x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends ff8c072dd79a91c1300f032d674241a8d64367100ffb1f25fa3f9bec4a05319f
Kidzworld Logo

General

Do you think the death penalty is effective?

1 2 4 Next →
Posted By:
Fire667
Fire667
Member since:
July 2016
Status:
Offline

Posts: 1215
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted 4 days ago

"slaughter" wrote:

The death penalty is ineffective because it doesn't deter crime. People will still commit severe crimes knowing that they will be executed, nothing stops their motives. The psychological mind-set of the criminal is such that they are not able to consider consequences at the time of the crime. Most crimes are crimes of passion that are done in situations involving intense excitement or concern. People who commit these crimes are not in a normal state of mind, they do not consider the consequences in a logical way.



The death penalty is faaaar too expensive. For example, the death penalty costs North Carolina nearly $11 million a year. Cases that use capital punishment are more expensive than those without capital punishment.



If the criminal has commit a crime they deserve to pay their time for it behind bars. Sending them to death is just inhumane. I know they are methods of execution that people consider humane but is murdering another person really humane? because it isn't. It doesn't matter how you kill them honestly, you're still killing them. It also affects the families of the criminal. Many people are hurt in this situation.



I would say you were and are passionate about that post. But, you described the common psychopath and man or women with nothing to lose. Neither care about the consequence of any crime and are not capable of doing so. Yes, it is expensive as you say for the trial. But, that is to insure that this person I truly fit for this punishment. Of course it deters those who are sane, and those who may be emotional enough to kill to reconsider their actions. Whether it is inhuman or not I'm not going to get into you with that its your opinion. I do believe if we spend that much money on a trial that the person who is found guilty and receives this punishment. Is fit to die they have caused more suffering then they are receiving in that one moment of death. In my opinion they should receive ten fold. That is my only opinion on the matter.

Posted By:
slaughter
slaughter
Member since:
September 2017
Status:
Offline

Posts: 4
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted 4 days ago

"Fire667" wrote:



"slaughter" wrote:


The death penalty is ineffective because it doesn't deter crime. People will still commit severe crimes knowing that they will be executed, nothing stops their motives. The psychological mind-set of the criminal is such that they are not able to consider consequences at the time of the crime. Most crimes are crimes of passion that are done in situations involving intense excitement or concern. People who commit these crimes are not in a normal state of mind, they do not consider the consequences in a logical way.







The death penalty is faaaar too expensive. For example, the death penalty costs North Carolina nearly $11 million a year. Cases that use capital punishment are more expensive than those without capital punishment.







If the criminal has commit a crime they deserve to pay their time for it behind bars. Sending them to death is just inhumane. I know they are methods of execution that people consider humane but is murdering another person really humane? because it isn't. It doesn't matter how you kill them honestly, you're still killing them. It also affects the families of the criminal. Many people are hurt in this situation.



 

I would say you were and are passionate about that post. But, you described the common psychopath and man or women with nothing to lose. Neither care about the consequence of any crime and are not capable of doing so. Yes, it is expensive as you say for the trial. But, that is to insure that this person I truly fit for this punishment. Of course it deters those who are sane, and those who may be emotional enough to kill to reconsider their actions. Whether it is inhuman or not I'm not going to get into you with that its your opinion. I do believe if we spend that much money on a trial that the person who is found guilty and receives this punishment. Is fit to die they have caused more suffering then they are receiving in that one moment of death. In my opinion they should receive ten fold. That is my only opinion on the matter.


Capital punishment is used on people that commit severe crimes and those people really do think they  have nothing to lose. They're doing something risky in the first place and really don't care about what follows as long as they have done what they felt like they needed to do. States that use capital punishment are brutalising the law. Setting a good example for the people would be banning capital punishment altogether. In 2010, the murder rate in states where the death penalty has been abolished was 4.01 per cent per 100,000 people. In states where the death penalty is used, the figure was 5.00 per cent. These calculations are based on figures from the FBI. Capital punishment is unnecessary, there is no need it. They're still human and deserve to live their life no matter what they've done, life has too much value even if they are the most hated person on Earth.

Posted By:
Fire667
Fire667
Member since:
July 2016
Status:
Offline

Posts: 1215
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted 3 days ago
First I want to point out the irony of your name being slaughter. 

Second, I want to applaud you on using the go to facts that everyone who supports you point of view would use. 

