×
Back left
Back right

Is it fair to use children in television advertisements?

Celebs cartoon
Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

I, personally, do not agree with using children in advertisements, because of their lack of knowledge.

 

I believe that using children in advertisements teaches them, from a young age, to have an opinion about what they are advertising, whatever it may be, without really being old enough to support the cause, know what decision they are making, and what they are supporting, without fully being aware of it.


What's ur opinion??? start posting!!!! smile

- kumud rocks
{ alisha or ankitha = my real name }

by anki!


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Ok, you say they are taught to have an opinion about something at a young age without fully knowing what they're supporting? That's just what happens, but it's the parents job to explain something they don't understand. Think about it, if a kid doesn't know what the commerical is about, they aren't gonna support it. If they don't know what cereal they are advertising, they aren't going to say they support it. If an ad is showing a toy, the kid isn't going to support a toy they haven't seen. Sure, the kid might beg their parents for it, but that's why the parents are there. To explain to the kid. Commercials are meant to be targeted at children, if they are showing a child's product. Nothing wrong with that.


Also, I think it's very healthy for kids to have an opinion at a young age. It shows that they can think for themselves. It might not be the best opinion or choice, but at least they are saying they have a voice. Kids should be taught, by multiple sources, to speak up for what they believe in, and ads might just be one of those sources. As long as there is someone to explain further.


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Default girl
Lock
As long as the company isn't exploiting them, it's alright. A fun experience, I'm sure. c:

Banner


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Posts: 571

The vast majority of time, adults aren't even knowledgeable enough on topics they have strong beliefs in to have high quality opinions about, it's not just kids. It's called "people-being-stupid". 

Also, I think it's very healthy for kids to have an opinion at a young age. It shows that they can think for themselves.


Having an opinion has nothing to do with the ability to think for yourself. You can see it everywhere, when people spout the rhetoric they've heard from specific people without an actual understanding of what it means, and without having actually thought about it. 

Mutual caring relationships require kindness and patience, tolerance, optimism, joy in the other's achievements, confidence in oneself, and the ability to give without undue thought of gain.


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"-Zachary-" wrote:

The vast majority of time, adults aren't even knowledgeable enough on topics they have strong beliefs in to have high quality opinions about, it's not just kids. It's called "people-being-stupid". 


Also, I think it's very healthy for kids to have an opinion at a young age. It shows that they can think for themselves.


Having an opinion has nothing to do with the ability to think for yourself. You can see it everywhere, when people spout the rhetoric they've heard from specific people without an actual understanding of what it means, and without having actually thought about it. 




Opinion
Noun
  1. A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
  2. The beliefs or views of a large number or majority of people about a particular thing.

People being stupid, huh?  Not having a "high quality" opinion, that's an opinion in itself. Who declares it's of "high quality"? Using big words? Showing knowledge? You don't have to have knowledge about something to have an opinion, no matter whose definition you're looking at, but I guess that was an opinion, too. The thing about kids having the ability to think for themselves: When I say that, I mean that others around them aren't putting any influence on them. They are able to stand for what they think is right, or what they believe in, if anything. They don't let others make them think anything else, even if they formed an opinion about a topic they don't know much about.


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Posts: 571

"Yeliak" wrote:



"-Zachary-" wrote:


The vast majority of time, adults aren't even knowledgeable enough on topics they have strong beliefs in to have high quality opinions about, it's not just kids. It's called "people-being-stupid". 



Also, I think it's very healthy for kids to have an opinion at a young age. It shows that they can think for themselves.


Having an opinion has nothing to do with the ability to think for yourself. You can see it everywhere, when people spout the rhetoric they've heard from specific people without an actual understanding of what it means, and without having actually thought about it. 




Opinion
Noun
  1. A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
  2. The beliefs or views of a large number or majority of people about a particular thing.

People being stupid, huh?  Not having a "high quality" opinion, that's an opinion in itself. Who declares it's of "high quality"? Using big words? Showing knowledge? You don't have to have knowledge about something to have an opinion, no matter whose definition you're looking at, but I guess that was an opinion, too. The thing about kids having the ability to think for themselves: When I say that, I mean that others around them aren't putting any influence on them. They are able to stand for what they think is right, or what they believe in, if anything. They don't let others make them think anything else, even if they formed an opinion about a topic they don't know much about.


I don't really see the point of pasting the definition of opinion, but thanks.

People being stupid, huh?


Yes

You don't have to have knowledge about something to have an opinion


I never said you did.

The thing about kids having the ability to think for themselves: When I say that, I mean that others around them aren't putting any influence on them.


ok? I understand that and, again, don't see how it really helps to go into it further here. 

They don't let others make them think anything else, even if they formed an opinion about a topic they don't know much about.


The very definition of a low quality opinion. 

Mutual caring relationships require kindness and patience, tolerance, optimism, joy in the other's achievements, confidence in oneself, and the ability to give without undue thought of gain.


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
I went further into it because I can. Now, I'm not,because I can see about 5000 weak arguments coming from you that I don't want to deal with, just as you feel you don't want to deal with either, coming from me.


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Posts: 571

"Yeliak" wrote:

I went further into it because I can. Now, I'm not,because I can see about 5000 weak arguments coming from you that I don't want to deal with, just as you feel you don't want to deal with either, coming from me.


k


Mutual caring relationships require kindness and patience, tolerance, optimism, joy in the other's achievements, confidence in oneself, and the ability to give without undue thought of gain.


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
I don't see why it wouldn't be???


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
i think its fine.  Its true that they might not know what they are advertising but thats not exactly a problem considering the adults would never make them advertize something bad.

You

Kill it with kindness

To the friends i have that reperesent this.


News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity