×
Back left 6d79ffa2165c70419b5d81367025d889a832b878a14a24f303dd5f6f59a4f2c5
Back right 7131bbac0729874ea35f73598ddf94d2e1f7db07d23b55f12e0a2064353ff6d7

Are first impressions important?

Celebs cartoon cfce93feab0316bf700026de7ec97f7de6e9ad1915d2ce24ce54a99a68a2b199
Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Posts: 30521

"-lka" wrote:



"hugebear" wrote:






Me opinion is I dunno and sometimes the first impressions leads to the wrong conclusions and othertimes sometimes the thing you see on the first impression is true and you was right when you has known the person longer 

 

So they are pointless? As in you can't make a proper judgment on ones character by them? 


[I has been thinking about this alot today Blush

I doesnt think they are pointless and what other posters said in an interview the first impression is important. But  I think that sometimes the first impressions  are wrong and I doesnt like to judge someone on how they look but I probably does.

I does try to like everyone until I has the reason not to

___________________________
hugebear from gracie and mia
classicalmusicisepicdonethis for me siggy :love thank you

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy


hugebearkeep calm and hug ted


Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef

"GawjussGracieex" wrote:

"cajuncutie12" wrote:

The first impression we get from a person is by what clothes they wear and what they look like, and that should never be judged.

Not exactly, what about personality too? If you went to an interview, a good first impression would be ideal.
 

Like a job interview? Well, if a poor man went to a job interview to get a better job and earn more pay, he'll wear his best, but what is his best? A t-shirt and a nice pair of jeans? It doesn't mean he isn't a good worker. Some people can't afford really nice clothing because they weren't given much of a chance in life. That doesn't mean they aren't smart enough to turn things around.

But yes, I agree that in those cases the first impression is important and you should try to look your best, but not everybody can have what some consider to be the 'best'. When it comes to work, trying hard is what should land you the job, not what you're wearing. 

#atyourservice
roll the bones


Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
If you're meeting a super serious, uptight person!


Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Posts: 135

"-Zachary-" wrote:

Yeah, obviously. Like you said, you're selling yourself upon first meeting someone. You're supposed to show your character, and if they find those qualities attractive, they'll get to know you more. First impressions are extremely important because of this. If you go into a job interview looking like a total slob, that reflects poorly upon you because it says you possess qualities that likely aren't good for someone working.

Though sometime in job interviews 'attractive qualities' are those of people of extrovert characters. 
 [

My opinions is right has the possibility of being wrong, and your opinion is wrong has the possibility of being right.


Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Posts: 135

"hugebear" wrote:




[I has been thinking about this alot today Blush
. But  I think that sometimes the first impressions  are wrong and I doesnt like to judge someone on how they look but I probably does.

They might but people will go by what they can see most likely especially if they only get to meet the person once. I found what's in bold funny.

"hugebear" wrote:


I does try to like everyone until I has the reason not to

Good rule. 


My opinions is right has the possibility of being wrong, and your opinion is wrong has the possibility of being right.


Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Ofcourse!

Hey Dere :3
Ride Dat Alpaca
I'm also Pixeled, so send friend a request to Pixeled!
:3 (/.0.)/ (>.w.)> \(OwO\)


Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Default girl ebfa4eefafa81bb90719837d64c24469880b9b6f180430fe833764236bc8b5a4
It depends - if your going for a job interview or idk asking a hand in marriage I guess so. It can be important when you meet someone you like or if you want to be friends with someone but it's debatable really. First impressions are important-ish to me but that's just my opinion c;


Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Junior Mod
Member since:
December 2009
Posts: 52014

"cajuncutie12" wrote:



"GawjussGracieex" wrote:




"cajuncutie12" wrote:


The first impression we get from a person is by what clothes they wear and what they look like, and that should never be judged.

Not exactly, what about personality too? If you went to an interview, a good first impression would be ideal.
 

Like a job interview? Well, if a poor man went to a job interview to get a better job and earn more pay, he'll wear his best, but what is his best? A t-shirt and a nice pair of jeans? It doesn't mean he isn't a good worker. Some people can't afford really nice clothing because they weren't given much of a chance in life. That doesn't mean they aren't smart enough to turn things around.

But yes, I agree that in those cases the first impression is important and you should try to look your best, but not everybody can have what some consider to be the 'best'. When it comes to work, trying hard is what should land you the job, not what you're wearing. 


Looks are important, but my post was more relating to personality. 


Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Posts: 135

"cajuncutie12" wrote:



 Like a job interview? Well, if a poor man went to a job interview to get a better job and earn more pay, he'll wear his best, but what is his best? A t-shirt and a nice pair of jeans? It doesn't mean he isn't a good worker. Some people can't afford really nice clothing because they weren't given much of a chance in life. That doesn't mean they aren't smart enough to turn things around.

I think in a job interview situation the interviewer would be more interested in your character's qualities relevant to the job rather than ones appearance. They might observe your appearance, but I agree, that shouldn't be a sign of character completely. 

"cajuncutie12" wrote:



but not everybody can have what some consider to be the 'best'. When it comes to work, trying hard is what should land you the job, not what you're wearing. 

Trying hard? They wouldn't be able to tell if you're a hard worker or not but after you get the job.


My opinions is right has the possibility of being wrong, and your opinion is wrong has the possibility of being right.


Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef

"GawjussGracieex" wrote:

"cajuncutie12" wrote:



"GawjussGracieex" wrote:




"cajuncutie12" wrote:


The first impression we get from a person is by what clothes they wear and what they look like, and that should never be judged.

Not exactly, what about personality too? If you went to an interview, a good first impression would be ideal.
 

Like a job interview? Well, if a poor man went to a job interview to get a better job and earn more pay, he'll wear his best, but what is his best? A t-shirt and a nice pair of jeans? It doesn't mean he isn't a good worker. Some people can't afford really nice clothing because they weren't given much of a chance in life. That doesn't mean they aren't smart enough to turn things around.

But yes, I agree that in those cases the first impression is important and you should try to look your best, but not everybody can have what some consider to be the 'best'. When it comes to work, trying hard is what should land you the job, not what you're wearing. 


Looks are important, but my post was more relating to personality. 



Well, I guess if I were to see a person with their hair long and wearing black and stuff I would probably think they were into metal music; and if I were to see a person wearing lots of bright colors, I would probably think they were into pop. But it doesn't matter what they're into, because you won't know if someone is a really nice person or just a jerk until you actually get to know them.

#atyourservice
roll the bones


News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity

SAO roleplay in Forum Games posted by KittyLove12
SAO roleplay in Forum Games posted by KittyLove12
Hangman in Forum Games posted by Itzmedacheese
You Failed To Mention in Forum Games posted by Mermaid_Author14
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Shadeleaf
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Shadeleaf
What instrument or instrume... in Everything Music posted by Wolf74
What instrument or instrume... in Everything Music posted by Wolf74
Count to 60 before a Jr. Mo... in Forum Games posted by Itzmedacheese
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Tord_Trash
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Tord_Trash
Home For the Strange ( for ... in Private Roleplay posted by ThisNameWasStolen
Role play anyone? Open one ... in General Roleplays posted by Iheart2heart4eva
Fragments [Violet] | [Uni, ... in Private Roleplay posted by Phantom_Queen
Fragments [INDIGO LEAGUE!] ... in Private Roleplay posted by SnowflakeAngelKitten
Favourite Gaming YouTube Ch... in Forum Games posted by Shysenpai133
New Real Time Private Messa... in New Features on KW posted by ajcj
type whatever comes 2 your ... in Forum Games posted by rainbowpoptart
Count to 60 before a Jr. Mo... in Forum Games posted by CobaltBlue
The World I Live In [open]! in General Roleplays posted by Iheart2heart4eva
what do you want to be when... in Current Events posted by ajcj
what do you want to be when... in Current Events posted by ajcj
NORTH KOREA!!! in Current Events posted by ajcj
New Real Time Private Messa... in New Features on KW posted by ajcj
New Real Time Private Messa... in New Features on KW posted by ajcj
New Real Time Private Messa... in New Features on KW posted by ajcj
New Real Time Private Messa... in New Features on KW posted by ajcj
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by slurpie3
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by James
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by SnowflakeAngelKitten
why are girls so girly in Debating posted by simran88
Would u date the person abo... in Random posted by Nightmare_is_me
Would u date the person abo... in Random posted by DallasCowboy
Would u date the person abo... in Random posted by Abbergrl
Would u date the person abo... in Random posted by FlutePlayer197
Would you happen to have th... in Say Anything posted by MechaMaiden23
Choose a word to describe y... in Random posted by MechaMaiden23
Would u date the person abo... in Random posted by dragongirl555
See you... **NOT CLICKBAIT** in Random posted by ImagineOrdinary
See you... **NOT CLICKBAIT** in Random posted by rainbowpoptart