Third, I want to point out that human life is precious, and that's why extreme measures have to be taken in order to maintain that mentality. The worst criminals in America don't commit crimes they do the very thing you accuse capital punish ment does. No worse capital punishment doesn't kill children. Doesn't torture people commit atrocitys against human nature. We don't need to waste money on people who don't care about who They hurt. Sure we spend millions on trials but, that is to insure they are not killed unless necessary. Which would cause the system to be exactly what you say it is. The sadist put on trial love every second of the pain they cause. Do you think people like this deserve to live. 

Living inside a prison isn't life at all. Nothing is precious about staring at a concrete ceiling all day knowing that you killed people. That there is the easy way out. Sadist and psychopaths who deserve what capital punishment deems worthy don't feel sorry for what they did. When they escape capital punishment they laugh in their cells knowing they got away with their crimes. They are a waste of space living in a paid for box with good in their bellies that American tax payers give them. When you take another human beings life. A child's who could have grown up and changed this world for the better. Had a loving family, and lives a well enough and as you say precious life. Then the person who took that away shouldnt live a useless life doing nothing and never truly paying for their crimes. 

Posted By:
slaughter
slaughter
Member since:
September 2017
Status:
Offline

Posts: 4
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted 3 days ago

"Fire667" wrote:

First I want to point out the irony of your name being slaughter. 

 


Second, I want to applaud you on using the go to facts that everyone who supports you point of view would use. 


 


Third, I want to point out that human life is precious, and that's why extreme measures have to be taken in order to maintain that mentality. The worst criminals in America don't commit crimes they do the very thing you accuse capital punish ment does. No worse capital punishment doesn't kill children. Doesn't torture people commit atrocitys against human nature. We don't need to waste money on people who don't care about who They hurt. Sure we spend millions on trials but, that is to insure they are not killed unless necessary. Which would cause the system to be exactly what you say it is. The sadist put on trial love every second of the pain they cause. Do you think people like this deserve to live. 


 


Living inside a prison isn't life at all. Nothing is precious about staring at a concrete ceiling all day knowing that you killed people. That there is the easy way out. Sadist and psychopaths who deserve what capital punishment deems worthy don't feel sorry for what they did. When they escape capital punishment they laugh in their cells knowing they got away with their crimes. They are a waste of space living in a paid for box with good in their bellies that American tax payers give them. When you take another human beings life. A child's who could have grown up and changed this world for the better. Had a loving family, and lives a well enough and as you say precious life. Then the person who took that away shouldnt live a useless life doing nothing and never truly paying for their crimes. 


Haha yes my username but I'm a pacifist for sure. Those extreme measures that are taken just proves that we actually aren't progressing as a society. That doesn't maintain mentality though because It's murdering people for what they've done. That's not good mentality because death is never okay under any circumstance. Many people don't want to live where murder is allowed. Killing someone doesn't make anything better It doesn't bring back lives or restore what they've done. It makes things better for people for a little while and It may seem like justice when the criminal has been executed but it brings short time happiness and doesn't actually do anything. Yeah it's one less criminal to worry about when you've killed them but It's somebodies life and they will die eventually. Just let them live a little longer, It's not that hard. They have done wrong in the world but they still have their human rights. Exactly, we don't need to waste money on people who don't care about who they hurt. So why use the very expensive capital punishment?. Sadists have a personality disorder. Everyone deserves to live.

Living inside a prison isn't a great lifestyle. People try to avoid for a reason but some people just can't help but do wrong. Those that do wrong get sent to prison and they deserve to stay there. They deserve to spend a lot of time thinking about what they've done and If they have no remorse about what they've done then they have a very different way of thinking. It's not an easy way out  if you're living in a jail cell. Prison is very tough and It is a hard way of living. Your freedom is practically taken away from you because you're constantly under surveillance. Psychopaths are people that suffer from different personality disorders. It's easy for you to make a judgement on psychopaths because you will never understand their state of mind unless you are one of them and I'm not saying all psychopaths are the same but their brains are definitely wired differently. They took away a childs life knowing that they will never grow up and do good in the world, something they couldn't do. They will always be known as someone that could never do good and they will always have a  bad reputation. That doesn't mean we should kill them though. They did prevent that child from growing up but what If that criminal has a really bad mental illness or they actually feel remorse from what they did and want to change for the better?. Putting the criminal to death means they really won't pay for their crimes because they are just getting killed, just like they killed the child. Maybe that criminal really craves death after killing the child, It's better to give them the opposite of what they want. 

