Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Does anybody else think that posting images of yourself on message boards is dangerous?

Posted By:
onlyindarkness
onlyindarkness
StarStarStarStarStar
You can't post personal information, and even if it applies to someone else I don't that their going to post it. When I post character pictures for roleplays, I have to specify "RP Character" or they never accept them.

let

i use my hair to express myself

Does anybody else think that posting images of yourself on message boards is dangerous?

Posted By:
Gingerkissx
Gingerkissx
StarStarStarStarStar
I think kids should learn about internet safety before they start going on the internet.
or posting images of themselves, personal info or whatever.

Ginger|Melissa

Posted By:
Asdenoah
Asdenoah
StarStarStarStar
It's not that dangerous but I've only done that once and don't really plan on doing it again in the future.. on a side note, i've been getting lots of compliments on my face! ^^ well, at least at school but some people on kw think i'm pretty! ^^

R.I.P. Rikki Tanaka.
1/1/96 - 10/3/13
♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

Posted By:
saveyou
saveyou
StarStarStarStarStar

"onlyindarkness" wrote:

You can't post personal information, and even if it applies to someone else I don't that their going to post it. When I post character pictures for roleplays, I have to specify "RP Character" or they never accept them.
Okay, this is the story so far.
Becky posts a picture of herself that is okay.
Melinda saves, then posts on a totally different forum, along with info about Becky.
Miley sends it (via electronic mailing to strangers all over the world
Bob gets it, then sets out to find Becky.
No where did I state that the personal info was posted on Kidz world.

Quotes!
SPOILER

Posted By:
onlyindarkness
onlyindarkness
StarStarStarStarStar
saveyou: I only know three people in real life that have ever site. Two of my cousins (one who showed me last winter) and a friend from my old church. Most people on here don't know anyone else on here from RL. How are they going to take the picture and info (which they don't have) and send it out into the rest of the online world? Kids can't post personal info. I feel like what you're saying, indirectly of course, is that no one should use the internet because it's unsafe. because if you have no personal info or identification of yourself online there's no reason to use it, right?

let

i use my hair to express myself

Posted By:
Kagamine(=^.^=)Rin
Kagamine(=^.^=)Rin
StarStarStarStarStar
About safety,on KW you're pretty safe, I reckon. On other boards, I couldn't tell you.
Another thing to worry about is plagiarism. In a lot of cases I've posted pictures of myself only to find out months later that someone else has my pictures as themselves on their profiles. I'm not sure how you can stop that, I think that other people can get your image from other sites, and use them here.

Posted By:
GawjussGracieex
GawjussGracieex
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar

"saveyou" wrote:

"onlyindarkness" wrote:

"saveyou" wrote:

"

onlyindarkness" wrote:

It can be unsafe, but only if you abuse it. Taking pictures in public places which can be defined, not such a good idea. But there's billions of people in the world, and as long as you don't give out too much information you're probably fine. I've been on here for little over a year and people that know me know a couple things - my birthday, age, name, state, and face.

Of course, there are other dangers:

Lets say Becky posts an inappropiate picture. Her friend Melinda posts it on another board., so then Melinda's friend, Miley, (Being the good sport she is) Sends it to all her friends. Now a bunch of people have seen that picture.

I know what you mean, but that kind of thing doesn't happen on KW. Before pictures make it onto the site, they have to be approved by the moderators, just like board posts, blogs, comments, videos, the like.

Okay, But let's say Miley sends out a perfectly OK picture to complete strangers, and she includes info about Becky. A stranger (Let's call him Bob) would be able to use that info in order to find Becky. 

That would then be Miley's fault. However that situation is very unlikely as we have very strong filters here and it's very hard to give out your personal information as the filters are designed to stop you from doing that. The majority of the users are aware of the rules and understand the consequences of what will happen if they evade them. Also, all users on this site are below the age of 18, I can't imagine a person below 18 actually going out and finding Becky. 

Junior Mod
Ask me if you have any questions or need any help.

Posted By:
rocky7858
rocky7858
StarStarStar
I agree with you I think that posting stuff on the internet is very dangerous because you never NO what can happen 

Rocky- xoxo

Posted By:
cute_amy18
cute_amy18
StarStar
yup. u'r right

Love Myself

Posted By:
Pink_Kitty
Pink_Kitty
StarStarStarStarStar
Its not dangerous if there is nothing to say who you are or where you live.

I am Alyssa

My picture is in my profile.

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Big_icon_(5)

Tic Tac Toe is back!

latest forum posts

What month were you born in? x3

how many languages do you know?

Give me the color of ur Shirt now:)

Give me the color of ur Shirt now:)

If you had a choice. Would you use Windows...

Doraemon vs Shinchan

latest videos