Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Is bullying really all in your head?

Posted By:
TheHollyAngel123
TheHollyAngel123
StarStar
Yeah. But I love not getting bullied so much, bullying is bad, it is all in my head when I think about it to much O.O

My drawing of Gary Wink Nose

Posted By:
InternetOwl
InternetOwl
StarStarStarStar
No, I wouldn't say so. 
Bullying is a real and serious problem - verbal or physical.
Words hurt, they lower self esteem and can engulf a person in negative thoughts. The human mind will process rude comments negatively, and it's hard to control that. Confident people can ignore those comments, but it's harder for a lot of people. And a lot of people never lash back. 

As for physical bullying, well if someone punches you, for example, you're going to feel pain and there's obviously a reason someone would punch you. 

Posted By:
TheHollyAngel123
TheHollyAngel123
StarStar
Everyone loves it when they don't get bullied much. Yet, it is a serious thing happening to people and I think that's disgraceful for people to get bullied. You get bullied just because for who you are.

My drawing of Gary Wink Nose

Posted By:
Cry_J
Cry_J
StarStarStarStar
If there not physically hurting you then it is all in your head.  Its up to the victim (of verbal bullying) to remind themselves that whatever is said is untrue, then move on. 

If you truly do not believe the words being thrown at you, why should it bother you?

(some do need a helping hand but we all do at some point, its only natural)

You

Kill it with kindness

To the friends i have that reperesent this.

Posted By:
AlphaT
AlphaT
StarStarStarStarStar

"pine" wrote:

I've been bullied plenty of times, and yes, I admit that being punched is uncomfortable & wrong. But if you're not being physically tormented, why would you be affected at all? I've had plenty of verbal abuse before, but I don't have a problem with it.
Yes. It is all in their head. When you overeat, do you blame the food for being so tempting? When you lie, do you say that  the consequences of getting caught are too high? No. So why do we blame bullying, for the actions of the victim? Again, this is all in a mindset of non physical bullying.

Also, like Cry_J said...under certain circumstances its not the receivers fault.

FOOL! My Legend Dates Back to The 11th of 2000!!

Posted By:
DeathInDarkness
DeathInDarkness
StarStarStarStar
No. Bullying is not all in your head. You don't just imagine that you're being bullied. It's not just some sort of thing people can just wake up from. When someone goes around calling people names, making fun of them, mentally torturing them, or whatever, it isn't all in the person's head. It's real, and it certainly feels real. Someone can get bullied and not feel affected by it, but the bullying is still there. I hope you know that bullying is a big problem, and you get fix it by telling the people getting bullied to snap out of it. It just doesn't work that way. 

And, by the way, no one asks to be bullied, be it by words or by any feature they may have. For example, let's say there's a girl with braces, glasses, bad acne, and she doesn't dress like the 'cool' people. It's not her fault that she gets bullied. There's nothing wrong with her. She doesn't sit around thinking, hm, I really want to get bullied today. That's stupid. No one thinks that. And her appearance doesn't have some sort of secret force that takes people in a death-grip and forces them to bully her. The only reason people feel like they need to make fun of her is because society has a certain image of what's 'cool,' and a lot of people feel like they can't accept anyone who's different.

The problem isn't the people being bullied. The problem is the people doing the actual bullying. 

I'm just a prisoner in this jail cell of a planet.

Posted By:
Matrixhacker
Matrixhacker
StarStarStarStar
Bullying is the cause of psychological trauma, so in a sense, yes. However, bullying in of itself is a physical thing present in society that has mental and emotional effects on the victim. Sometimes physical. Therefore, bullying isn't an entirely imaginative object, it actually exists and while it may seem bad to a certain person, it all depends on perspective. Bullying is everywhere when it happens. In your head, on your body, in the emotions around the bystanders, in the bully's head... everywhere.

int getRandomNumber() {
return 4; //Chosen by fair number generation
//Guaranteed random
}
01001101 01100001 01110100 01110010 01101001 01111000 01001000 01100001 01100011 01101011 01100101 01110010

In a nutshell

Posted By:
CandyDreamer Lock
CandyDreamer
StarStarStarStarStar
Bullying is a source of abuse, emotionaly or physically. It is awful and I have been through it plenty of times, and I am currently going through it now. Remember to report it to a responsible adult like your parent or teacher.

Posted By:
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen
StarStarStarStarStar

"pine" wrote:

"Kpop132" wrote:

You said nothing about the person being bullied lashing out.

You're trying to make this an argument or something? Yes, I did not say that in the original post, but that doesn't mean that I can't. Maybe I should delete this topic, assuming that more people are gonna be acting like this.  

You posted a debate. The point of debating is to argue about the topic.

Anyways,  I don't believe bullying is all in your head. Yes, it's psychological when it's words, but you don't choose to take offense to them. You don't get to choose the emotions those words evoke, only how you think and act on them. 

Name

Signature

← Previous 1 2 Next →

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Slap The Keyboard :p

We the Kidz

We the Kidz

What Are You Listening To Right Now - 2014

latest videos