Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Should Gay Marriages Be Legal ?

Posted By:
I_Like_Your_Face
I_Like_Your_Face
StarStarStarStar

"-Bewitched" wrote:

"I_Like_Your_Face" wrote:

"Vexus" wrote:

I don't see why this is a prolonged issue. I believe it should be legalized, seeing as there isn't anything wrong with it. 

You obviously haven't really considered anything besides your own point, which is everyone's point at first. Even mine. But it's been debated because the bible talks about it being a sin. Though, as a Christian, I do agree, if not all sins are illegal, this one shouldn't either.

The bible doesn't directly state it being a sin. It states that God had made Adam and then made Eve to accompany him. Plus, Christianity isn't everyone's religion, making it silly to make it illigal because of some book (no offense). I'm in favor of both parties. Making it legal would benefit people who can't help but be attracted to the other gender. Then you have the downsides, especially if all ########### in the world slapped it in everyone's face, then it gets pretty bad. 

It actually does state it is a sin. It says "If a man lays with another man, may he be stoned as well."
Stoning was when people were killed by being stabbed/flogged with rocks until they die. It was pretty harsh, but only happened when people sinned. 
And the only reason is it debated a lot is because America is "The Land of the Free" and a Christian country. We've seem to have forgotten that.

~ Yes, this life sentence that I'm serving, I admit that I'm every bit deserving. But the beauty of Grace is that it makes life not fair ~
~ Be My Escape~

She wrote:

"That's what" ^

Read it, please.

Posted By:
-Bewitched
-Bewitched
StarStarStarStar

"-Bewitched" wrote:

"Vexus" wrote:

I don't see why this is a prolonged issue. I believe it should be legalized, seeing as there isn't anything wrong with it. 

You obviously haven't really considered anything besides your own point, which is everyone's point at first. Even mine. But it's been debated because the bible talks about it being a sin. Though, as a Christian, I do agree, if not all sins are illegal, this one shouldn't either.

The bible doesn't directly state it being a sin. It states that God had made Adam and then made Eve to accompany him. Plus, Christianity isn't everyone's religion, making it silly to make it illigal because of some book (no offense). I'm in favor of both parties. Making it legal would benefit people who can't help but be attracted to the other gender. Then you have the downsides, especially if all ########### in the world slapped it in everyone's face, then it gets pretty bad. 

It actually does state it is a sin. It says "If a man lays with another man, may he be stoned as well."

Stoning was when people were killed by being stabbed/flogged with rocks until they die. It was pretty harsh, but only happened when people sinned. 

And the only reason is it debated a lot is because America is "The Land of the Free" and a Christian country. We've seem to have forgotten that.

My mom's Christian, I know what stoning is. If America is this so called "Land of the Free" then it would have no problem legalizing gay marriage. Land of the Free can kiss my wrists because if was so free then we wouldn't need to discuss this. The U.S is not a Christian nation. Saying so is offensive.

Posted By:
Mat3.14
Mat3.14
Star
Hey, umm I I_Like_Your_Face. I was looking through this thread, and saw your post. Umm there's something I'd like to note out. I'm not an expert on Christianity, but my uncle is. And I've done hours of thinking on this topic since it's one in my debate class.

There's just one thing I noticed on your post.

"Gay people, as long as they've accepted Christ, aren't going to burn in hell. Gayness is, in fact a sin, and so is hatred and persecution."

Okay, so when I read this, I though it was an interesting point. The thing is though, that if ########### were to accept the said god into their life, then if it was a sin, they would repent and try their best to correct themselves correct? That is the core doctrine of Christianity-the betterment of oneself through looking at the "god" and responding. Then if they were to correct themselves, why would they want to marry? Would not that be a direct slap in the face to Christ?

