Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Is it okay for kids under the age of 16 to have Facebook, social networking. accounts on the Internet?

Posted By:
AngelAlisha Lock
AngelAlisha
Member since:
October, 2013
StarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 34

It won't accomplish anything.

 

Bullying has been a thing since before your parents were born. We're simply more aware of it now. Why? Well, because social media exists. It's easier for information to spread now than ever before. So you think bullying has increased, but no. You just know more about it. Cyber bullying is just a modernized version of what was taking place in your parents schoolyard. 

You say you've watched cyber bully, I saw it too and it is extremely painful to watch. But then you probably saw the part where they told her she could print the page and show it to someone. That's what we should show kids. Telling them what they should do if it happens BEFORE it happens. They should know bullying is a crime and will be punished. Most schools have a zero tolerance policy. Tell them, educate kids explain the consequences of bullying on the bullied and the bully. Don't shut them off from social interactions just because you think they can't handle themselves. The internet is simply a tool for bullying and there are many others. Stop the problem from the source: the kids themselves.


Alisha Angel smile


Is it okay for kids under the age of 16 to have Facebook, social networking. accounts on the Internet?

Posted By:
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen
Member since:
June, 2013
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 6389
Bullying happens everywhere, social networking or not. I believe as long as they're sticking to the website's guidelines for age, there is no problem with kids to be on social networks. The age limits are there for a reason, but it is a good thing to actually expose children to the internet while they can still be monitored and influenced. 

Name

Signature

I Support Equal Rights


Is it okay for kids under the age of 16 to have Facebook, social networking. accounts on the Internet?

Posted By:
-Allie-
-Allie-
Member since:
August, 2008
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 7065
One "answer" from a popular debate site copied and pasted from the same title. Interesting read...

Don't talk ABOUT me when I'm not here, because you weren't worthy of talking TO me when I was.

Don't talk negatively about other people's looks when you're too much of a coward to show your picture for others to do the same.

Lastly, and most importantly -

I Support Equal Rights


Is it okay for kids under the age of 16 to have Facebook, social networking. accounts on the Internet?

Posted By:
Jelly3
Jelly3
Member since:
March, 2013
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 7100

"-Allie-" wrote:

One "answer" from a popular debate site copied and pasted from the same title. Interesting read...


Siggy Badge made by Kirsten. :)


Is it okay for kids under the age of 16 to have Facebook, social networking. accounts on the Internet?

Posted By:
TearsInTheRain Lock
TearsInTheRain
Member since:
May, 2013
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 849

"-Allie-" wrote:

One "answer" from a popular debate site copied and pasted from the same title. Interesting read...


Kind of like all of her threads, lol. But at least it's a good start.  

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...


Is it okay for kids under the age of 16 to have Facebook, social networking. accounts on the Internet?

Posted By:
-Allie-
-Allie-
Member since:
August, 2008
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 7065

"TearsInTheRain" wrote:



"-Allie-" wrote:


One "answer" from a popular debate site copied and pasted from the same title. Interesting read...


Kind of like all of her threads, lol. But at least it's a good start.  
Oh! you're right. Same site too. Sad, its not creative. Sad

Don't talk ABOUT me when I'm not here, because you weren't worthy of talking TO me when I was.

Don't talk negatively about other people's looks when you're too much of a coward to show your picture for others to do the same.

Lastly, and most importantly -

I Support Equal Rights


Is it okay for kids under the age of 16 to have Facebook, social networking. accounts on the Internet?

Posted By:
♥Kittiie♥
♥Kittiie♥
Member since:
March, 2013
StarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 50
Bullying has been around ever since the human race started. Some people even went as far as petitions to make bullying illegal. But that will never happen. The first amendmant of the United States is Freedom of Speech. I'm not saying bullying is good or it should be allowed but it won't ever go away. It's something we have to deal with and realize that some people have nothing better to do than sit behind a computer and ruin someone else's day or life. When I first got cyberbullied it changed my life. I became suicidal for about 3 years and I still am sorta. I will never, ever, no matter how much I dislike the person will bully them. Defending yourself and bullying are two different things. And anyone who is feeling suicidal please call a hotline or even add me and pm me. My life goal is to make beautiful people feel like they're worth something in this world. No one should ever feel lonely in this world, because the ugly truth is you're not alone.

♥ ia - chan ♥

Gif of ia - chan


Is it okay for kids under the age of 16 to have Facebook, social networking. accounts on the Internet?

Posted By:
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen
Member since:
June, 2013
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 6389

"♥Kittiie♥" wrote:

Bullying has been around ever since the human race started. Some people even went as far as petitions to make bullying illegal. But that will never happen. The first amendmant of the United States is Freedom of Speech. I'm not saying bullying is good or it should be allowed but it won't ever go away. It's something we have to deal with and realize that some people have nothing better to do than sit behind a computer and ruin someone else's day or life. When I first got cyberbullied it changed my life. I became suicidal for about 3 years and I still am sorta. I will never, ever, no matter how much I dislike the person will bully them. Defending yourself and bullying are two different things. And anyone who is feeling suicidal please call a hotline or even add me and pm me. My life goal is to make beautiful people feel like they're worth something in this world. No one should ever feel lonely in this world, because the ugly truth is you're not alone.


Except bullying actually is illegal.  

Name

Signature

I Support Equal Rights


Is it okay for kids under the age of 16 to have Facebook, social networking. accounts on the Internet?

Posted By:
brunostar
brunostar
Member since:
February, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Online
Posts: 13130
ya

Devil TongueHangoverFrustrated NoseWink GrinCool GrinEnragedHurtAngel Wink




DevilShoutBlushWink GrinCool TongueEmbarrassedGrinClown


Is it okay for kids under the age of 16 to have Facebook, social networking. accounts on the Internet?

Posted By:
scn71402_1900221 Lock
scn71402_1900221
Member since:
September, 2011
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 1019
I don't think that facebook account is a mandatory thing for everyone who uses internet. There are tons of various other websites. Nobody has to have a facebook to be a full right internet user. Otherwise, they will not know other websites except facebook. If facebook will be down, or less used, or less popular, then they will by pro-facebook propaganda preach that facebook servers should be overloaded. No server can handle 6 billion people active simultaneously.

The hate can't die by hate, but only with love (Buddha)


← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Big_icon_(5)

Tic Tac Toe is back!

latest forum posts

What came first the chicken or the egg?

What's your pet?

Words that start with C.

What's your pet?

What's your pet?

love triangle of death... WHAT?!

latest videos