Kw-halloween-logo-small

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Abortion.

Posted By:
Evea
Evea
Member since:
June, 2013
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 475

"Neonn" wrote:





"Evea" wrote:




I don't believe abortion is morally justifiable in certain situations but I do feel that the choice should be up to the woman and no one else.




I personally don't understand people who say  "Why can't the woman just have the baby and put it up for adoption?" as if it's that easy. Not only is pregnancy a long process that no one should be put through if they don't wish to be, but babies don't get adopted immediately and I don't think it's fair to but them through that.


You are correct, pregnancy is a big thing to  go through. However, this is the babies life, life is so important. It is so huge and important, 9 months of pregnancy is dwarfed in comparison. And yes, especially if the person was forced to engage in conception unwillingly and did not have any want for a baby it is not fair fir them to go through that. But bearing through it is on of the many hard parts of life. Life is unfair, it's just the way it is. But who do you think is ripped of more. A woman losing 9 months of her normal lifestyle and enduring labor and other pains instead, or a baby who never got to experience life at all? I think it's pretty obvious the aborted baby's predicament is much worse than the woman who didn't have an abortion.


I have more empathy for the woman who's already been born than for the unborn baby, actually. 
 
However,  it's not just 9 months of her life. A mother will always feel like she lost a part of her and the guilt will probably follow her for the rest of her life. She'll always be hoping she made the right decision.
 
But by giving her baby up for adoption she'll only have more to worry about. She'll think about whether or not her baby was put into a good home in hands of good parents or if she/he is still in the system, waiting to be adopted, wondering why she/he was given up, if she/he wasn't good enough, looking for answers and asking questions that shouldn't have to be asked.  And if her child tries to find her later in life, she'll be even more scared that she/he will hate her. As if abortion isn't hard enough.
 
 I think it's only right that a girl or woman have the option to abort her baby or put it up for adoption. Both are horrible choices and neither are really right but should it not be a decision rather than a law?

sig


Abortion.

Posted By:
MaterialSlop Lock
MaterialSlop
Member since:
June, 2013
StarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 73

"Neonn" wrote:




The person should bear through those 9 months, then they can put the child up for adoption immediately after birth if they want.


Saying its okay because the fetus is not developed is not right either. It's a developing  person. Saying its okay to kill a fetus is like saying its okay to kill a born child because it is not a fully developed adult.


Lastly, saying that its okay because the fetus will not feel it is, in my opinion, ridiculous. There are plenty of ways to kill people without them feeling pain. How could that possibly make it right? It can't.



1. Oh, yes. Because birthing isn't painful in any way whatsoever. Personally, I don't think children would have a very enjoyable time upon realizing that "they were a mistake" anyways. I suppose you think that safe love is wrong, too? Or doing it alone? Wasted biological material, eh?

2. Except fetuses are not children. They're GOING to be children, but at the time being, they're just blobs of flesh receiving sustenance. [Still, advanced development fetuses shouldn't be aborted, in my opinion.]

3. It's wrong to kill people because they have memories and emotions. Even if it is painless, it is still wrong, because you take everything away. An early fetus has no memories, nor emotions. If it can be disposed of painlessly, it shouldn't matter. They don't lose anything. A fetus cannot become sad that it wasn't born, it's not possible. Some other lucky swimmer may take their place as a child, at the time when the mother is actually ready.



Abortion.

Posted By:
classicalmusicisepic
classicalmusicisepic
Member since:
April, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 4803
I think abortion is right.
Abortion isn't compulsory. Correct? If the mother AND baby are dying, they should at least attempt to save one. In Ireland (where I live) it's illegal. I find it infuriating, because the reason being that it's against the Christian faith. 
I'm also pro abortion if some poor girl is unwillingly forced into doing it, and she gets pregnant. Even if she's not young, because when that child grows up and her still mentally damaged, that child will be a living memory of what happened with her.


bring me the horizon ♥


Abortion.

Posted By:
Neonn
Neonn
Member since:
August, 2012
StarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 54

"Evea" wrote:



"Neonn" wrote:








"Evea" wrote:






I don't believe abortion is morally justifiable in certain situations but I do feel that the choice should be up to the woman and no one else.





