Kw-logo-holiday

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Mental Disease?

Posted By:
CandyX_1334677 Lock
CandyX_1334677
Member since:
August, 2009
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 269
Do you think mental illness is a disease? Why or why not?

A guy walked into a bar. OUCH!!


Mental Disease?

Posted By:
DemolitionLover96_1166215 Lock
DemolitionLover96_1166215
Member since:
November, 2008
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 2669
It is considered a disease. Not the kind you catch, but develop. There is evidence to support that.

GinnyHermioneTonks; The Golden Trio.
AllieStephKatie; Best Friends Forever
RemusSiriusTonks; Best Role-Players Ever


Whoever said 'Nothing is impossible' obviously hasn't tried slamming a revolving door.


It's okay to grow up. As long as you don't grow up to become old.


Mental Disease?

Posted By:
CandyX_1334677 Lock
CandyX_1334677
Member since:
August, 2009
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 269

"DemolitionLover96" wrote:

It is considered a disease.
Not the kind you catch, but develop.
There is evidence to support that.

I know, but a lot of people think that it is not a disease. I think it is, but I also think that it is too broadly defined. Because in this book that lists mental diseases it says that things like insomnia, shyness, and playing video games a lot, are signs of mental illness.

A guy walked into a bar. OUCH!!


Mental Disease?

Posted By:
DemolitionLover96_1166215 Lock
DemolitionLover96_1166215
Member since:
November, 2008
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 2669

"CandyX" wrote:

"DemolitionLover96" wrote:

It is considered a disease.
Not the kind you catch, but develop.
There is evidence to support that.

I know, but a lot of people think that it is not a disease. I think it is, but I also think that it is too broadly defined. Because in this book that lists mental diseases it says that things like insomnia, shyness, and playing video games a lot, are signs of mental illness.

I agree. Take autism for example. Brain scans have shown under-development in areas that control speech development and parts of the brain that help you understand something...

GinnyHermioneTonks; The Golden Trio.
AllieStephKatie; Best Friends Forever
RemusSiriusTonks; Best Role-Players Ever


Whoever said 'Nothing is impossible' obviously hasn't tried slamming a revolving door.


It's okay to grow up. As long as you don't grow up to become old.


Mental Disease?

Posted By:
CandyX_1334677 Lock
CandyX_1334677
Member since:
August, 2009
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 269

"DemolitionLover96" wrote:

"CandyX" wrote:

"DemolitionLover96" wrote:

It is considered a disease.
Not the kind you catch, but develop.
There is evidence to support that.

I know, but a lot of people think that it is not a disease. I think it is, but I also think that it is too broadly defined. Because in this book that lists mental diseases it says that things like insomnia, shyness, and playing video games a lot, are signs of mental illness.

I agree. Take autism for example. Brain scans have shown under-development in areas that control speech development and parts of the brain that help you understand something...

It annoyed me a lot when I read what this guy was saying. He said he thought that mental illness didn't exist, but that it was just an excuse to get out of your responsibility's of life.

A guy walked into a bar. OUCH!!


Mental Disease?

Posted By:
DemolitionLover96_1166215 Lock
DemolitionLover96_1166215
Member since:
November, 2008
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 2669

"CandyX" wrote:

"DemolitionLover96" wrote:

"CandyX" wrote:

"DemolitionLover96" wrote:

It is considered a disease.
Not the kind you catch, but develop.
There is evidence to support that.

I know, but a lot of people think that it is not a disease. I think it is, but I also think that it is too broadly defined. Because in this book that lists mental diseases it says that things like insomnia, shyness, and playing video games a lot, are signs of mental illness.

I agree. Take autism for example. Brain scans have shown under-development in areas that control speech development and parts of the brain that help you understand something...

It annoyed me a lot when I read what this guy was saying. He said he thought that mental illness didn't exist, but that it was just an excuse to get out of your responsibility's of life.

I know, it is annoying how people don't believe mental illnesses are diseases. It's almost like saying they don't deserve the same care as someone who's physically ill.

GinnyHermioneTonks; The Golden Trio.
AllieStephKatie; Best Friends Forever
RemusSiriusTonks; Best Role-Players Ever


Whoever said 'Nothing is impossible' obviously hasn't tried slamming a revolving door.


It's okay to grow up. As long as you don't grow up to become old.


Mental Disease?

Posted By:
simonismine
simonismine
Member since:
March, 2009
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 860
Yes I think it is.. ONLY because.. You can catch it from blood (like from your family genes!).

Mental Disease?

Posted By:
CandyX_1334677 Lock
CandyX_1334677
Member since:
August, 2009
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 269
They're just really ignorant. I mean the evidence is right in front of them!

A guy walked into a bar. OUCH!!


Mental Disease?

Posted By:
DemolitionLover96_1166215 Lock
DemolitionLover96_1166215
Member since:
November, 2008
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 2669

"simonismine" wrote:

Yes I think it is.. ONLY because..
You can catch it from blood (like from your family genes!).

That isn't through blood. And there are mental illnesses that aren't genetically passed.

GinnyHermioneTonks; The Golden Trio.
AllieStephKatie; Best Friends Forever
RemusSiriusTonks; Best Role-Players Ever


Whoever said 'Nothing is impossible' obviously hasn't tried slamming a revolving door.


It's okay to grow up. As long as you don't grow up to become old.


Mental Disease?

Posted By:
DemolitionLover96_1166215 Lock
DemolitionLover96_1166215
Member since:
November, 2008
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 2669

"CandyX" wrote:

They're just really ignorant. I mean the evidence is right in front of them!

Exactly.

GinnyHermioneTonks; The Golden Trio.
AllieStephKatie; Best Friends Forever
RemusSiriusTonks; Best Role-Players Ever


Whoever said 'Nothing is impossible' obviously hasn't tried slamming a revolving door.


It's okay to grow up. As long as you don't grow up to become old.


← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

play online games

Hour-of-code-tumb

Codey the troll is lost! Help him avoid obstacles and get back into the computer...

Candy-quest-feature

Your troll is lost! Help it avoid obstacles and get back into the computer.

Fo...

Dragon-dash

Your dragon must return to guard the treasure! Help it gather lost coins and avo...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properties to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be r...

1005_cc_kidz_100x100_vlh

Candy's got her candies into a terrible mess, can you help her to sort them out?

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

_thumb_100x100

Bloons 2 is here! A worthy and awesome sequel at last to our original Bloons gam...

Frostbox_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Should we bring back the death penalty?

The Related Game!

We the Kidz

16th Birthday Ideas (Boy)

Should we bring back the death penalty?

Should we bring back the death penalty?

latest videos