Kw-halloween-logo-small

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Do you think Cursing Online is wrong?

Posted By:
mainmuffin
mainmuffin
StarStarStarStarStar
I think it's fine... o-o

Posted By:
maykala
maykala
StarStar
TOTALLY
I mean even if it an adult site kids could fake there age so you shouldn't curse anywhere online.There are kids here people!I mean if you want to curse it so badly go into your bathroom and curse all you want!

Posted By:
awesomeemze
awesomeemze
Star
The only thing close to a curse word u can say online should be cr@p.

LIKE A BOSS!!!

Posted By:
sjamedic
sjamedic
Star
Wow well this is an interesting debate. Most of the posts seem to convey a general consensus of 'wrong' although there are people answering with common sense like I'm going to, for which I am glad. In my opinion cursing or swearing isn't wrong. It's just language. I appreciate there are different levels of it, and when directed at somebody can cause offence or upset. However, in the UK certainly I have increasingly noticed kids of younger and younger ages using stronger and stronger language, including a four letter word which is generally accepted as being the worst word to use. I have also noticed, shockingly, more and more parents swear not only around kids but also directly at them when they misbehave. On account of these two points my question is 'what is left to shield them from?' I also think if there are children lucky enough not to be sworn at by parents or are overly sheltered, as they get older and go to Junior school and high school (sorry I don't know how other countries education systems work) and they interact with kids that do swear or get sworn at, they'll very quickly become exposed to it in a very harsh way. I think we need to stop being told by adults and stop telling each other that swearing is bad, the worst thing you can do, and actually treat swear words as we do any other word. Because surely if the stigma that they are bad vile words was removed, so would the shock and offence reaction also be removed. So, in conclusion, no I don't think swearing online is wrong at all. You can't censor the real world so why try online? In the long run online censorship makes no difference.

Posted By:
HerdOfPianos
HerdOfPianos
StarStarStar
It really only depends on the environment. I think if it were a social media network, and someone called you a really bad word, it would be appropriate. But, only do it tastefully. Like, KW is not the place. There are some smaller kids that get on here and the last they need is to repeat a word to their parents. 

Yeah, yeah
My life in a nutshell

Posted By:
Hippiegirl97
Hippiegirl97
StarStarStarStar

I don't believe that cursing is okay anywhere. This is my belief, if you want to curse that's up to you. I'm just saying that, yes kids are going to hear curse words, but not everyone wants to hear them. I believe that kids should be kept safe, this includes not being exposed to cursing. I'm sixteen, I know the words, but I still don't want to hear them, online or elsewhere. I believe that cursing is vulgar, rude, and wrong, no matter where it's used.

I love God, because God loves me.
God loves me, because he made me.
God made me, because he makes people.
God makes people. because he wants some one to love.
God wants some one to love, because he is love.

Posted By:
Candygirlxxxx
Candygirlxxxx
StarStarStar
I think it is completely utterly wrong 

Posted By:
Syosa Lock
Syosa
Star
No. It's only annoying when it's a kid doing it because they think they're s0 3dgy.
Besides, there are many websites out there where there are no children. If the site's rules especially prohibit cursing, then you just don't do that. 

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez
StarStarStarStarStar

"Syosa" wrote:

If the site's rules especially prohibit cursing, then you just don't do that. 

can we get this framed? 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next →

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

We the Kidz

We the Kidz

We the Kidz

We the Kidz

We the Kidz

We the Kidz

latest videos