Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Should It Be Okay For People To Have Relationships In Real Life As Well As Online?

Posted By:
CookieAngel
CookieAngel
Member since:
June, 2011
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 936
I see this happen very often, on how there's normally a person who both dates in real life and online, to which the person whom is dating in both worlds is dating two (or even more) people. Take it like this; the person is dating someone in real life, whilst they may be going out with another different person or collection of people online. Not online as in online dating, but in an online game.

Given the scenario that both people (or just the real girlfriend/boyfriend) doesn't know about this, what is your opinion on people dating in real life and in online gaming sites at the same time? I would like to hear your arguments and opinions on this.

Love And Tolerate

Fire Orbital Friendship Beam


Should It Be Okay For People To Have Relationships In Real Life As Well As Online?

Posted By:
Yeliak
Yeliak
Member since:
May, 2010
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 1036
Wait, whats the difference between online dating and gaming dating? They are pretty similar to me. Heres something to ponder~ Are both relationships equal? It seems like it would be hard to balance each relationship the same way. I feel like it can be different if either relationship had more weight and meaning than the other. Honestly, if you have a serious relationship offline, you are pretty much cheating on them with someone online. Vice versa. Either way, if you agreed to have a relationship with one person, it should stay that way. Unless the opposite person agrees and is fine with it.


Should It Be Okay For People To Have Relationships In Real Life As Well As Online?

Posted By:
AlphaT
AlphaT
Member since:
April, 2011
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 7687

"Yeliak" wrote:

Wait, whats the difference between online dating and gaming dating? They are pretty similar to me. Heres something to ponder~ Are both relationships equal? It seems like it would be hard to balance each relationship the same way. I feel like it can be different if either relationship had more weight and meaning than the other. Honestly, if you have a serious relationship offline, you are pretty much cheating on them with someone online. Vice versa. Either way, if you agreed to have a relationship with one person, it should stay that way. Unless the opposite person agrees and is fine with it.
Gaming dating is totally different. There's a good chance you guys could meet up at PAX or something. Totally different process.




*sigh*I'm afraid that fine roses are as rare as respectable opponents.


Should It Be Okay For People To Have Relationships In Real Life As Well As Online?

Posted By:
AlphaT
AlphaT
Member since:
April, 2011
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 7687

But more to my point...
For me, dating is special. One person dating one person, with a strong commitment to each other. Dating never has been a game to me, I've always taken it seriously. You're building a relationship with someone who could be your future life partner.
So in any scenario, I don't agree with dating more than one person at a time.


*sigh*I'm afraid that fine roses are as rare as respectable opponents.


Should It Be Okay For People To Have Relationships In Real Life As Well As Online?

Posted By:
HunterHayesLover97
HunterHayesLover97
Member since:
August, 2012
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 165

"AlphaT" wrote:



But more to my point...

For me, dating is special. One person dating one person, with a strong commitment to each other. Dating never has been a game to me, I've always taken it seriously. You're building a relationship with someone who could be your future life partner.

So in any scenario, I don't agree with dating more than one person at a time.


^ I agree here 
But expanding upon this, there is a difference between going on a few dates or being in a bf, gf, relationship. If you are in a relationship, I don't think that you should ever have multiple relationships like that at one point. 

----------HunterHayesLover97----------


Should It Be Okay For People To Have Relationships In Real Life As Well As Online?

Posted By:
AlphaT
AlphaT
Member since:
April, 2011
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 7687

"HunterHayesLover97" wrote:



"AlphaT" wrote:






But more to my point...



For me, dating is special. One person dating one person, with a strong commitment to each other. Dating never has been a game to me, I've always taken it seriously. You're building a relationship with someone who could be your future life partner.



So in any scenario, I don't agree with dating more than one person at a time.


^ I agree here 
But expanding upon this, there is a difference between going on a few dates or being in a bf, gf, relationship. If you are in a relationship, I don't think that you should ever have multiple relationships like that at one point. 
I...kind of agree I guess. My only problem like that is that if you establish a connection with two people, you have to make a decision, and it'll be bad news for one person, and its full of drama and yadayadayada. Which is why I personally make a decision to go out with someone, and I don't have any other interests from then on. That might sound like im attached, but im not. I just don't want to date two girls and end up saying no to one, and get into all that drama. Which is why I said, dating is a serious deal.


*sigh*I'm afraid that fine roses are as rare as respectable opponents.


Should It Be Okay For People To Have Relationships In Real Life As Well As Online?

Posted By:
missy_ballet
missy_ballet
Member since:
September, 2013
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 225


Maybe I am different from most people, but I see dating as something that is special!
If you are dating someone face to face, and that person is special to you, then you shouldn't be on-line dating! And vice versa!
And if you doing both, then you shouldn't be lying to either person, especially if you are asked by one or the other if you have a BF/GF!
Just sayin'!

 



DANCE
"The body says what words cannot."
-Martha Graham

thanks for reading my post!! please add me!!!!!


Should It Be Okay For People To Have Relationships In Real Life As Well As Online?

Posted By:
HunterHayesLover97
HunterHayesLover97
Member since:
August, 2012
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 165

"AlphaT" wrote:



"HunterHayesLover97" wrote:








"AlphaT" wrote:












But more to my point...







For me, dating is special. One person dating one person, with a strong commitment to each other. Dating never has been a game to me, I've always taken it seriously. You're building a relationship with someone who could be your future life partner.







So in any scenario, I don't agree with dating more than one person at a time.


^ I agree here 
But expanding upon this, there is a difference between going on a few dates or being in a bf, gf, relationship. If you are in a relationship, I don't think that you should ever have multiple relationships like that at one point. 
I...kind of agree I guess. My only problem like that is that if you establish a connection with two people, you have to make a decision, and it'll be bad news for one person, and its full of drama and yadayadayada. Which is why I personally make a decision to go out with someone, and I don't have any other interests from then on. That might sound like im attached, but im not. I just don't want to date two girls and end up saying no to one, and get into all that drama. Which is why I said, dating is a serious deal.



That's why you establish whether or not you are going somewhere after the first date.  

----------HunterHayesLover97----------


Should It Be Okay For People To Have Relationships In Real Life As Well As Online?

Posted By:
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen
Member since:
June, 2013
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 6286
Personally I think online dating doesn't count as really dating at all. An online relationship is not the same as an actual relationship.
That's not giving people the OK to date online though. I think that dating should be because you truly connect with the person, and have a real relationship- offline.

Name

Signature


Should It Be Okay For People To Have Relationships In Real Life As Well As Online?

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez
Member since:
April, 2009
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 13359
Irrespective of whether or not you think of it as cheating to date two people (whether they be online or offline relationships), there are a lot of problems that come with dating more than one person that a lot of people don't really look at.


← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

Aboartion - Is It Wrong Or Right?

3 Facts About You!

latest videos