Another thing, umm the note about "Gayness is, in fact a sin, and so is hatred and persecution." From this, I interpret that you're trying to say that gayness is wrong, but we should not persecute gay people. I entirely agree with this, and I think it's a wonderful thing to bring up. Admist animosity and anger this comment is a vital link to peace.
However, I do not see how this relates to allowing gay marriage to be legal. Banning gay marriage is not a form of "hatred and persecution." Some might say that it is merely incorporating the thoughts of everyone, including those who fear gays. I mean take a look! In America, even though we are one of the most democratic nations in the world, the law doesn't allow for people to flash others in public, break copyright laws, and break into people's houses without reason. If the same kind of logic in that comment would be applied to marriage, here's what will happen:

Flashing people in public-- Hey why not give people the right to flash others? Flashing might offend others, but hey hatred and persecution of those who do it is a sin too.

Breaking Copyright laws-- Why not allow people to spread copyrighted movies? Sure it might lead to movie companies and theaters to go bankrupt, but why not? Spreading unlawful information is against the law, but so is persecuting those who do it.

and you know the rest.

But, my main point is to think about how not allowing people to do things is not necessarily a hating or persecuting sin, but merely just preserving the right of decency for others that don't want it. That's part of the reason why I think that if people really do care about the good of everyone, let the polls decide who should win. That's democracy right?

Posted By:
I_Like_Your_Face
I_Like_Your_Face
StarStarStarStar

"-Bewitched" wrote:

"-Bewitched" wrote:

"Vexus" wrote:

My mom's Christian, I know what stoning is. If America is this so called "Land of the Free" then it would have no problem legalizing gay marriage. Land of the Free can kiss my wrists because if was so free then we wouldn't need to discuss this. The U.S is not a Christian nation. Saying so is offensive.

Congratulations, we are on the same page.
The U.S has lost all Christianity and that's why it's debated. We're voting for the same thing here so let's just shake on it.

~ Yes, this life sentence that I'm serving, I admit that I'm every bit deserving. But the beauty of Grace is that it makes life not fair ~
~ Be My Escape~

She wrote:

"That's what" ^

Read it, please.

Posted By:
Party14Life
Party14Life
StarStarStarStar
Yes love is love other people should have no say

I have $w3y $w@gg3r

Posted By:
Zonkers! Lock
Zonkers!
StarStarStarStarStar

"-Bewitched" wrote:

I'm in favor of both parties. Making it legal would benefit people who can't help but be attracted to the other gender. Then you have the downsides, especially if all ########### in the world slapped it in everyone's face, then it gets pretty bad. 

Because that would be so much worse than when all the straights slap it in everyone's face.

Gay marriage is legal by the way.
Unless maybe if you live in some backwards country where everybody has closed minds and are still living in the dark ages.

Yaoi Siggy
Signature By: Azmaria Thankees!

((_̅ _̅(_̅C_̅r_̅a_̅y_̅o_̅l__̅̅a_̅( _̅̅(>

Stupid wikiots!

DON'T EVEN THINK OF SENDING ME A FRIEND REQUEST!

My life is an exclamation mark!

Posted By:
-Allie-
-Allie-
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar

"Zonkers!" wrote:

Gay marriage is legal by the way.

Unless maybe if you live in some backwards country where everybody has closed minds and are still living in the dark ages.
Yea well your home being Canada is way better than the US in that regard hun. BTW, I've missed you!

Arguing is a waste of time.

Posted By:
-Bewitched
-Bewitched
StarStarStarStar
Allie beat me to it. :c

Posted By:
Zonkers! Lock
Zonkers!
StarStarStarStarStar
I missed you too Allie, I wanted to check my messages & found a couple of topics that really needed replies! Big Grin

Yaoi Siggy
Signature By: Azmaria Thankees!

((_̅ _̅(_̅C_̅r_̅a_̅y_̅o_̅l__̅̅a_̅( _̅̅(>

Stupid wikiots!

DON'T EVEN THINK OF SENDING ME A FRIEND REQUEST!

My life is an exclamation mark!

Posted By:
WhenSheCries.
WhenSheCries.
StarStarStarStar
Gay marriage is only allowed in a few states. It is not legal every where in the United states. I think this marriage should definitely be legal. Love is love. Nothing should stop anyone from being with the person that they are in love with. 

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

_thumb_100x100

We have all played the famous game Sudoku, now play it online with this Classic ...

latest forum posts

Words That Start With F.

Talking With Moon

This or That??

Words That Start With F.

Words That Start With F.

Words That Start With F.