Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Prevent Global Warming!

Posted By:
Hammer786
Hammer786
StarStarStarStar
A lot of people don't really know the harm that we are causing to Earth everyday. They don't really care. Global Warming is the rise in temperature in the Earth's atmosphere. The atmosphere's made up of layers of gases, some of which are called 'greenhouse gases'. They're mostly natural and make up a kind of thermal blanket over the earth.If extra greenhouse gases are made, the thermal blanket gets thicker and too much heat is kept in the earth's atmosphere. That's when global warming's bad. We think that it really won't harm us, and it may not. But it will harm future generations because if Earth gets hotter, some of the important changes could happen:

Water expands when it's heated and oceans absorb more heat than land, so sea levels would rise.
Sea levels would also rise due to the melting of the glaciers and sea ice.
Cities on coasts would flood.
Places that usually get lots of rain and snowfall might get hotter and drier.
Lakes and rivers could dry up.
There would be more droughts making hard to grow crops.
Less water would be available for drinking, showers and swimming pools.
Some plants and animals might become extinct because of the heat.
Hurricanes, tornadoes and other storms which are caused by changes in heat and water evaporation may get more common.

You can do a lot of things to save the planet like:

Re-cycle glass bottles, jars, newspapers and magazines and tin cans. Save them and take them to local re-cycling centres.

Re-use plastic shopping bags and envelopes, don't get new ones

Persuade you mum or dad (or whoever does the gardening) to have a compost heap.

Put a brick in a plastic bag into your toilet cistern, then the toilet will use less water each time you flush. Don't worry that's plenty of water to get rid of...

Use paper on both sides. Try and buy products that don't use much packaging.

Give unwanted gifts and clothes to a charity shop.

Only fill the kettle up with the amount of water you need to boil that time.

Don't leave the TV or video on standby.

If you get lift to school in a car, take your mates along for the ride.

Ask whoever does your washing to use the machine at 40 degrees, this helps conserve power.

Switch lights off when you're not in the room

Get a clockwork mobile phone recharger

Cycle to places!

Have showers instead of baths.

To know more you can go on my profile and look and the global warming videos I have added!

So please make the right decision and tell me what you think of the injustice with our planet!

Who are you to judge me?

LIFE

Prevent Global Warming!

Posted By:
-Zachary- Lock
-Zachary-
StarStarStarStar
Another thing you can do to help reduce global warming is make people aware of what's going on with it. Don't let people deny it and go unchallenged, inform them, because it is a very real situation and it's getting increasingly worse by the day. 

“Mutual caring relationships require kindness and patience, tolerance, optimism, joy in the other's achievements, confidence in oneself, and the ability to give without undue thought of gain.”

Prevent Global Warming!

Posted By:
hugebear
hugebear
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
Thank you for posting this

[agrees]

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy

hugebearkeep calm and hug ted

Prevent Global Warming!

Posted By:
Nimsajeay
Nimsajeay
StarStarStarStarStar
Completely agreed! Big Grin

All new users please search "Saveyou's unhelpful guide to KW", it will teach you all about what to expect. It should've gotten stickied, if you ask me.

This sentence of my sig is dedicated to Tyco (tycotickles/tycolovesyou), James (HeyThereI'mJames), and the other James (NachozRule) May they always be apart of KW.

Prevent Global Warming!

Posted By:
Nimsajeay
Nimsajeay
StarStarStarStarStar

"-Zachary-" wrote:

Another thing you can do to help reduce global warming is make people aware of what's going on with it. Don't let people deny it and go unchallenged, inform them, because it is a very real situation and it's getting increasingly worse by the day. 

Yes, to quote myself; "It's not that people don't care, it's just that they are unaware!"

All new users please search "Saveyou's unhelpful guide to KW", it will teach you all about what to expect. It should've gotten stickied, if you ask me.

This sentence of my sig is dedicated to Tyco (tycotickles/tycolovesyou), James (HeyThereI'mJames), and the other James (NachozRule) May they always be apart of KW.

Prevent Global Warming!

Posted By:
Hammer786
Hammer786
StarStarStarStar

"Nimsajeay" wrote:

"-Zachary-" wrote:

Yes, to quote myself; "It's not that people don't care, it's just that they are unaware!"

That is true but then again some people know what global warming is yet they still waste electricity and stuff!

Who are you to judge me?

LIFE

Prevent Global Warming!

Posted By:
nascarawesome
nascarawesome
StarStarStarStarStar
I do agree on the reuse,reuduce, and recycle sutff. God gave us this Earth to live on and we need to take care of it. But GLOBAL WARMING DOES NOT EXIST! Scientists say average summer temps would be 7 degrees higher.......but its only gone up 2 degrees in summer time.

Hello. I am Zack. What do you want to know about me? I'm just a regular old user who isn't quite active anymore. If you see this either I am on a visit or back for good.

Prevent Global Warming!

Posted By:
Nimsajeay
Nimsajeay
StarStarStarStarStar

"Hammer786" wrote:

"Nimsajeay" wrote:

"-Zachary-" wrote:

That is true but then again some people know what global warming is yet they still waste electricity and stuff!

That's true. Just like some corporations.  But the majority of people care, some people just don't know HOW to help, or they don't know why they NEED to help.  

Prevent Global Warming!

Posted By:
hugebear
hugebear
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar

"Nimsajeay" wrote:

"Hammer786" wrote:

"Nimsajeay" wrote:

"-Zachary-" wrote:

That's true. Just like some corporations.  But the majority of people care, some people just don't know HOW to help, or they don't know why they NEED to help.  

I care about global warming and agrees and if everyone done the little things it adds up and helps alot. 

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy

hugebearkeep calm and hug ted

Prevent Global Warming!

Posted By:
Hammer786
Hammer786
StarStarStarStar
I would just like to ask that: 

do you turn all the electrical equipment of everynight- including plugging of the socket.
When you charge your phone after you did it do you switch the switch off.
Do you take buses.

I bet you loads of people on here don't do that!

Who are you to judge me?

LIFE

← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

How much battery has you got right now?

What book are you currently reading?

What was the last thing you ate?

what you like most about ur school ?

Your view on the ice bucket challenge.

Your view on the ice bucket challenge.

latest videos