Kw-halloween-logo-small

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Are first impressions important?

Posted By:
cajuncutie12
cajuncutie12
StarStarStarStar
The first impression we get from a person is by what clothes they wear and what they look like, and that should never be judged.

#atyourservice
roll the bones

Posted By:
-Zachary- Lock
-Zachary-
StarStarStarStar

"cajuncutie12" wrote:

The first impression we get from a person is by what clothes they wear and what they look like, and that should never be judged.

Sure it should. If someone dresses extremely well, it heavily suggests that they have a good sense of taste in clothing, and they have the money necessary to purchase those clothes, as well as being concerned with their image. Conversely, if someone dresses very poorly and is noticeably unclean, that can strongly suggests things about their personality as well. 

“Mutual caring relationships require kindness and patience, tolerance, optimism, joy in the other's achievements, confidence in oneself, and the ability to give without undue thought of gain.”

Posted By:
cajuncutie12
cajuncutie12
StarStarStarStar

"-Zachary-" wrote:

"cajuncutie12" wrote:

Sure it should. If someone dresses extremely well, it heavily suggests that they have a good sense of taste in clothing, and they have the money necessary to purchase those clothes, as well as being concerned with their image. Conversely, if someone dresses very poorly and is noticeably unclean, that can strongly suggests things about their personality as well. 

It more so suggests what kind of life they live than personality. Yes, I agree that a person who dresses nicely most likely lives a life of wealth, while a person who dresses poorly does not. A person with good wealth can be the biggest jerk you will ever meet. A person who lives off of a low salary can be the most well mannered and kindest person you will ever meet, and of course, vice versa.

#atyourservice
roll the bones

Posted By:
Nimsajeay
Nimsajeay
StarStarStarStarStar

"-lka" wrote:

"Nimsajeay" wrote:

"-lka" wrote:

"Kissme21" wrote:

"Nimsajeay" wrote:

I think that a lot of people judge others based on first impressions.  I don't think that they should, though.  
^^This^^

Okay, why shouldn't they?

I think that any type of judging before you know about something or someone is bad.  For instance, you see someone in rags for clothes and judge that they have terrible manners and aren't friendly.  He or she might be super kind and have GREAT manners, they just can't afford good clothes.

Judging someone based on his first impression may not be enough to formulate an entire view on that person but it doesn't have to be negative like you described.

It might be enough, but it might be.  That's just like gender discrimination.  Sometimes someone gets an idea, that because you are a girl or a guy, you're gonna be a certain way.  But they aren't positive.  Others, though. might think that girls can't do for say a sport, and boys can't sew.   And they'll never be able to do that.  The first one isn't enough to formulate an entire view, but it's still bad.  And yes, it doesn't have to be bad.  But a lot of times, it is.  And good or bad, I don't think it's right to try and see who someone is, based on how they dress, etc.

All new users please search "Saveyou's unhelpful guide to KW", it will teach you all about what to expect. It should've gotten stickied, if you ask me.

This sentence of my sig is dedicated to Tyco (tycotickles/tycolovesyou), James (HeyThereI'mJames), and the other James (NachozRule) May they always be apart of KW.

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez
StarStarStarStarStar
Absolutely. 

Posted By:
RawrSkittles=)
RawrSkittles=)
StarStarStarStarStar

"Nimsajeay" wrote:

I think that a lot of people judge others based on first impressions.  I don't think that they should, though.  

Posted By:
Baby260
Baby260
StarStarStarStarStar
Obviously ;3

Posted By:
GawjussGracieex
GawjussGracieex
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
Definitely.

Junior Mod
Ask me if you have any questions or need any help.

Posted By:
GawjussGracieex
GawjussGracieex
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar

"cajuncutie12" wrote:

Not exactly, what about personality too? If you went to an interview, a good first impression would be ideal.

Junior Mod
Ask me if you have any questions or need any help.

Posted By:
alvy123
alvy123
StarStarStarStarStar
They are but we don't know what's their prob at that moment ..... So not compulsory

smile Frown Worried Grin Big Grin Hippie Blush Love Mad Angry Shout

RUBY | 14 | INDIA
Want to know more? TALK to me. Want to talk? ADD me. I don't care what you think about me , but I'm me . Please do read my story in the forums - DEATH - I love chocolate too.
Dazed Tired Tongue Out Cool Wink Confused

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

The Fault In Our Stars vs Divergent

Would you like to dance on jumping castles ??

They won't let me be free

Naruto

What is ur favourite Taylor Swift song??

The Fault In Our Stars vs Divergent

latest videos