Personally, I am not much of a "chooser" when it comes to social relationship choices. I never tend to pick sides, but here are some of the benefits of having a best friend and a great boyfriend. It is good to see the Pros and Cons of maintaining both relationships, so without further ado, here are the advantages and disadvantages:BEST FRIENDS - The Benefits:
(My definition of a "best friend" - a true friend that is loyal, trustworthy and always sticks by your side; never abandons you. Someone you can really understand and vice versa. They will always try to pick you up when you're down, honest with you and can keep your deepest secrets)Some Of The Following Have Been Taken From Various Websites:
1) Genuine Relationship
- First, the positive points. A best friend is someone whom you are closest to. You may share a lot in common, have the same sense of humour, or share a similar outlook on life. One of the most positive things about this type of friendship is the "safety" of it. Quite simply, you are able to be yourself because your best friend accepts you just as you are. This allows you to be honest and genuine without having to "work" at it. You can relax and be yourself. Furthermore, your friend will not take things the wrong way because he or she knows you so well.
2)Arguments Are Easy to Move On From - Any two people in a relationship are going to argue from time to time, but in a best friend situation the arguments are usually few and far between and easier to get over. This is because the two friends work to resolve the argument with the objective of making their friendship better. They don't try to "win," but rather aim to understand the other person's side of things.
3) Easy Companionship - With a best friend, you always have someone to do things with. If you see an activity you'd like to do, you don't have to wonder who you could invite because you know your bestie will probably want to go with you. Moreover, best friends can usually just hang out and have a good time. They don't need to plan an involved event to be entertained.
4) Comfort - A best friend is someone you don't have to fill in the blanks with. They already know all the inner details of your life. "It's like picking up a book and knowing exactly where you left off," Belleghem says. You can cut to the chase and get right to the meat of any discussion because all the background information has already been stored away.
5) Connectedness - One of our most basic fears is being alone, Belleghem explains. Whether your best friend is around the corner or in another time zone, just knowing she is there provides comfort. "It gives you a sense of being connected and not just free-floating in space," she says. So if you find yourself feeling isolated, whether physically or emotionally, pick up the phone and call your closest pal. Both of you will feel better for it.
6) Self-esteem Boost - Good friends help us to develop our self-esteem, says Belleghem. "Having someone in our life who thinks we are important -- someone who wants our opinion on things and who values our company -- makes us feel wanted, boosting self-esteem," she explains.
7) Honest opinions - Best friends will also be totally honest with us, Belleghem says. They know you well and are able to tell it like it is. So thank your best friend the next time she looks you in the eye, shakes her head and suggests you rethink a possibly silly decision. She's got your best interests at heart.
Secrets Are Kept Safe - With a best friend, you can tell everything to him or her. You won't have to worry about everyone knowing your secret, because it's kept safe with your greatest, most trustworthy friend. It's glad to get it off your chest without anyone else having to know something you don't want to blurt out to the world.
BOYFRIENDS - The Benefits:
(My definition of a boyfriend - a male whom you and him are in a romantic relationship with. Someone who can comfort you and can spend that extra time with you. Someone who is not a player, but someone who is loyal, honest and dependant)
1) Safety - With a boyfriend, you do not need to worry about any problem in the sense that you are safe with your special one. You feel protected by him and his love.
2) Being Dependant - Most of the time, you can rely on your boyfriend for anything. Whenever it's a date or you need some help, he'll be there with you.
3) Cuddles - No matter what age your boyfriend is, he will always give you a hug and might not let go. He holds you in his arms and you feel safe and comfortable, as well as he feels soft and warm. If you are upset, lonely or unsuspectingly wondering around the corridor, he will almost always come up and hug you.
4) Attractiveness - Most people tend to date others that are attractive in different ways. Whether if it's his gorgeous face, manly perfume, kind and golden heart or his hilarious personality, there's always that 'thing' that makes you attracted to him, and it leaves a warm and a sort of butterflies-in-your-stomach type of feeling.
5) Less Of A Chance Of Getting Teased - If your boyfriend is strong or is known to be strong, you will have a better chance of not being picked on because your boyfriend will be there to scare away the grumps.
6) Holding Hands And Watching Movies - Holding your boyfriend's hands is a nice, tingling emotion. It makes you feel warmer inside and out, especially when you are out on a date at the cinema or the park. Not every couple can go to a date, but there's always a time to hold hands.
7) You Learn Something New - Whether it's skate boarding or a topic in Maths that you don't understand, your boyfriend will teach you something new, and it is fun to learn with the one you love. You get the blood rush when he holds you as you practise skating or feel really grateful that he is helping you with homework.
This is part one of the Pros and Cons of having a boyfriend and a best friend. This post would probably be a mouthful, so I'm going to let you take some time to read all of this before I post more.