Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Should Gay Marriages Be Legal ?

Posted By:
-FieldOfInnocence
-FieldOfInnocence
StarStarStar

"-Zachary-" wrote:

Don't you understand that is church and state is seperate though?

Except it isn't. You might think it is, and a lot of people might say that it is, but it isn't. Many laws are made simply to combat things that are viewed as sinful, rather than things that are actually bad. 
Actually it is because no one said you had to be christian, jewish, mormon, atheist, etc.  That is simply why we have the choice-freedom of religion. For instance, astrology is a sin. There isn't a law saying that if you are into astrology, you go to jail. So, think about it. Isn't church and state seperate?

Posted By:
-Allie-
-Allie-
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
There is separation of church and state, what he's saying is the lawmakers who make laws still use religion based votes. Just like there is a law against jaywalking, people do it anyway.

Arguing is a waste of time.

Posted By:
-Zachary- Lock
-Zachary-
StarStarStarStar

because no one said you had to be christian, jewish, mormon, atheist, etc.  That is simply why we have the choice-freedom of religion.

No part of this has anything to do with separation of church and state.

So, think about it. Isn't church and state seperate?

Again, no. Especially not with creationism being mandatory to teach in schools alongside evolution. A certain mind-altering plant is illegal because it is sinful to use recreationally. Porstitution is illegal for the same reason. Homosexuality is a sin in the bible, and gay marriage is illegal in the US. It's not separate. 

“Mutual caring relationships require kindness and patience, tolerance, optimism, joy in the other's achievements, confidence in oneself, and the ability to give without undue thought of gain.”

Posted By:
-FieldOfInnocence
-FieldOfInnocence
StarStarStar

"-Allie-" wrote:

There is separation of church and state, what he's saying is the lawmakers who make laws still use religion in their voting rights. Just like there is a law against jaywalking, people do it anyway.
All I'm going to say is that the things like stealing, stuff he is probably referring to are commandments which were made a lot earlier then laws. Just saying, technically law people didn't make "laws" like that; they were here since before B.C.

Posted By:
-Zachary- Lock
-Zachary-
StarStarStarStar
commandments which were made a lot earlier then laws.

Huh?

Code of Hammurabi was made around 1800 BC. The Ten Commandments would not come for some time after that. 

“Mutual caring relationships require kindness and patience, tolerance, optimism, joy in the other's achievements, confidence in oneself, and the ability to give without undue thought of gain.”

Posted By:
-FieldOfInnocence
-FieldOfInnocence
StarStarStar

"-Zachary-" wrote:

because no one said you had to be christian, jewish, mormon, atheist, etc.  That is simply why we have the choice-freedom of religion.

No part of this has anything to do with separation of church and state.

So, think about it. Isn't church and state seperate?

Again, no. Especially not with creationism being mandatory to teach in schools alongside evolution. A certain mind-altering plant is illegal because it is sinful to use recreationally. Porstitution is illegal for the same reason. Homosexuality is a sin in the bible, and gay marriage is illegal in the US. It's not separate. 
Actually that does have to do with seperation of church and state. If the law said you had to be christian, that is part of the church and state. So, you see church and state is seperate. Case closed.

Posted By:
-Allie-
-Allie-
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
LOL some of the commandments are common sense tho. Thou shalt not steal, kill, bear false witness blah blah THOSE ARE LAWS TODAY and need to be. And yes, laws were inacted to ensure they were descouraged and punished. Of course honor thy mother and father aren't, atho I see no need I'm surprised religions arent harping on that gem. Zachary and myself are FOR gay marriage. He just wanted to clarrify your stance which isnt a good argument. Wink

Arguing is a waste of time.

Posted By:
kendaall;
kendaall;
StarStarStar
all i have to say is yes. everyone should be able to marry whom they choose, and if anyone has a problem with that then they need to get over their selves. it's not their relationship, it's someone else's. so why should it matter?  

"I think we must..take on the world.
Let's go crazy, love will tell us where to go.
I'll be your girl, be my baby.
Love will tell us where to go."

Posted By:
-Zachary- Lock
-Zachary-
StarStarStarStar
Actually that does have to do with seperation of church and state. If the law said you had to be christian, that is part of the church and state.

Not having separation of church and state doesn't necessarily mean you have to believe in a certain religion. Separation of church and state is simply keeping religion separate from the government, nothing more. 

Posted By:
-Jamehhhh.-
-Jamehhhh.-
Star
Yes. They should.

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

_thumb_100x100

We have all played the famous game Sudoku, now play it online with this Classic ...

latest forum posts

I thought we just friend...

speak about the above user