Kw-logo-holiday

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Should bullies be charged with murder if their victims commit suicide

Posted By:
Jolly-Rancher206
Jolly-Rancher206
StarStarStarStarStar
This is such a difficult question. Honestly, I say no.
It's not just bullying, there are a lot of internal factors from the victims themselves that leads to suicide. If we're truthful, we've all bullied someone at one point in our lives (whether we realize it or not). Bullying is horrible. It's heartwrenching to see, but legislation isn't the way to go. This nightmare will only end when the indifferent bystanders like you and I stand up when we see it and do what's right. 

Posted By:
Theocrat Lock
Theocrat
StarStarStarStar
jesus, no

not even manslaughter, nothing

i am neurotic and totally illogical

Posted By:
-Allie-
-Allie-
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
Everyone would be in jail.

Don't talk ABOUT me when I'm not here, because you weren't worthy of talking TO me when I was.

Don't talk negatively about other people's looks when you're too much of a coward to show your picture for others to do the same.

Lastly, and most importantly -

I Support Equal Rights

Posted By:
saveyou
saveyou
StarStarStarStarStar
No, here's why.
Murder's a big, big crime. Bullying is a broad, broad word. Let's say today Becky called 9 people names playing around. Of course, someone may take that seriously, and commit suicide. Shall we arrest her?
*leaves*

Quotes!
SPOILER

Posted By:
xX*NinjaBubblez*Xx
xX*NinjaBubblez*Xx
StarStarStar
I think not, they already know why that person. Committed suicide so they already have to deal with that for the rest of their lives...

skin on skin
blood and bone
your all by your self
but your not alone
you wanted in
and now your here
driven by hate
consumed by fear

- Bodies Drowning Pool
RIP Dave Williams

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez
StarStarStarStarStar
No. This would be horrible.

The vast majority of people who are bullied do not kill themselves. It is a select few people who are bullied, and have numerous other consistently negative things going on in their life that end up causing them to kill themselves. Just about nobody kills themselves just because of bullying. And even in the cases of those that do, it would not make sense to charge a bully with murder. A bully would have little to no way of knowing if their victim is going to kill themselves, or at what point they were going to do it. And since most cases aren't from exclusively bullying, there's really no way to know what exactly was the last straw, so to speak. And would it really matter what it was, anyways? I think it's irresponsible to charge someone for what is ultimately someone else's decision, even if they helped influence that decision. 

Bullies are often victims themselves, and this is something that so often gets overlooked in these topics. People want to support the victims of bullying, by fighting bullies. That's not going to work. There will always be bullies. And you're really just hurting more people. The only way you can effectively stop bullying is to look at the cause of it. Why are people bullying? Often times bullies have pretty bad home lives. They don't usually have as many real friends, even the ones that seem popular. Sometimes bullies don't even realize that they're bullying others, they see it as joking around or roughhousing. You have to look at the root causes, and try to find solutions there. 

Edit: that was an embarrassing mistake I hope nobody saw

Posted By:
blingluver369
blingluver369
StarStarStar
Well of course because people are responsible for their own words or actions. Too many people are killing themselves because of bullying. No one should bully anyone else because it is WRONG! I feel bad for kids who get bullied severely. LETS STOP BULLYING! SHARE THIS MESSAGE WITH 5 OF YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU WANT TO AT LEAST TRY TO STOP THESE CRUEL HATEFUL PEOPLE FROM BULLYING!!!!

~blingluver369~

Posted By:
Team Audi #46
Team Audi #46
StarStarStarStarStar
If you truly want this to happen, murder isn't the charge you want. You would need another charge that would fit. Psychological  murder is more fitting, thought that broadens the range of people to imprison.  

^That up there, though, is a stupid idea. You would have so many juveniles that wouldn't belong in Juvie. The detectives would have to decipher what is psychological murder and what is just plain suicide.

It wouldn't work. It would just cause more problems that we don't need. Bullies are jerks but, some victims need to be more confident. Like sucks. That's just how it is. YOU need to find a way to get through and make it fun so you aren't just some depressed person mowing their way through life. 

Crota

"I am Crota......... And I'm coming......."

Posted By:
Stargirlxx
Stargirlxx
StarStarStarStar
No. First of all, people rarely end their lives just because of one person. So does that mean you should charge everyone that called the victim a name since kindergarten for murder?

Posted By:
ML_Leslie
ML_Leslie
StarStarStarStar

"blingluver369" wrote:

Well of course because people are responsible for their own words or actions. Too many people are killing themselves because of bullying. No one should bully anyone else because it is WRONG! I feel bad for kids who get bullied severely. LETS STOP BULLYING! SHARE THIS MESSAGE WITH 5 OF YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU WANT TO AT LEAST TRY TO STOP THESE CRUEL HATEFUL PEOPLE FROM BULLYING!!!!

Yes people are responsible for there words and actions however so is the one who commits suicide over someone's words be it over the internet or not.  (I will say this now bullying is horrible and it should never happen to anyone)  However they can not be charged with murder if they themselves did not actually commit a murder.  If the victim of bullying kills themselves (sadly that would be there choice) then that responsibility of there death is on the victim for killing themselves not the harasser. 
So no they should not be charged for a crime such as murder (considering that's taking it to far in a sense that murder is the intent to kill someone) when bullying usually and most often never has the goal of killing applied to it. 

I'm not dead yet...

The further you are sunk a lie, the more hurt you will be later when you hear the truth. It's harsh, but its reality. Someone has got to break it to you eventually, I choose to tell you early. Why? Because I care, Because I don't want you to suffer like others I have watched give up on everything

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

play online games

Hour-of-code-tumb

Codey the troll is lost! Help him avoid obstacles and get back into the computer...

Candy-quest-feature

Your troll is lost! Help it avoid obstacles and get back into the computer.

Fo...

Dragon-dash

Your dragon must return to guard the treasure! Help it gather lost coins and avo...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properties to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be r...

1005_cc_kidz_100x100_vlh

Candy's got her candies into a terrible mess, can you help her to sort them out?

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

_thumb_100x100

Bloons 2 is here! A worthy and awesome sequel at last to our original Bloons gam...

Frostbox_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Pierce the Veil vs. Sleeping With Sirens

whats your Personality

Thinking Which Cartoon Character Are You? ...

Thinking Which Cartoon Character Are You? ...

fav books/genres!-moved

The Six Types Of People You Will Friend On KW

latest videos