Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Do You Think Kids Should Have Shorter Summer Vacations?

Posted By:
pixiepollow4
pixiepollow4
Star
Okay, so this is an educational topic. My basic question is do you think kids should have shorter summer vacations? Let me know what you think.

JADEY!

Posted By:
mustache135
mustache135
StarStar
no way kids need time to have some fun and hang with friends     youre brain needs a long break from school

Big Grin the vet

Posted By:
donnabug13
donnabug13
StarStarStarStarStar
NO
They already shortened it by a few weeks! NO.

mods are asleep post ponies
Ask me about anything and I'll try to help you as much as I can :'D

Posted By:
Carlsen
Carlsen
StarStarStarStar

no the summer holliday I t is to short already

Posted By:
lovelyearth101
lovelyearth101
StarStarStar
no way!!!!! we should have shorter school years!!!

The Doctor will come soon. I know it.- Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, Amy Pond, River Song

Posted By:
Nimsajeay
Nimsajeay
StarStarStarStarStar
For those who are posting in here:  Guys, please stop going off of opinions like "no way i dis like skool so i want more summer" and debate it in an intellectual way writing pros and cons, and actually debating each other.  Thanks!  

My actual post:

I think that summer break should be about two or three months. Not because of disliking school or liking school, but from an educational point of view.  

The way that the education system in the U.S. right now is terrible, and to me, you learn more during Summer.  While in most schools you hear a teacher ramble on for hours and learn only that 100 pennies make a dollar in an hour lecture, in Summer, you get hands-on learning.  Say your uncle is a mural painter and you go visit him for a week during Summer.  You might pick up on a few things that he says about that, or help him out with a project.  People shouldn't just learn math and science, but also hands-on stuff.  And for those that just sit around playing video games all day, Summer isn't too long where they'll forget everything they learned (even though you probably didn't learn that much due to the terrible education system).

All new users please search "Saveyou's unhelpful guide to KW", it will teach you all about what to expect. It should've gotten stickied, if you ask me.

This sentence of my sig is dedicated to Tyco (tycotickles/tycolovesyou), James (HeyThereI'mJames), and the other James (NachozRule) May they always be apart of KW.

Posted By:
mizisawesome
mizisawesome
StarStarStar
No Way. Its already to short.

Posted By:
Seth100
Seth100
StarStarStar

"Nimsajeay" wrote:

For those who are posting in here:  Guys, please stop going off of opinions like "no way i dis like skool so i want more summer" and debate it in an intellectual way writing pros and cons, and actually debating each other.  Thanks!  

My actual post:

I think that summer break should be about two or three months. Not because of disliking school or liking school, but from an educational point of view.  

The way that the education system in the U.S. right now is terrible, and to me, you learn more during Summer.  While in most schools you hear a teacher ramble on for hours and learn only that 100 pennies make a dollar in an hour lecture, in Summer, you get hands-on learning.  Say your uncle is a mural painter and you go visit him for a week during Summer.  You might pick up on a few things that he says about that, or help him out with a project.  People shouldn't just learn math and science, but also hands-on stuff.  And for those that just sit around playing video games all day, Summer isn't too long where they'll forget everything they learned (even though you probably didn't learn that much due to the terrible education system).

The people who are saying that dislike school is a debate still because a debate is your opinion and whoever wants to reply back to that opinion then it become more of a debate but still a debate and also school teach hands on things in high school 

Posted By:
singingstar25
singingstar25
StarStarStarStar
Well, Where I live Summer Vacation is WAY to short.. 
They keep taking more days away each year.. So no..

But then, I think we should have more school to be more prepared for your next grade level.
A good education comes before anything else. And most kids just sit there and do nothing.
Most kids in Africa don't have school. They want school to learn something and to do something fun with there lives.. But then we have us begging for more technology It's wrong... So Yes!

Some people call me obsessed, But I say I'm dedicated.
DEFINITELY ME!!
its gotta be u

Liam, Harry, Louis, Niall, and Zayn ♥

Directioner officially for, four years #Proud ♥

Posted By:
Nimsajeay
Nimsajeay
StarStarStarStarStar

"Seth100" wrote:

"Nimsajeay" wrote:

My actual post:

The people who are saying that dislike school is a debate still because a debate is your opinion and whoever wants to reply back to that opinion then it become more of a debate but still a debate and also school teach hands on things in high school 

Yes, and no.  It's still a debate, sure, but a good (and intellectual) debate has facts backing the opinions and not just opinions.  And by the time kids get to high school, they don't care about hands on things because the education system has been so bad their whole career in school, because there was nothing hands on, and it's just been horrible, so it's a bit too late.

All new users please search "Saveyou's unhelpful guide to KW", it will teach you all about what to expect. It should've gotten stickied, if you ask me.

This sentence of my sig is dedicated to Tyco (tycotickles/tycolovesyou), James (HeyThereI'mJames), and the other James (NachozRule) May they always be apart of KW.

← Previous 1 3

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Do Ghosts Exist?

Rate The Profile Pic Above You.

The Fault In Our Stars #tfio

latest videos