Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Is yelling at kids as harmful as spanking them?

Posted By:
AngelAlisha Lock
AngelAlisha
StarStarStar

my opinion :

You need to be very careful of the words you choose when speaking to your children. The children absorb everything you say and it becomes a part of the person that they grow up to be.

When you yell you are out of control and it does not help an out of control child to calm down if they sense the adults around them are out of control too.

what do u think guys ?

Alisha Angel smile

Posted By:
Jelly3
Jelly3
StarStarStarStarStar
I agree. But spanking them is wrong too. 

Posted By:
Stargirlxx
Stargirlxx
StarStarStarStar
Sometimes, if really strong words are said, yelling is so much worse than getting slapped. So I guess it really depends on the situation...

Posted By:
ML_Leslie
ML_Leslie
StarStarStarStar

"Jelly3" wrote:

I agree. But spanking them is wrong too. 

Spanking a kid when they need it is not wrong in any way so long as its not there face, neck, or chest aria.  Different kids need different punishments (we don't all learn the same way)

I'm not dead yet...

The further you are sunk a lie, the more hurt you will be later when you hear the truth. It's harsh, but its reality. Someone has got to break it to you eventually, I choose to tell you early. Why? Because I care, Because I don't want you to suffer like others I have watched give up on everything

Posted By:
DragonflyBoy01
DragonflyBoy01
StarStar
I think yelling is worse than spanking. Yelling tears a kid down and makes them feel like they aren't worth anything. It can make them feeel like their parents don't care about them and it only helps the parent. Some kida need to get spanked to learn. Some need to get grounded or have things taken away but yelling is never good.

My parents said I could be anything I wanted so I became AWESOME!!!!

Posted By:
Blonde_N_Pink Lock
Blonde_N_Pink
StarStar
It depends on what kind of mistakes have kids done, so I guess spanking is worse than yelling

Posted By:
InternetOwl
InternetOwl
StarStarStarStar

It depends on how loud you yell, what words you use and what sort of child it is. For spanking, it depends on where and how hard you actually slap. For a younger child yelling would be worse as it can be scary too but for an older child spanking would probably be seen as embarrassing and it would hurt a bit too, making worse for that child.

Posted By:
Theocrat Lock
Theocrat
StarStarStarStar
yelling isn't exactly the psychological torture people make it out to be

really

i am neurotic and totally illogical

Posted By:
blakbutterfly
blakbutterfly
StarStarStarStarStar
In my opinion spanking is no good. Just really wrong. But yelling is something that has to be done. Under some real strict conditions like without the usage of inappropriate language, being too loud that it scares the kid, and its a matter of the age of the kid your talking to. We yell at kids to bring them on right track. Not mentally wear them out. So i support the right type of yelling. On the other hand, accidentally or purposely even, i don't support spanking kids. Its just abusing them and i'm very much against it. You have to talk to kids if they are wrong.

Footsteps In The Sand

Joseph Morgan is my love

Posted By:
TearsInTheRain Lock
TearsInTheRain
StarStarStarStar
Yelling at kids is equally damaging as spanking them. Neither stop the child from doing whatever the parent wanted them to stop doing, and both have the potential to cause behavior problems or depression for the kid. That's what the research says, anyway. 

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

new here

Describe kidzworld in 1 word

speak about the above user

latest videos