I personally don't understand people who say  "Why can't the woman just have the baby and put it up for adoption?" as if it's that easy. Not only is pregnancy a long process that no one should be put through if they don't wish to be, but babies don't get adopted immediately and I don't think it's fair to but them through that.


You are correct, pregnancy is a big thing to  go through. However, this is the babies life, life is so important. It is so huge and important, 9 months of pregnancy is dwarfed in comparison. And yes, especially if the person was forced to engage in conception unwillingly and did not have any want for a baby it is not fair fir them to go through that. But bearing through it is on of the many hard parts of life. Life is unfair, it's just the way it is. But who do you think is ripped of more. A woman losing 9 months of her normal lifestyle and enduring labor and other pains instead, or a baby who never got to experience life at all? I think it's pretty obvious the aborted baby's predicament is much worse than the woman who didn't have an abortion.


I have more empathy for the woman who's already been born than for the unborn baby, actually. 
 
However,  it's not just 9 months of her life. A mother will always feel like she lost a part of her and the guilt will probably follow her for the rest of her life. She'll always be hoping she made the right decision.
 
But by giving her baby up for adoption she'll only have more to worry about. She'll think about whether or not her baby was put into a good home in hands of good parents or if she/he is still in the system, waiting to be adopted, wondering why she/he was given up, if she/he wasn't good enough, looking for answers and asking questions that shouldn't have to be asked.  And if her child tries to find her later in life, she'll be even more scared that she/he will hate her. As if abortion isn't hard enough.
 
 I think it's only right that a girl or woman have the option to abort her baby or put it up for adoption. Both are horrible choices and neither are really right but should it not be a decision rather than a law?

Yes. But considering that the baby can;t make a choice, its needs to be a law.

Abortion.

Posted By:
Neonn
Neonn
Member since:
August, 2012
StarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 54

"MaterialSlop" wrote:



"Neonn" wrote:






The person should bear through those 9 months, then they can put the child up for adoption immediately after birth if they want.



Saying its okay because the fetus is not developed is not right either. It's a developing  person. Saying its okay to kill a fetus is like saying its okay to kill a born child because it is not a fully developed adult.



Lastly, saying that its okay because the fetus will not feel it is, in my opinion, ridiculous. There are plenty of ways to kill people without them feeling pain. How could that possibly make it right? It can't.



1. Oh, yes. Because birthing isn't painful in any way whatsoever. Personally, I don't think children would have a very enjoyable time upon realizing that "they were a mistake" anyways. I suppose you think that safe love is wrong, too? Or doing it alone? Wasted biological material, eh?

2. Except fetuses are not children. They're GOING to be children, but at the time being, they're just blobs of flesh receiving sustenance. [Still, advanced development fetuses shouldn't be aborted, in my opinion.]

3. It's wrong to kill people because they have memories and emotions. Even if it is painless, it is still wrong, because you take everything away. An early fetus has no memories, nor emotions. If it can be disposed of painlessly, it shouldn't matter. They don't lose anything. A fetus cannot become sad that it wasn't born, it's not possible. Some other lucky swimmer may take their place as a child, at the time when the mother is actually ready.


1.I know birthing must be very painful however I think because there's someone life on the line it is worth it. As for your assumptions on my views on other topics they are ignorant and unrelated, unless you can read my mind as I did not mention those two things in my post.

2. As I stated in an earlier post, because it is not  fully developed doesn't make it right, i.e killing a child because he/she is not a "developed" adult yet.

3. Your own statement contradicts itself. First you say that it is wrong to kill a person because  of their memories and emotions. Then you say the fetus has none of those to lose and isn't sad because it wasn't born. I'm pretty sure if you killed an adult he wouldn't notice losing anything either or be sad because he's dead.


Abortion.

Posted By:
Evea
Evea
Member since:
June, 2013
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 475

"Neonn" wrote:



"Evea" wrote:






"Neonn" wrote:











"Evea" wrote:








I don't believe abortion is morally justifiable in certain situations but I do feel that the choice should be up to the woman and no one else.






I personally don't understand people who say  "Why can't the woman just have the baby and put it up for adoption?" as if it's that easy. Not only is pregnancy a long process that no one should be put through if they don't wish to be, but babies don't get adopted immediately and I don't think it's fair to but them through that.


