Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Should Beauty Pageants Be Banned?

Posted By:
hutcherfan1 Lock
hutcherfan1
StarStarStarStar
I believe that beauty pageants should be banned. I'm doing a persuasive speech about it for school. The effects of watching one for young girls, can be dangerous..... even deadly.
Young girls, and teen girls who watch beauty contests., can tend to think they are "imperfect". But they are not. They only think that is right because that is what they are seeing.
Seeing this can make girls think that they need to be a size 00. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, I'm just saying, these girls can go on insane diets. That can lead to anorexia and buliemia. Eating disorders that can be deadly. Watching beauty contests can also lower your self esteem and how you feel about yourself.
Do you think that beauty pageants should be banned?
if you are suffering from any type of eating disorder, please don't wait,. You need to get help a.s.a.p.
And remember, those images don't make you imperfect, because you are perfect just the way you are. Remember, God made you in his image.

One Way or Another

Posted By:
greenpig87
greenpig87
StarStarStarStarStar
yes, i am one to have low self esteem and i hate watching those, i've even went on diets were i barely eat at all, even though i've been told im like super skinny. self confort issues i guess, ive never stopped eating all together thoughFrustrated they should be banned!

I. Love. Michael.

Posted By:
Storm1232
Storm1232
StarStarStarStarStar
Beauty pagents do NOT  make girls think their imperfect. It gives them a chance to wear BEAUTIFUL dresses and let out their inner princess.

It CAN lead to it though, I don't deny that, but saying they should be banned is a bit extreme.

I don't do pagents or anything girly in ANY way, but at most times I see myself as imperfect. I've never been in any form of pagentry, but I have very low self-esteem.

I don't think they need to be banned, it won't change the fact that girls naturally have the tendency to feel imperfect (I'm not saying all girls, but its always possible..)

I do not like bad grammar, and there is a high chance of me correcting you.

Yes Stormie-chan is back once again.
Kon'nichiwa, futatabi min'na!
(Hello Agin Everyone!)

Posted By:
Alexis7343
Alexis7343
StarStarStarStarStar
Beauty Pageants are good when kids are not pushed in to it. Some moms can make there children do it. I think that Beauty Pageants are a great was for kids to get out and feel beautiful about themsalves. I think that is would be fun when its not over bored.

Posted By:
Cry_J
Cry_J
StarStarStarStar
No.  So long as its there choice to go with it.  I do not think it should be exposed at a young age like that show Todlers in Tiaras or whatever its called.  (i dont like them but if people want to do them thats there choice) 

You

Kill it with kindness

To the friends i have that reperesent this.

Posted By:
LePrince
LePrince
StarStarStarStar
I don't think they should be banned. What the parents need to do though is talk with their child, and make sure they don't feel pressured into it, and that they actually want to do it. Mothers shouldn't make their child do it just because the mothers want to. I think they don't have a problem as long as the outfits are age appropriate and modest. As for the viewer, they are usually just falling over the kids with their adorableness. Granted  not everybody is like that, but if you are thinking you aren't perfect, You shouldn't be watching the pageants.

Whoever said I needed a signature? (。◕‿◕。)

Posted By:
SuperHeroesImagine
SuperHeroesImagine
StarStarStar
This is a great discussion.To be honest they should and they shouldn't.Now for toddlers and tiaras,definetely because little girls should be able to live their lives without being exposed to outer judgement from other people.They should however have he right to choose if they want to participate in those kinds of competitions because they ar not get anything from except a image on themselves that people think is them,but it's really a plublicity stunt. Mosrt of the moms,force their daughters into those kinds of things.Now for teenage girls,definetely because they are a bit more mayure and understand the circumstances a  bit better then a toddler would.Plus,it also gives them a chance to earn self respect and confidence.

It's Mickey here.❤
I love Making friends and all that.(:
Don't forget you're beautiful no matter what
people say.Join my club advice central and I'll be glad to help you plus you can fill my comments
with questions.Love you all.❤❤

Posted By:
Miss Smiley xx
Miss Smiley xx
StarStarStarStar
Yes they should.

Taylor

Smile while you have teeth!
~Saira~

Posted By:
Livvers :)
Livvers :)
StarStar
Yes, they should be banned!! It exploits little girls beauty after being pushed in to it by their parents (at least most of the time). If you love it, sure, I respect that, but keep in mind, being beautiful only gets you so far. Have a nice day everyone smile

I wish I was strong enough to lift not one, but both of
us. Someday I will be strong enough, to lift not one, but both of us smile

Posted By:
PerfectPorcelain;
PerfectPorcelain;
StarStarStar
No. Beauty pageants don't make girls feel 'imperfect'. They're empowering and they help you feel good about your inner beauty, outer beauty, and your talents! They're also a great way of earning scholarships for college!

A million colors paint the world,
But you don't see them like I see them

← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Big_icon_(5)

Tic Tac Toe is back!

latest forum posts

We the Kidz

Avatar Last Airbender vs Legend of Korra

Last on to say 'Chips' wins-moved

If you had a choice. Would you use Windows...

Avatar Last Airbender vs Legend of Korra

We the Kidz

latest videos