Kw-halloween-logo-small

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Are first impressions important?

Posted By:
hugebear
hugebear
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar

"-lka" wrote:

"hugebear" wrote:

Me opinion is I dunno and sometimes the first impressions leads to the wrong conclusions and othertimes sometimes the thing you see on the first impression is true and you was right when you has known the person longer 

So they are pointless? As in you can't make a proper judgment on ones character by them? 

[I has been thinking about this alot today Blush

I doesnt think they are pointless and what other posters said in an interview the first impression is important. But  I think that sometimes the first impressions  are wrong and I doesnt like to judge someone on how they look but I probably does.

I does try to like everyone until I has the reason not to

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy

hugebearkeep calm and hug ted

Posted By:
cajuncutie12
cajuncutie12
StarStarStarStar

"GawjussGracieex" wrote:

"cajuncutie12" wrote:

The first impression we get from a person is by what clothes they wear and what they look like, and that should never be judged.

Not exactly, what about personality too? If you went to an interview, a good first impression would be ideal.

Like a job interview? Well, if a poor man went to a job interview to get a better job and earn more pay, he'll wear his best, but what is his best? A t-shirt and a nice pair of jeans? It doesn't mean he isn't a good worker. Some people can't afford really nice clothing because they weren't given much of a chance in life. That doesn't mean they aren't smart enough to turn things around.

But yes, I agree that in those cases the first impression is important and you should try to look your best, but not everybody can have what some consider to be the 'best'. When it comes to work, trying hard is what should land you the job, not what you're wearing. 

#atyourservice
roll the bones

Posted By:
glitteronmyhands
glitteronmyhands
StarStarStarStarStar
If you're meeting a super serious, uptight person!

Posted By:
-lka_2375201 Lock
-lka_2375201
StarStarStarStar

"-Zachary-" wrote:

Yeah, obviously. Like you said, you're selling yourself upon first meeting someone. You're supposed to show your character, and if they find those qualities attractive, they'll get to know you more. First impressions are extremely important because of this. If you go into a job interview looking like a total slob, that reflects poorly upon you because it says you possess qualities that likely aren't good for someone working.

Though sometime in job interviews 'attractive qualities' are those of people of extrovert characters. 
 [

My opinions is right has the possibility of being wrong, and your opinion is wrong has the possibility of being right.

Posted By:
-lka_2375201 Lock
-lka_2375201
StarStarStarStar

"hugebear" wrote:

[I has been thinking about this alot today Blush
. But  I think that sometimes the first impressions  are wrong and I doesnt like to judge someone on how they look but I probably does.

They might but people will go by what they can see most likely especially if they only get to meet the person once. I found what's in bold funny.

"hugebear" wrote:

I does try to like everyone until I has the reason not to

Good rule. 

My opinions is right has the possibility of being wrong, and your opinion is wrong has the possibility of being right.

Posted By:
Pikachu_Loves_Me:3
Pikachu_Loves_Me:3
StarStarStarStar
Ofcourse!

Hey Dere :3
Ride Dat Alpaca
I'm also Pixeled, so send friend a request to Pixeled!
:3 (/.0.)/ (>.w.)> \(OwO\)

Posted By:
;butterflyflame.
;butterflyflame.
Star
It depends - if your going for a job interview or idk asking a hand in marriage I guess so. It can be important when you meet someone you like or if you want to be friends with someone but it's debatable really. First impressions are important-ish to me but that's just my opinion c;

Posted By:
GawjussGracieex
GawjussGracieex
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar

"cajuncutie12" wrote:

"GawjussGracieex" wrote:

"cajuncutie12" wrote:

The first impression we get from a person is by what clothes they wear and what they look like, and that should never be judged.

Not exactly, what about personality too? If you went to an interview, a good first impression would be ideal.

Like a job interview? Well, if a poor man went to a job interview to get a better job and earn more pay, he'll wear his best, but what is his best? A t-shirt and a nice pair of jeans? It doesn't mean he isn't a good worker. Some people can't afford really nice clothing because they weren't given much of a chance in life. That doesn't mean they aren't smart enough to turn things around.

But yes, I agree that in those cases the first impression is important and you should try to look your best, but not everybody can have what some consider to be the 'best'. When it comes to work, trying hard is what should land you the job, not what you're wearing. 

Looks are important, but my post was more relating to personality. 

Junior Mod
Ask me if you have any questions or need any help.

Posted By:
-lka_2375201 Lock
-lka_2375201
StarStarStarStar

"cajuncutie12" wrote:

I think in a job interview situation the interviewer would be more interested in your character's qualities relevant to the job rather than ones appearance. They might observe your appearance, but I agree, that shouldn't be a sign of character completely. 

"cajuncutie12" wrote:

but not everybody can have what some consider to be the 'best'. When it comes to work, trying hard is what should land you the job, not what you're wearing. 

Trying hard? They wouldn't be able to tell if you're a hard worker or not but after you get the job.

Posted By:
cajuncutie12
cajuncutie12
StarStarStarStar

"GawjussGracieex" wrote:

"cajuncutie12" wrote:

"GawjussGracieex" wrote:

"cajuncutie12" wrote:

Looks are important, but my post was more relating to personality. 

Well, I guess if I were to see a person with their hair long and wearing black and stuff I would probably think they were into metal music; and if I were to see a person wearing lots of bright colors, I would probably think they were into pop. But it doesn't matter what they're into, because you won't know if someone is a really nice person or just a jerk until you actually get to know them.

#atyourservice
roll the bones

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

I'm just tired.

Dylan O'Brien

Whos Ur Celeb Crush???? ^_^

The Hunger Games or Twilight

We the Kidz

I Went Home

latest videos