody else think that posting images of yourself on message boards is dangerous?

Posted By:
Nimsajeay
Nimsajeay
Member since:
May, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 5104
It's not that dangerous, but I don't do it and I don't recommend it.  

All new users please search "Saveyou's unhelpful guide to KW", it will teach you all about what to expect. It should've gotten stickied, if you ask me.

This sentence of my sig is dedicated to Tyco (tycotickles/tycolovesyou), James (HeyThereI'mJames), and the other James (NachozRule) May they always be apart of KW.


Does anybody else think that posting images of yourself on message boards is dangerous?

Posted By:
saveyou
saveyou
Member since:
December, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 1284
It seemed like an appropiate place to put it. Knowing that people will most probably argue on this thread.


Quotes!
SPOILER


Does anybody else think that posting images of yourself on message boards is dangerous?

Posted By:
Nimsajeay
Nimsajeay
Member since:
May, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 5104

"saveyou" wrote:

It seemed like an appropiate place to put it. Knowing that people will most probably argue with you on this thread. Yeah, I guess so, but you are saying "who agrees?" not "What do you think?", and plus, the debate section is normally for stuff that has hard-core facts.  I not might be right, though.

All new users please search "Saveyou's unhelpful guide to KW", it will teach you all about what to expect. It should've gotten stickied, if you ask me.

This sentence of my sig is dedicated to Tyco (tycotickles/tycolovesyou), James (HeyThereI'mJames), and the other James (NachozRule) May they always be apart of KW.


Does anybody else think that posting images of yourself on message boards is dangerous?

Posted By:
saveyou
saveyou
Member since:
December, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 1284
Well that was a wrong choice of words, so I guess that's true. And I've been browsing and the fact that "Girlz vs Boyz" is a thread means that you really don't need facts, just opinions.


Quotes!
SPOILER


Does anybody else think that posting images of yourself on message boards is dangerous?

Posted By:
Nimsajeay
Nimsajeay
Member since:
May, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 5104

"saveyou" wrote:

Well that was a wrong choice of words, so I guess that's true. And I've been browsing and the fact that "Girlz vs Boyz" is a thread means that you really don't need facts, just opinions.

Yeah, but not all threads in "Debate" is like that.  And by the way, If I seem rude, I'm completely sorry as I'm not trying to sound that way.

All new users please search "Saveyou's unhelpful guide to KW", it will teach you all about what to expect. It should've gotten stickied, if you ask me.

This sentence of my sig is dedicated to Tyco (tycotickles/tycolovesyou), James (HeyThereI'mJames), and the other James (NachozRule) May they always be apart of KW.


Does anybody else think that posting images of yourself on message boards is dangerous?

Posted By:
onlyindarkness
onlyindarkness
Member since:
December, 2011
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 6358
It can be unsafe, but only if you abuse it. Taking pictures in public places which can be defined, not such a good idea. But there's billions of people in the world, and as long as you don't give out too much information you're probably fine. I've been on here for little over a year and people that know me know a couple things - my birthday, age, name, state, and face.

let

i use my hair to express myself


Does anybody else think that posting images of yourself on message boards is dangerous?

Posted By:
saveyou
saveyou
Member since:
December, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 1284

"onlyindarkness" wrote:

It can be unsafe, but only if you abuse it. Taking pictures in public places which can be defined, not such a good idea. But there's billions of people in the world, and as long as you don't give out too much information you're probably fine. I've been on here for little over a year and people that know me know a couple things - my birthday, age, name, state, and face.

Of course, there are other dangers:
Lets say Becky posts an inappropiate picture. Her friend Melinda posts it on another board., so then Melinda's friend, Miley, (Being the good sport she is) Sends it to all her friends. Now a bunch of people have seen that picture.


Quotes!
SPOILER


Does anybody else think that posting images of yourself on message boards is dangerous?

Posted By:
onlyindarkness
onlyindarkness
Member since:
December, 2011
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 6358

"saveyou" wrote:


"

onlyindarkness" wrote:


It can be unsafe, but only if you abuse it. Taking pictures in public places which can be defined, not such a good idea. But there's billions of people in the world, and as long as you don't give out too much information you're probably fine. I've been on here for little over a year and people that know me know a couple things - my birthday, age, name, state, and face.

Of course, there are other dangers:
Lets say Becky posts an inappropiate picture. Her friend Melinda posts it on another board., so then Melinda's friend, Miley, (Being the good sport she is) Sends it to all her friends. Now a bunch of people have seen that picture.

I know what you mean, but that kind of thing doesn't happen on KW. Before pictures make it onto the site, they have to be approved by the moderators, just like board posts, blogs, comments, videos, the like.

let

i use my hair to express myself


Does anybody else think that posting images of yourself on message boards is dangerous?

Posted By:
saveyou
saveyou
Member since:
December, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 1284

"onlyindarkness" wrote:


"saveyou" wrote:





"



onlyindarkness" wrote:




It can be unsafe, but only if you abuse it. Taking pictures in public places which can be defined, not such a good idea. But there's billions of people in the world, and as long as you don't give out too much information you're probably fine. I've been on here for little over a year and people that know me know a couple things - my birthday, age, name, state, and face.



Of course, there are other dangers:

Lets say Becky posts an inappropiate picture. Her friend Melinda posts it on another board., so then Melinda's friend, Miley, (Being the good sport she is) Sends it to all her friends. Now a bunch of people have seen that picture.



I know what you mean, but that kind of thing doesn't happen on KW. Before pictures make it onto the site, they have to be approved by the moderators, just like board posts, blogs, comments, videos, the like.

Okay, But let's say Miley sends out a perfectly OK picture to complete strangers, and she includes info about Becky. A stranger (Let's call him Bob) would be able to use that info in order to find Becky. 


Quotes!
SPOILER


← Previous 1 3 4

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

CARTOON

Have you ever had a crush on a cartoon cha...

The Million Pages Thread

Have you ever had a crush on a cartoon cha...

CARTOON

CARTOON

latest videos