Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Does violence in video games, tv, movies, etc effect society? (postive or negative)

Posted By:
SuzieQ567
SuzieQ567
StarStarStar

I think it may have an effect on society. I am kind of torn on how to answer this. Some people have a difficult time on how to separate their times playing video games and their time in reality but I don't think it just happens like that. I have seen things in the news about people who were too obsessed in playing video games that they made a choice that they would probably regret for the rest of their life. Now I feel like some people on here and myself are only talking about the video games part instead of the television and movies part so I will talk about that now as well. I feel like television and movies don't make as big as an impact as video games does on the question you are asking but I haven't seen all television shows and movies so I could be wrong. I am not saying that if you play a video game, you will be messed up for life. Nothing like that. Video games actually help people at times, believe it or not. So I think there are pros and cons on playing video games with violence and watching the television and movies with violence.

Do not define your world in black and white because there is so much hiding amongst the greys.

Does violence in video games, tv, movies, etc effect society? (postive or negative)

Posted By:
Matrixhacker
Matrixhacker
StarStarStarStar
Younger children learn via imitation, therefore they would learn how to be violent and that would be a negative effect. The reason video games and television shows have ratings for "18+" is because once you reach a certain age, your psychological development changes to become less of a "learn via imitation" to more of a "learn by morals w/ experience." Therefore, the effects could be negative OR positive. Video games have been proven to allow one to relax and expand their minds. It is true, though, that certain video games have values that make you want to sock someone in the face, but that's why one must have developed morals to counter that. Television: as long as you know it's fake, you're all good. Same with movies. The effect changes by what state of mind you're in. Therefore, it is impossible to tell whether or not there is a positive or negative social effect on society.

int getRandomNumber() {
return 4; //Chosen by fair number generation
//Guaranteed random
}
01001101 01100001 01110100 01110010 01101001 01111000 01001000 01100001 01100011 01101011 01100101 01110010

In a nutshell

Posted By:
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen
StarStarStarStarStar
It definitely has a negative effect on society. Seeing a lot of blood and violence desensitizes the viewer to such and increases the likelihood of them being able to hurt someone as they've seen.

Name

Signature

I Support Equal Rights

← Previous 1 2 Next →

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Hour-of-code-tumb

Millions of Students will be doing an Hour of Code with Tynker December 8th-14th...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

latest forum posts

What book are you currently reading?

what are your hobbies and interests?

Death Of Friend/family member

I'm Kinda New But Add Me Here

How old are u now??

you love the new look of KW??

latest videos