Posted By:
Fire667
Fire667
Member since:
July 2016
Status:
Offline

Posts: 1215
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted 3 days ago

"slaughter" wrote:

"Fire667" wrote:

First I want to point out the irony of your name being slaughter. 

 


Second, I want to applaud you on using the go to facts that everyone who supports you point of view would use. 


 


Third, I want to point out that human life is precious, and that's why extreme measures have to be taken in order to maintain that mentality. The worst criminals in America don't commit crimes they do the very thing you accuse capital punish ment does. No worse capital punishment doesn't kill children. Doesn't torture people commit atrocitys against human nature. We don't need to waste money on people who don't care about who They hurt. Sure we spend millions on trials but, that is to insure they are not killed unless necessary. Which would cause the system to be exactly what you say it is. The sadist put on trial love every second of the pain they cause. Do you think people like this deserve to live. 


 


Living inside a prison isn't life at all. Nothing is precious about staring at a concrete ceiling all day knowing that you killed people. That there is the easy way out. Sadist and psychopaths who deserve what capital punishment deems worthy don't feel sorry for what they did. When they escape capital punishment they laugh in their cells knowing they got away with their crimes. They are a waste of space living in a paid for box with good in their bellies that American tax payers give them. When you take another human beings life. A child's who could have grown up and changed this world for the better. Had a loving family, and lives a well enough and as you say precious life. Then the person who took that away shouldnt live a useless life doing nothing and never truly paying for their crimes. 


Haha yes my username but I'm a pacifist for sure. Those extreme measures that are taken just proves that we actually aren't progressing as a society. That doesn't maintain mentality though because It's murdering people for what they've done. That's not good mentality because death is never okay under any circumstance. Many people ##### #### ## #### where murder is allowed. Killing someone doesn't make anything better It doesn't bring back lives or restore what they've done. It makes things better for people for a little while and It may seem like justice when the criminal has been executed but it brings short time happiness and doesn't actually do anything. Yeah it's one less criminal to worry about when you've killed them but It's somebodies life and they will die eventually. Just let them live a little longer, It's not that hard. They have done wrong in the world but they still have their human rights. Exactly, we don't need to waste money on people who don't care about who they hurt. So why use the very expensive capital punishment?. Sadists have a personality disorder. Everyone deserves to live.

Living inside a prison isn't a great lifestyle. People try to avoid for a reason but some people just can't help but do wrong. Those that do wrong get sent to prison and they deserve to stay there. They deserve to spend a lot of time thinking about what they've done and If they have no remorse about what they've done then they have a very different way of thinking. It's not an easy way out  if you're living in a jail cell. Prison is very tough and It is a hard way of living. Your freedom is practically taken away from you because you're constantly under surveillance. Psychopaths are people that suffer from different personality disorders. It's easy for you to make a judgement on psychopaths because you will never understand their state of mind unless you are one of them and I'm not saying all psychopaths are the same but their brains are definitely wired differently. They took away a childs life knowing that they will never grow up and do good in the world, something they couldn't do. They will always be known as someone that could never do good and they will always have a  bad reputation. That doesn't mean we should kill them though. They did prevent that child from growing up but what If that criminal has a really bad mental illness or they actually feel remorse from what they did and want to change for the better?. Putting the criminal to death means they really won't pay for their crimes because they are just getting killed, just like they killed the child. Maybe that criminal really craves death after killing the child, It's better to give them the opposite of what they want.

I dont think you under stand the meaning of a psychopath. They are unable to feel remorse. No many very and some do fall in the line of Pyschopath because we don't have a term for them. We can't under stand them? Its as easy to understand them as for anyone in the world to try and walk in a sane persons shoes. I'm not saying because they are psychopaths we should kill them. Their condition doesn't effect personality it effects moral development. Sitting inside a cell doesn't change a thing about them, but this debate isn't about psychopaths or how well the capital punishment punishes its about its effectiveness. I commend your arguments and do indeed say that there is no proof that it works in deterring crime. Other than that I would say we could go back and forth between others opinions but id rather not. Have a beautiful day and hope to debate on a different subject in the future

1 2 4 Next →

Latest Forum Posts

Hi, Waves at you!

hi i'm new?

Do you support Donald Trump?

Do you think hunting is okay? When? What? ...

Do you think hunting is okay? When? What? ...

do aliens exist

what needs to stop in our society?

do aliens exist

do aliens exist

do aliens exist

Latest Videos

Play Online Games