Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Why More School Is A TERRIBLE idea!

Posted By:
RedBengalTiger
RedBengalTiger
StarStarStar
I support more school if that's the direction we're heading in, although what we really need is not more school, but better school. Without trying to brag, I, personally, am a 'smart kid' and what I get out of school just isn't enough to stimulate me - I've barely learned a thing in the past few years, yet I continue to ace tests. I already skipped a grade, years ago, and so they're reluctant to give me much more, although all my teachers know that I clearly need it. If only the system was better set up, with a performance-based system rather than an age-based system, this whole thing would be so much better for everyone. The kids who are struggling could take things slower, while the kids who already know the material/learn quickly could skip ahead with ease.

Unfortunately, this is not a reality that could happen with the funding we have today. Frown

I never really bothered with people much. Maybe I can learn.

Why More School Is A TERRIBLE idea!

Posted By:
Team Audi #46
Team Audi #46
StarStarStarStarStar
You are right. More school is a terrible idea. Better school would be better. Our system now sucks. Probably why so many kids hate school. We need a system where it gauge your initial knowledge and puts you on track to learn at your pace and what you need to learn.

Example: Have a preliminary test that tests all the major subjects English, Math, Science, etc. Say a student does bad in Math and does better in all the other subjects. We now know that we need to focus on math more than the others. Still teach the student the other subjects to make sure he is where everybody else should be at but focus heavily on math more than the others. And really help him. If the teachers see him struggling, talk to him and reteach it. Really get him to learn it. 

Unfortunately, as stated above, that could not happen with the current funding. And the fact that we would have to convince them that it's a system that works.

I personally go to the best school in Nevada and possibly the best magnet school in America. At least in the top three. Everybody at the school struggles in something. It's mainly the teachers but, some of the stuff people genuinely don't know. The school is tough. You have to practically devote your life to the school depending on the classes you take. I take the bare minimal because I know I wouldn't be able to motivate myself to actually do it.

Destiny Concept Art

← Previous 1 2 Next →

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

UKCIG-UK Capital Investments Group, Why d...

Whose your favorite basketball player?

Whose your favorite basketball player?

Skittles or Nutella

What do the Popular Girls at Your School W...

im a geog. student and i need some help

latest videos