You are correct, pregnancy is a big thing to  go through. However, this is the babies life, life is so important. It is so huge and important, 9 months of pregnancy is dwarfed in comparison. And yes, especially if the person was forced to engage in conception unwillingly and did not have any want for a baby it is not fair fir them to go through that. But bearing through it is on of the many hard parts of life. Life is unfair, it's just the way it is. But who do you think is ripped of more. A woman losing 9 months of her normal lifestyle and enduring labor and other pains instead, or a baby who never got to experience life at all? I think it's pretty obvious the aborted baby's predicament is much worse than the woman who didn't have an abortion.


I have more empathy for the woman who's already been born than for the unborn baby, actually. 
 
However,  it's not just 9 months of her life. A mother will always feel like she lost a part of her and the guilt will probably follow her for the rest of her life. She'll always be hoping she made the right decision.
 
But by giving her baby up for adoption she'll only have more to worry about. She'll think about whether or not her baby was put into a good home in hands of good parents or if she/he is still in the system, waiting to be adopted, wondering why she/he was given up, if she/he wasn't good enough, looking for answers and asking questions that shouldn't have to be asked.  And if her child tries to find her later in life, she'll be even more scared that she/he will hate her. As if abortion isn't hard enough.
 
 I think it's only right that a girl or woman have the option to abort her baby or put it up for adoption. Both are horrible choices and neither are really right but should it not be a decision rather than a law?

Yes. But considering that the baby can't make a choice, its needs to be a law.



No. Because a woman shouldn't be denied the choice to do what she wishes with her body no matter what. 

The only thing that making abortion illegal is going to do is make business for criminals, just like everything else. The activity will never stop. Banning it is only driving it underground.


sig


Abortion.

Posted By:
TearsInTheRain Lock
TearsInTheRain
Member since:
May, 2013
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 849

"Evea" wrote:

No. Because a woman shouldn't be denied the choice to do what she wishes with her body no matter what. 

The only thing that making abortion illegal is going to do is make business for criminals, just like everything else. The activity will never stop. Banning it is only driving it underground.


You're not only dealing with a woman's body in the same sense as making it legal to dress how she pleases, style her hair how she pleases, etc., because you're introducing another organism that will inevitably grow into a human being into the problem. 


I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...


Abortion.

Posted By:
Evea
Evea
Member since:
June, 2013
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 475

"TearsInTheRain" wrote:



"Evea" wrote:


No. Because a woman shouldn't be denied the choice to do what she wishes with her body no matter what. 

The only thing that making abortion illegal is going to do is make business for criminals, just like everything else. The activity will never stop. Banning it is only driving it underground.


You're not only dealing with a woman's body in the same sense as making it legal to dress how she pleases, style her hair how she pleases, etc., because you're introducing another organism that will inevitably grow into a human being into the problem. 

That will grow into a human. I care more about the woman or girl who I can actually interact with and hear the distress in her voice than some hypothetical person who isn't yet born. You can't miss what you never had. 

Now, if the baby is at full term then I'd say abortion shouldn't happen. At full term it has a heart and a name and gender and weight and a brain and it looks like you. It's ready to come out. Even though I believe life isn't given until you actually enter the universe, I think it's a little too late to give it up by then. 


sig


Abortion.

Posted By:
RukiaKuchiki1
RukiaKuchiki1
Member since:
June, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 3438
It's her body. She can do whatever she wants with it. Although,I would prefer Adoption. The baby when in the womb,it is does not have feelings. All it does is eat and kick. So it could not feel anything.

GIN ICHIMARU!!!!

Oliver my favorite Vocaloid.

Vocaloid Oliver


Abortion.

Posted By:
Neonn
Neonn
Member since:
August, 2012
StarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 54

"RukiaKuchiki1" wrote:

It's her body. She can do whatever she wants with it. Although,I would prefer Adoption. The baby when in the womb,it is does not have feelings. All it does is eat and kick. So it could not feel anything.

How does feeling it have anything to do with it? There's a lot of ways you could kill somebody without them feeling it.

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Ben C and Martin?

Does everyone's opinion truly matter?

A thrilling ride to WIN big!

Do you think saying "shut up" to someone i...

What's everyone doing for halloween?

Ben C and Martin?

latest videos