Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

why is abusing a child not a bad idea To the abuser

Posted By:
skyblue877
skyblue877
Star

THE epic person

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez
StarStarStarStarStar
In the context of a parent using physical pain or violence as a form of punishment, one common scenario is the abuser being raised in an abusive environment, and in their mind it's not really abuse, it's just a form of punishment. It was the way that they were punished as a child, so they too punish their children this way. Of course, not all people who are abused as children become adults who abuse children, nor is it the sole reason for child abuse. 

Another aspect could be cultural. A lot of societies don't have the reservations about the use of physical violence that we have in western English speaking nations. It's not a good thing that some cultures still promote and accept the use of violence, but it is the way things currently are. 

I think it ultimately comes down to perception. The way that you see your own actions has a lot to do with which actions you take. A lot of people see the act of committing violence against another person as a means of asserting justice, retribution, and moral authority. If you don't see it as hurting someone for the cause of suffering but instead as asserting a principle it becomes a lot easier to justify it to oneself to hurt people, potentially even children. 

Posted By:
Silver70
Silver70
StarStarStar
Because the only ambition the abuser has is to abuse the child. If they dont do that they feel like they dont have anything else to do and thats just freaking sad.

Reiection doesnt mean youre not good enough.

The other person FAILED to notice what you have to OFFER

Mad Tired Sad Annoyed Raspberry

Posted By:
Not_So_Perfect_
Not_So_Perfect_
StarStarStarStar
Ah?... Whatever they Said^^

You♥...

Posted By:
Tamia2013
Tamia2013
StarStarStarStarStar

Because it's not the abuser getting abused or hurt so what do they care for?

Posted By:
AlphaT
AlphaT
StarStarStarStarStar
Well, it depends. Is this real abuse, or punishment? In the case of real abuse, its because they were born with a disability in a part of their brain, called the amyglada. If its a form of punishment, then its not abuse, as long as no lasting marks are made and its in the right place.

*sigh*I'm afraid that fine roses are as rare as respectable opponents.

Posted By:
Zendayafan121
Zendayafan121
Star
I feel like they don't understand what it feels like and they just like having power. It can sometimes just be  a release of anger.

Posted By:
Ashleexo
Ashleexo
StarStarStarStar
I think because they need to do it or they don't think it's wrong. This is dangerous because they will keep doing it until someone makes them stop. Even if it is a punishment, like a harsh spanking, if there is no lasting marks or harm then its punishment and not abuse. I never liked getting that type of punishment but I knew it wasn't abuse or I would have reported it.

"AlphaT" wrote:

Well, it depends. Is this real abuse, or punishment? In the case of real abuse, its because they were born with a disability in a part of their brain, called the amyglada. If its a form of punishment, then its not abuse, as long as no lasting marks are made and its in the right place.

Posted By:
InternetOwl
InternetOwl
StarStarStarStar
It comes down to the perspective, I'd say. In stories, villains often see themselves as the hero, rather than the actual protagonist, which is why they carry out their actions. It the same thing here. Abusers often feel the child "deserves it" which makes it feel like it's the right thing to do.
It also comes down to power. Some abusers were abused themselves as a child and to finally gain power over a child themselves would make them feel superior.   

Posted By:
donteatcarrots
donteatcarrots
StarStarStarStarStar

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:

In the context of a parent using physical pain or violence as a form of punishment, one common scenario is the abuser being raised in an abusive environment, and in their mind it's not really abuse, it's just a form of punishment. It was the way that they were punished as a child, so they too punish their children this way. Of course, not all people who are abused as children become adults who abuse children, nor is it the sole reason for child abuse. 

Another aspect could be cultural. A lot of societies don't have the reservations about the use of physical violence that we have in western English speaking nations. It's not a good thing that some cultures still promote and accept the use of violence, but it is the way things currently are. 

I think it ultimately comes down to perception. The way that you see your own actions has a lot to do with which actions you take. A lot of people see the act of committing violence against another person as a means of asserting justice, retribution, and moral authority. If you don't see it as hurting someone for the cause of suffering but instead as asserting a principle it becomes a lot easier to justify it to oneself to hurt people, potentially even children. 

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

Aboartion - Is It Wrong Or Right?

3 Facts About You!

latest videos